World Cup 2019 News
- "Will Never Forget...": Indian Cricket Fans Equate Harmanpreet Kaur's Run Out With MS Dhoni's At 2019 World Cup
The Women's T20 World Cup semifinal between India and Australia turned dramatically when India captain Harmanpreet Kaur was run out with just 40 runs needed off 32 balls.
- Cricket World Cup: On This Day In 2019, Virat Kohli's Warm Gesture Towards Steve Smith Won Hearts Of Fans
Cricket World Cup: Virat Kohli's heartfelt gesture towards Steve Smith won him plenty of praise on social media and he also got the ICC's "2019 Spirit of Cricket Award" in 2020.
- Ben Stokes Lit Up A Cigarette To Calm Nerves During 2019 World Cup Final: Report
On the one-year anniversary of that famous win, it has now been revealed that Ben Stokes lit up a cigarette to settle his nerves after taking the game into the Super Over.
- On This Day In 2019: England Beat New Zealand On Boundary Count Rule To Win Maiden World Cup
One year ago on this day, the ICC Men's Cricket World Cup Final witnessed a first-ever super-over in which England defeated New Zealand by barest of margins to lift their maiden title.
- "One Of The Saddest Days": Ravindra Jadeja Remembers India's Loss To New Zealand In 2019 World Cup Semis
Ravindra Jadeja fought valiantly in the chase but it wasn't enough as India lost to New Zealand in the 2019 World Cup semi-finals by 18 runs.
- Mohammed Shami Became 2nd Indian To Claim World Cup Hat-Trick On This Day Last Year
Mohammed Shami took a hat-trick against Afghanistan in 2019 World Cup and became the second Indian to achieve this feat in a 50-over World Cup after Chetan Sharma.
- "Don't Need To Prove Anything To Anyone": Kuldeep Yadav On Playing Without MS Dhoni
MS Dhoni's absence from the team and Kuldeep Yadav's dip in form both have coincided with each other, but the wrist-spinner insists that he was not dependent on him for his success.
- Watch: Mohammed Shami's "One Drop One Hand" Video Will Take You Down Memory Lane
Mohammed Shami took all cricket fans back to the days where they all played this game.
- MS Dhoni Has Earned The Right To Leave "On His Own Terms": Former India Coach Gary Kirsten
The Internet was abuzz after talk of MS Dhoni's retirement once more went viral.
- Glenn Maxwell Was Hoping For A Broken Arm During 2019 World Cup To Get "An Easy Escape"
Glenn Maxwell said he wanted his "arm to be broken" during the 2019 World Cup, hoping it would be an "easy escape" from international cricket.
- Shane Warne Says World Cup Final Overthrow Should Have Been A Dead Ball
Shane Warne, who is also a part of the MCC committee which will review the decision, questioned umpire's decision, saying that the overthrow should have been called a dead ball.
- Ben Stokes Refutes James Anderson's Claim, Says Did Not Ask Umpires To Overturn Four Overthrows
Ben Stokes cleared the air on the infamous overthrow incident in the World Cup 2019 final. Says he didn't ask the umpires to reverse the decision.
- "India Lost 2 Successive World Cups Under Current Coach": Robin Singh Takes A Dig At Ravi Shastri
India lost just one match in the World Cup 2019 league stage but crashed out in the semi-finals after losing to New Zealand.
- New Zealand Rugby Team Takes Cheeky Jibe At ICC Rule That Decided World Cup Winners
All Blacks trolled the ICC's rule after their Rugby Championship Test against South Africa's Springbooks ended in a draw in Wellington.
- ICC Defends Umpires' Overthrow Call, Says "They Followed Right Process"
ICC's general manager of cricket Geoff Allardice said that the playing conditions did not allow the third umpire or the match referee to intervene.
- Endured "Excruciating" Pain During World Cup, Says Jofra Archer
Jofra Archer took 20 wickets during England's successful campaign, bowling the crucial Super Over in the final at the Lord's on July 14.
- Ravi Shastri Complements Virat Kohli, Dangerous To Change Coach, Says BCCI Official: Report
The BCCI officials believe that it is important that Ravi Shastri continues as the head coach as that will help Virat Kohli evolve further as captain.
- Sachin Tendulkar Shares Bizarre Video, Twitter Trolls Umpire Kumar Dharmasena
Sachin Tendulkar asked his fans for their decision as umpire after a ball hit the stumps but the bail jumped up, and fell back on a stump and remained teetering there.