South Africa vs India 2013-14 News
- India vs South Africa: Rishabh Pant "Let The Team Down", Says Former India Cricketer Aakash Chopra
Rishabh Pant "let the team down" with his "irresponsible" shot on the third day of the 2ndTest in Johannesburg against South Africa, said the former India cricketer.
- "It Was For My Father": Mohammed Shami On "Emotional Celebration" For 200th Test Wicket
Mohammed Shami, in an interview with bowling coach Paras Mhambrey after the third day's play said the celebration was for his father. Shami lost his father in 2017. The fast bowler dedicated his 200th Test wicket to his father.
- MS Dhoni's team lacked killer instinct in South Africa: Sunil Gavaskar
Former India batsman Sunil Gavaskar says the culture of gaining first innings lead in domestic cricket does not encourage Indian sides to go for outright wins after batting well in the first innings.
- I would've strangled South African groundsmen for being too kind to India: Geoffrey Boycott
Criticising the pitch curators for the Tests, former England Test player Geoffrey Boycott is surprised that hosts South Africa failed to whitewash India in the recently concluded two-match series.
- I think the overall series was fantastic, says MS Dhoni
India's inexperienced top order proved competitive under a barrage of hostile bowling on green-top wickets alien to condition in India, providing much more resistance than pre-tour predictions had forecast.
- Jacques Kallis retires in 12th position in ICC Test rankings
Jacques Kallis became the 31st batsman and fourth from South Africa to score a century in his final Test match.
- Cheteshwar Pujara, Ravichandran Ashwin maintain positions in ICC Test rankings
Both Cheteshwar Pujara and Ravichandran Ashwin were placed in seventh position in the ICC Test batsmen and bowlers rankings respectively. Jacques Kallis ended his career at 12th spot in the batting rankings.
- Jacques Kallis is a 'true champion' of the game, tweets Sachin Tendulkar
Jacques Kallis retired from Test cricket at the end of the Durban Test on Monday. Kallis signed off with his 45th Test century as South Africa beat India 1-0 in the two-match series. Sachin Tendulkar had retired on November 16.
- Series win vs India a fitting tribute to Jacques Kallis: Graeme Smith
The 10-wicket win at Kingsmead, in Jacques Kallis' final Test match, clinched the two-match series for South Africa after the first Test in Johannesburg was drawn. It also confirmed South Africa's ranking as the world's number one Test team and increased their gap over second-ranked India.
- It's the right time to retire from Test cricket, says Jacques Kallis
Jacques Kallis said the decision to quit from Test cricket was his own though he consulted his team-mates.
- Super Jacques Kallis helped South Africa reaffirm its No. 1 status, says Protea Board
Jacques Kallis got the perfect farewell as South Africa threshed India by 10 wickets in Durban to win the two-test series 1-0.
- MS Dhoni rues bad decisions, but is happy with team's performance
South Africa chased down a small target of 58 without losing a wicket after India were all out for 223 in their second innings in the post-lunch session.
- Fantastic performance by team but could have done better: MS Dhoni
The opening session was indeed vital and India got off to the worst start possible when Dale Steyn got key batsman Virat Kohli in the very first ball of the day. But the delivery had come off his shoulders and he was given out wrongly, bringing the question of DRS back into focus.
- South Africa series has been a great learning curve, says MS Dhoni
India lost the final Test and the series vs South Africa but MS Dhoni's side has had a good run of form overall this year, ending with six wins, one draw and one loss in the eight matches they have played.
- No tears, super-hero Jacques Kallis just says 'Thank you'
Jacques Kallis was as modest on his final day as a Test cricketer as he has always been - through centuries, wickets, records and praises.
- India vs South Africa: Ajinkya Rahane first Indian to hit two fifties in same Test at Kingsmead
Ajinkya Rahane (51 not out & 96) became the first Indian player to record a fifty in each innings of a Test match at Kingsmead, Durban.
- India vs South Africa: Dale Steyn completes fifty Test wickets in 2013
Dale Steyn has captured 50 wickets or more in a calendar year three times in Tests - the first two instances being 74 (ave.20.01) in 13 Tests in 2008 and 60 (ave.21.41) in 11 Tests in 2010.
- South Africa extend lead as No.1 Test side in ICC rankings
The 1-0 series win has helped South Africa gain two ratings points to finish on 133, while India have conceded two ratings points to end at 117.