Champions League Twenty20 2013 News
- Troubled Jesse Ryder eyes Black Caps return
Ryder, who has endured a tumultuous year that included a drugs ban and a near-fatal beating, aims to return to the New Zealand side for upcoming home series against the West Indies and India.
- Sachin Tendulkar's No. 10 Mumbai Indians shirt to 'retire'
Team owners say this is their way to pay tribute to Sachin Tendulkar, who has announced his retirement from Test cricket.
- Sachin Tendulkar should retire with his bat held high: Sourav Ganguly
The former India skipper says there is too much speculation about Sachin's retirement, which is putting pressure on him and hopes the Master Blaster should leave the game only after playing a match-wining knock.
- Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid my best students, says Sunil Gavaskar
Sunil Gavaskar says he won't dare pick the better player and that instead of comparing the two legends, one must see how they have combined to dominate cricket.
- Rahul Dravid's message: Stay vigilant, be sharp, to keep IPL clean
He won't be seen on the cricket field as a cricketer any more but Dravid, who now plans to take a holiday, says that keeping the sport clean will need constant monitoring.
- CLT20 final: How Harbhajan Singh shone despite lack of practice
Harbhajan Singh's 17th over against Rajasthan Royals was crucial in helping Mumbai Indians claim the Champions League T20 title for the second time.
- I want to cherish memories of playing with Royals: Rahul Dravid to NDTV
Despite challenges on and off the field, Rahul Dravid tells NDTV that being part of the franchise for three years was spectacular and that he will always fondly remember playing his final competitive cricket for the franchise.
- CLT20: Sachin Tendulkar can carry on for long, says Dinesh Karthik
Fittingly for the occasion, Mumbai Indians won the Champions League T2O beating Rajasthan Royal here Sunday night. It was the last competitive match for another India great Rahul Dravid.
- CLT20: Harbhajan Singh brought us back into the game, says Rohit Sharma
Rajasthan went from 117 for 1 to 169 all out in the space of seven overs, and the man to make the big difference was Harbhajan Singh, who got the wickets of Shane Watson, Rahane, Stuart Binny and Kevon Cooper.
- Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid bid goodbye, Twitter overflows with emotion
Mumbai Indians beat Rajasthan Royals to be crowned the 2013 CLT20 champions, but the result was dwarfed by the outpouring of sentiment towards Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid.
- CLT20: Ready to open innings in all three formats, says Rohit Sharma
A freak injury just before the Nagpur Test in 2010 had delayed Rohit Sharma's Test debut but with the West Indies tour round the corner, he would be hoping to finally get to play the traditional format.
- Shane Watson in line for Rajasthan Royals' captaincy, Rahul Dravid may return as mentor
Chief coach Paddy Upton said that the franchise would like to involve Dravid in the team's affairs, and that Shane Watson was his pick to replace Dravid as captain.
- CLT20 final stats: Mumbai Indians' Harbhajan Singh reserved his best for the last
India offspinner Harbhajan Singh turned out to be the hero for the Mumbai Indians in the final of the Champions League 2013 by picking up four wickets against the Rajasthan Royals in a winning cause on Sunday.
- CLT20: Emotional Rahul Dravid thanks players, supporters for warm farewell
Rajasthan Royals skipper Rahul Dravid says that Mumbai Indians off-spinner Harbhajan Singh's three-wicket burst in the 17th over turned the Champions League Twenty20 final on its head and his side lost the plot after that.
- CLT20: Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid given guard of honour in final
Rajasthan Royals players offered the ceremonial salute to their skipper Dravid as they entered the field after electing to field while Sachin Tendulkar was given the guard of honour after being bowled by Shane Watson for 15.
- CLT20: I have been inspired by Sachin Tendulkar's exploits, says Rahul Dravid
Tendulkar's final T20 act and Dravid's last hurrah in competitive cricket were the talking points at the Feroz Shah Kotla as the two legends got together though in the colours of Mumbai Indians and Rajasthan Royals.
- Late blitz gives Mumbai Indians IPL-CLT20 double
The packed house at Feroz Shah Kotla on Sunday (October 6) evening was treated to some serious hitting. In the end, however, the all-star Mumbai batting line-up had more firepower than their Rajasthan counterparts and sealed a 33-run win.
- CLT20: As it happened - Mumbai Indians win the title for the second time
Mumbai Indians become the winners of the 2013 Champions League Twenty20 after beating Rajasthan Royals at Feroz Shah Kotla in Delhi.