The Ashes 2017-18 News
- Cricket Chiefs Find No Evidence Of Ashes Match-Fixing
International cricket chiefs said on Thursday that they have found no evidence of match-fixing during the third Ashes Test between Australia and England.
- The Ashes: Australia Rout England By An Innings And 123 Runs To Win 4-0
Australia ruthlessly extinguished England's resistance to claim an innings victory in the fifth Ashes Test and complete a 4-0 series rout
- How Mitchell And Shaun Marsh's Century Celebrations Almost Ended In Disaster
The Marsh brothers became only the third set of brothers to score centuries in the same innings for Australia.
- The Ashes, 5th Test: England Stare At Defeat After Marsh Brothers' Tons
The Australians amassed a massive 303-run innings lead in blistering heat and then reduced the battle-weary tourists to 93 for four at the close with a day to play.
- Ashes 2017: Usman Khawaja Stars As Australia Lead England By 133 Runs On Day 3
Khawaja top scored with 171 while Shaun Marsh finished unbeaten on 98 after Steve Smith fell for 83 as Australia built a substantial lead.
- The Ashes, 5th Test: Smith Milestone As Australia Chip Away At England Lead On Day 2
Smith, with three centuries in this five-match series, has been the bane of the England team and was potentially heading towards another ton.
- The Ashes, Day 1: Joe Root Falls Short Of Elusive Century As Australia Hit Back Late
Root was out to a superb diving catch by Mitchell Marsh at square leg for 83 in the day's penultimate over
- The Ashes: Australia Aim To Extend Dominance In Final Test
Australia, denied a sweep in the Ashes series, will be keen to seal a 4-0 verdict.
- Glenn Maxwell, Matthew Wade Axed From Australia's ODI Squad Against England
Chief selector Trevor Hohns said ODI specialist Maxwell was omitted over consistency concerns, while Tim Paine takes the wicketkeeping gloves from Wade following his outstanding form in the Ashes Test series.
- The Ashes, 5th Test: Mitchell Starc 'Ready' To Go, Ashton Agar Likely To Sit Out Against England In Sydney
Pace spearhead Mitchell Starc is in line to return to Australia's bowling line-up with second spinner Ashton Agar unlikely to play in Thursday's final Ashes Test against England.
- The Ashes, 4th Test: ICC Rates Melbourne Pitch As 'Poor'
ICC rated the Melbourne pitch as 'poor' under the ICC Pitch and Outfield Monitoring Process.
- Ashes: England Ponder Taking A Spin With Mason Crane In Sydney
Trailing 3-0 and the Ashes lost, England are considering a possible team change for the fifth Sydney Test with Moeen Ali's place under threat and Crane pushing for his first cap.
- The Ashes: Ashton Agar Ready For Another Spin Tilt at England in Sydney
Agar played in both Tests against Bangladesh this year and said he was ready to take on England if he got his chance in Thursday's Sydney Test.
- Steve Smith Becomes Only Batsman In Test History To Achieve This Feat
Steve Smith ended the year 2017 as the highest run-getter in Tests with 1,305 runs at an average of 76.76.
- Steve Smith's Ton Secures Ashes Test Draw With England
Australia only lost two wickets on the fifth day but coasted through after lunch to finish on 263 for four with Mitchell Marsh not out on 29.
- The Ashes: England Reject Ball-Tampering As Rain Halts Victory Push
Extended hours will be played on the final day on Saturday as England press for their first win of the series, in which Australia hold an unbeatable 3-0 lead.
- Watch: Usman Khawaja's Catch To Dismiss Stuart Broad Stirs Ashes Controversy
Controversy erupted at the MCG when Australian opener Usman Khawaja dived forward to take Stuart Broad's catch at deep mid-wicket.
- The Ashes: Alastair Cook Notches Another Record To Give England Handy Lead Over Australia
Alastair Cook's fifth double-century also catapulted him above West Indian Brian Lara to become the sixth highest run-getter in Test cricket with 11,956.