IPL 2014 News
- Indian Premier League 2015 to be Played between April 8 and May 24
Former Indian Premier League champions Mumbai Indians have released Mike Hussey and Praveen Kumar. Mumbai have acquired Unmukt Chand and Vinay Kumar in first trading window.
- IPL Scores Over ODI Cricket in Dharamsala
While walking around the hill station, one doesn't get the feeling that India's madly-loved cricket stars will be playing at the scenic HPCA Stadium after almost two years when India take on West Indies in the fourth ODI. The locals and organisers say excitement during the IPL is much more palpable than at the time of an international match.
- Indian Premier League vs Indian Super League: Mahendra Singh Dhoni No Match For Alessandro Del Piero!
The Indian Super League has made a prosperous start in its first season. Former Italian World Cupper Allesandro Del Piero is the costliest player, getting almost two times the fee Mahendra Singh Dhoni commanded when Indian Premier League began in 2008!
- Plea for Total Waiver of Entertainment Tax for IPL Matches
The Indian Premier League could soon be played in scenic Kerela if the government allows total waiver of entertainment tax.
- Lack of IPL Hurting England in Shorter Formats, Says Wasim Akram
England were thumped 4-1 in Australia in their one-day international series at the beginning of the year and also lost recent ODI series at home against Sri Lanka and India.
- Ian Botham Comments on IPL Rubbish, Says India Board Secretary Sanjay Patel
England cricket legend Ian Botham wanted the Indian Premier League (IPL) to be scrapped as he felt it was "too powerful for the long-term good of the game and also claimed that the franchise-based league provides the "perfect opportunity for betting and therefore fixing" and "players are slaves to it".
- Ian Botham Calls for End to 'Too Powerful' IPL
Delivering the MCC Spirit of Cricket Cowdrey Lecture at Lord's, where he was once a ground-staff boy before going on to star at the 'home of cricket' for both Somerset and England, Ian Botham expressed his fears about the Indian Premier League's (IPL) effect on corruption within the world game.
- IPL Scam Probe: N. Srinivasan to be Quizzed in Chennai
Senior IPS officer BB Mishra, who is also the deputy director general of Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB), during his stay in Chennai will be questioning former BCCI president and ICC chairman N Srinivasan as part of investigations into the betting and match-fixing scandal during the sixth edition of IPL.
- Hoping to Strike Form in Champions League T20, Says Virender Sehwag
Virender Sehwag enjoyed a good season with Kings XI Punjab in IPL 2014, scoring 455 runs in 17 innings.
- Kings XI Punjab's Sandeep Sharma to Miss CLT20 Due to Injury
One of the biggest stars of Indian Premier League this year, medium pacer Sandeep Sharma has been ruled out of action till December because of a strain.
- Sunil Gavaskar Relieved of BCCI Duties by Supreme Court
Sunil Gavaskar was appointed as interim BCCI president (IPL affairs) by the Supreme Court after N. Srinivasan was stood down as Board chief.
- IPL 7: Chaotic Kolkata Knight Riders Victory Bash at Eden Upsets Gautam Gambhir
Kolkata Knight Riders captain Gautam Gambhir is upset after the team's celebrations led to pandemonium and injuries to several fans outside Eden Gardens.
- Indian Premier League 7: Why Glenn Maxwell Unhappy With Kings XI Punjab Management
Glenn Maxwell took the Indian Premier League 2014 by storm. The Kings XI Punjab batsman was in stunning form with the bat as the Aussie dominated every bowler with his out-of-the-box batting. Maxwell lost his touch in the business end.
- IPL 7: It Feels Surreal Says Indian Premier League 7's Highest Run Getter Robin Uthappa
With 660 runs in 16 matches Robin Uthappa was the backbone of Kolkata Knight Riders's batting line up. He scored 10 scores of 40 plus which is a record in itself before before falling out cheaply in the final for 5.
- IPL 7: Kolkata Knight Riders Skipper Gautam Gambhir in 'Korbo Lorbo Jeetbo' Mode Ahead of Big Final
Ahead of the Indian Premier League 2014 final against Kings XI Punjab, Kolkata Knight Riders skipper Gautam Gambhir is confident that his team is shaping up nicely for the fight.
- IPL 7: Rampaging Kings XI Punjab Seek Glory, Resilient Kolkata Knight Riders Stand in the Way
Kings XI Punjab have entered the final of the Indian Premier League for the first time while Kolkata Knight Riders won the 2012 edition of the tournament.
- IPL 7: Two People Held for Betting on Chennai Super Kings-Kings XI Punjab Match
A police spokesperson said Saifulla Bella and Salim Duander were arrested late on Friday with a laptop and several mobile phones, several TV sets, a set-top box and Rs. 50,160 in cash in their possession.
- IPL 7: I promised My Son a Good Knock After His Schoolmates Teased Him, Says Virender Sehwag
Kings XI Punjab opener Virender Sehwag hit 12 fours and eight sixes during his monstrous 58-ball 122 that left even Chennai Super Kings captain MS Dhoni looking surprised.