Sri Lanka vs India 2015 News
- Virat Kohli Goes by Gut Feeling, Not Conventional Wisdom
Virat Kohli registered his first series win as captain of the Test side when India defeated hosts Sri Lanka 2-1 recently.
- Ishant Should Have Controlled His Emotions, Says Father Vijay Kumar
Ishant Sharma has received a one-match suspension for repeatedly breaching ICC's Code of Conduct during the three-Test matches in Sri Lanka.
- Cheteshwar Pujara Pips Rohit Sharma and Lokesh Rahul
Cheteshwar Pujara's unbeaten century against Sri Lanka in Colombo- one that earned him the man-of-the-match award- seems to have tilted the scales in favour of the Gujarat batsman.
- Ishant Sharma's Behaviour Pathetic Display of Aggression: Bedi
Ishant Sharma was first fined 65% of his match fees after giving two Sri Lankan batsmen a send off during the second Test. He then had an agitated confrontation with Dhammika Prasad in the final Test and consequently received a one match suspension.
- India Batsmen Upwardly Mobile in International Cricket Council Rankings; Cheteshwar Pujara Enters Top 20
At least four Team India batsmen have gained in the International Cricket Council rankings for Test batsmen. Cheteshwar Pujara is now the second Indian in the top 20.
- Top Five Concerns for Team India Despite Epic Test Series Win vs Sri Lanka
India may have won a memorable Test series in Sri Lanka but to ignore certain shortcomings during the three matches may prove to be suicidal going forward.
- Virat Kohli Wants to Change Team's Culture and Win Overseas: Coach
Rajkumar Sharma tells about how the skipper was determined to succeed in Sri Lanka where India won a Test series for the first time since 1993.
- Ishant Sharma Becomes Fourth Indian Pacer to Take 200 Test Wickets
Bagging eight wickets in the third and final Test, including a fifer in the first innings, Ishant Sharma joined an elite company of Indian fast bowlers including Kapil Dev (434), Zaheer Khan (311) and Javagal Srinath (236).
- Ishant Sharma Suspended for One Test After Verbal Altercation With Sri Lanka
Ishant Sharma will miss India's first Test against South Africa in Mohali in November after he was found guilty of breaching the ICC Code of Conduct following heated altercations with Sri Lankan cricketers at the Sinhalese Sports Club in Colombo.
- Aggression is the Keyword in India's Conquest of Sri Lanka
India's series win in Sri Lanka is important for a variety of reasons. Not only is it a rare overseas series win but an indicator that the young Indian team is on the right track.
- India Gain Ground in ICC Test Rankings After Series Win in Sri Lanka
Virat Kohli's Team India went into the three-match series on 97 points and has gained three rankings points after coming from behind to win its first overseas Test series victory since 2011.
- Angelo Mathews Rues Sri Lanka's Batting Failure in Series Decider
Sri Lanka conceded a 101-run lead to India's first innings score of 312. And later in the fourth innings, the islanders were bowled out for 268 chasing a target of 386.
- Virat Kohli a Proactive Captain, Makes Things Happen: Sunil Gavaskar
Virat Kohli, who became the first Indian captain since Mohammad Azharuddin (1993) to win a series in Sri Lanka, drew high praise from former skipper Sunil Gavaskar.
- Virat Kohli & Co. Hailed by BCCI After Winning Test Series in Sri Lanka After 22 Years
India's series win over Sri Lanka is there first away from home since 2011 when they won in West Indies.
- Sachin Tendulkar, Anil Kumble Congratulate Team India on Historic Triumph in Sri Lanka
India beat Sri Lanka by 117 runs to win their first series there since 1993. This is also Virat Kohli's first series victory as Test captain.
- Ravichandran Ashwin Credits 'Good Catching' for Record Haul of Wickets
Ravichandran Ashwin finished as Man of the Series with 21 wickets as India beat Sri Lanka 2-1 to win a series in the island nation after 1993.
- Virat Kohli Lauds Young Team India's Attitude, Praises Fiery Ishant Sharma
Virat Kohli, in his first full series as Test captain, led India to a series win in Sri Lanka after 22 years
- Team India Tastes Test Series Triumph in Sri Lanka for First Time Since 1993
Angelo Mathews waged a brave war but it was not enough to stop India from registering a 117-run win in the final Test to claim the series 2-1.