- FIFA Ban: Supreme Court Tells Government To Work On Lifting AIFF Suspension
The Supreme Court on Wednesday told the government to work on lifting FIFA's suspension of the AIFF.
- Elon Musk Tweets He Is "Buying Manchester United"
Elon Musk tweeted Tuesday evening that he is purchasing the Manchester United football club, although it was not clear if the eccentric billionaire, currently embroiled in a lawsuit over his bid to buy Twitter, was being serious.
- Brazil-Argentina World Cup Qualifier Definitively Canceled
Last year's aborted World Cup qualifier between Brazil and Argentina will not be replayed, the two South American countries' football associations said on Tuesday
- Former Manchester United Star Ryan Giggs Admits To Lifelong Infidelity In Court Testimony
Former footballer Ryan Giggs admitted Tuesday to being unfaithful in all his past romantic relationships but denied ever being violent towards partners, as he gave evidence over charges of assault and coercive control of an ex-girlfriend
- Italian League To Probe Racist Chanting At Hellas Verona
The Italian football league has launched an enquiry after Napoli striker Victor Osimhen suffered racist abuse from the stands during a Serie A match at Hellas Verona on Monday
- FIFA's Decision To Suspend India Unfortunate: Committee Of Administrators
This is the first time the AIFF has been banned by FIFA in its 85-year existence, with the Bureau of the FIFA Council saying there have been "flagrant violations of the FIFA Statutes".
- Watch: David Alaba Comes On As Substitute, Scores Winner With 1st Touch For Real Madrid
David Alaba came on as a second half substitute and curled a free-kick in off the upright, which was his first touch after coming on.
- Manchester City Complete Signing Of Spanish Defender Sergio Gomez
Pep Guardiola last week confirmed the impending arrival of Sergio Gomez, dismissing the suggestion he would be sent out on loan this season
- Claims Of Financial Irregularities In AIFF Not Right: Ex-AIFF General Secretary Kushal Das
Kushal Das is not happy with the suspension of AIFF by the international football governing body FIFA.
- FIFA Suspends India: Timeline Of How Events Unfolded
It all started to go from bad to worse as controversial former AIFF president Praful Patel, whose third term in office ended in December 2020, stayed in office citing a pending Supreme Court case.
- Watch: How Darwin Nunez's Head-Butt Cost Him His First Red Card As Liverpool Player
Palace's Joachim Anderson had pushed Darwin Nunez, and then the Liverpool star reacted angrily, and this eventually led to him being issued a red card
- CoA Had Agreed To Conduct AIFF Elections Without 'Eminent Players' As Per FIFA's Wish: Report
Hours before the FIFA ban, the Committee of Administrators (CoA) running football in India had agreed to hold AIFF's elections without giving voting rights to 'eminent' players as per the world body's wish
- Karim Benzema Becomes Real Madrid's Second Top-Scorer Of All Time
Karim Benzema's first goal of the ongoing 2022-23 season has made him Real Madrid's second top scorer of all time.
- What Impact FIFA's Suspension Will Have On Indian Football?
All India Football Federation (AIFF) has been suspended with immediate effect by FIFA due to third party influence. Now, Indian football is staring at an uncertain future.
- FIFA Suspends Football Body, India Can't Host Under 17 Women's World Cup
In a major setback and embarrassment for the country, world football governing body FIFA on Tuesday suspended India for "undue influence from third parties" and said the U-17 Women's World Cup "cannot currently be held in India as planned."
- "Opportunity For Us To Get System Right": Bhaichung Bhutia On AIFF's Suspension
Bhaichung Bhutia termed the FIFA's decision to ban Indian football "very harsh" but in it also saw an opportunity to get the country's sport in order
- FIFA Suspends All India Football Federation Due To "Undue Influence From Third Parties"
FIFA, the apex football body on Tuesday announced that it has decided to suspend the All India Football Federation (AIFF) with immediate effect
- Premier League: Darwin Nunez's Red Card Costs Liverpool More Ground In Draw With Crystal Palace
Liverpool fought back with 10 men to prevent a first Premier League defeat in front of fans at Anfield since 2017 as Darwin Nunez was sent off during a 1-1 draw with Crystal Palace on Monday