World T20, 2016 News
- On This Day In 2016, Virat Kohli Was Named Player Of ICC World T20
On this day five years ago, India captain Virat Kohli was named the Man of the Series in the 2016 ICC World T20.
- Virat Kohli's Brilliant Innings Knocked Australia Out Of World T20 In 2016. Watch
During the World T20 back in 2016, Virat Kohli smashed 273 runs in 5 matches averaging a staggering 136.50.
- Virat Kohli's Temperament Better Than Sachin Tendulkar's: Imran Khan
Virat Kohli has often been compared to Sachin Tendulkar. Former cricket great Imran Khan is full of praise for India's young Test captain
- Ravi Shastri Admits Applying For India's Head Coach Job
Former India team director Ravi Shastri admitted on Monday that he has applied for the post of head coach of the Indian cricket team.
- ICC Women's World T20 Attracted 24.5 Million Viewers in India Alone
The International Cricket Council also stated that the ICC Women's World T20 generated an average audience of 100,000 in the United States on Willow TV
- Kusal Perera's Doping Case Dropped by International Cricket Council
Kusal Perera is now free to play again after a provisional suspension which started in December and ruled him out of Sri Lanka's World Twenty20 title defence.
- Mickey Arthur Warns Pakistan of no Compromise in Discipline
Mickey Arthur replaced legendary pacer Waqar Younis as the coach of the Pakistani cricket team. He has coached South Africa and Australia in the past.
- Delhi Government Issues Notice to DDCA
The Delhi government issued a notice to the Delhi and District Cricket Association asking for sponsorship money details collected for the 10 World Twenty20 matches hosted at the Feroz Shah Kotla.
- ICC Reprimands West Indies Players For Criticising WICB After World T20 Win
The International Cricket Council is thinking of imposing Code of Conduct charges on several West Indies players for "inappropriate" and "disrespectful" comments that "brought the event into disrepute".
- World T20: Marlon Samuels Not Gracious in Victory, Says Ben Stokes
Ben Stokes suffered at the hands of Carlos Brathwaite who blasted consecutive sixes off the first four deliveries in the World T20 final while Marlon Samuels stroked a match-wining 85 off 66 balls
- World T20: Life Back to Normal For Ben Stokes
West Indies hard-hitting all-rounder Carlos Brathwaite had hit Ben Stokes for four straight sixes in the World Twenty20 final over to finish off the game in style.
- Yuvraj Singh Targets May 6 Game Against Gujarat Lions For IPL Return
Yuvraj Singh had sustained an ankle injury while playing against Australia during the World Twenty20 and missed the first three games for Sunrisers Hyderabad in the ninth edition of the Indian Premier League.
- Inzamam-ul-Haq Agreed on Condition That he Gets a Three-Year Term
Inzamam-ul-Haq recently resigned as the head coach of Afghanistan to take up his new post as chief selector of the Pakistan Cricket Board.
- Steve Waugh Believes That Champions West Indies Have Become an Example of Twenty20 Chaos
Steve Waugh, former Australia captain, said the lucrative Twenty20 leagues across the globe had created a "loyalty to money" among players instead of "loyalty to the team".
- Mushtaq Ahmed Appointed Pakistan's National Cricket Academy Head
Mushtaq Ahmed was till recently the bowling coach of the Pakistani cricket team.
- Steve Waugh Feels Players' Loyalty Lies With Money And Not With Teams in Modern Day Cricket
Steve Waugh, Australia's World Cup-winning captain, is worried about the impact that Twenty20 cricket is having on cricket, saying the incentive on offer in T20 leagues has led to a decline in loyalty towards national duty.
- Heart-broken Mahmudullah Takes Responsibility for Bangladesh Loss to India in T20 World Cup
Mahmudullah says that his senseless mistake in the T20 World Cup was responsible for Bangladesh's defeat against India and he still finds it hard to forget.
- IPL 2016: Sarfaraz Khan Cameo Icing on Virat Kohli-AB de Villiers 157-Run Stand For Royal Challengers Bangalore
Sarfaraz Khan's explosive knock at the end propelled Royal Challengers Bangalore to 227/4, the highest total in Indian Premier League 2016 so far, after Virat Kohli and AB de Villiers created the launchpad.