Asia Cup, 2022 News
- "Going Into A World Cup...": Mahela Jayawardena Opens Up On Babar Azam's Recent Struggles
Mahela Jayawardena came out in support of Babar and stated that Pakistan should not put unnecessary pressure on the skipper, as it would affect his performance in the upcoming World Cup.
- Virat Kohli 207 Runs Away From Surpassing Rahul Dravid To Achieve Big India Record
Virat Kohli is just 207 runs away from surpassing India head coach Rahul Dravid to become the second highest run-getter across all formats for India
- "I Wasn't As Intelligent": Shaun Tait's Assessment Of Pakistan's Teenage Pace Sensation
Pakistan men's team bowling coach Shaun Tait said he is very impressed with Naseem Shah's progress
- UK Police Appeal For Calm As India-Pakistan Post-Match Disorder Spills Over
The UK police are calling for calm after clashes between fans following an India-Pakistan Asia Cup cricket match at the end of last month spilled over into "serious disorder" on Saturday and the early hours of Sunday in the city of Leicester in eastern England
- "No Way...": Matthew Hayden On Why This Star Should Not Open For India In T20Is
Kohli scored 122* against Afghanistan while opening the batting in a Super 4 match. That innings has led many to ponder on whether the superstar should continue in that position.
- Ex-Pakistan Captain Salman Butt's Stern Take On Shahid Afridi's "PCB Hasn't Done Anything" For Shaheen Comment
Notably, Shaheen toured with the team for the ODI series against Netherlands. He was then ruled out of the Asia Cup, but accompanied the team, as a part of his rehab, for the tournament.
- Over 66% Fans Feel Flawed Team Selection Led To Asia Cup Disaster: Survey
Popular daily Malayala Manorama had conducted an online poll on India's Dubai debacle where they failed to reach the Asia Cup final after losing to Pakistan and Sri Lanka in the Super 4 stage
- "Could Have Been Other Way Around": Ravi Bishnoi On Arshdeep Singh's Dropped Catch vs Pakistan
Arshdeep Singh dropped a crucial catch in India's Asia Cup defeat to Pakistan off Ravi Bishnoi's bowling, but the spinner backed his teammate and said it could "happen to the best".
- "Just Gives Right Balance": On Virat Kohli's Batting Position At T20 World Cup, Ex-India Wicketkeeper Suggests Big Change
After facing question marks over his form, Virat Kohli roared back to form in 2022 Asia Cup with two half-centuries and a ton.
- Watch: Yuzvendra Chahal Posts Romantic Video With Wife Dhanashree Verma
Yuzvendra Chahal posted a romantic video with wife Dhanashree Verma along with the caption: "My strongest woman is my strength."
- Watch: Rohit Sharma, Dinesh Karthik Goof Around With Spider-Cam
The recently concluded Asia Cup, which saw Sri Lanka as the crowned champions, did not turn out in the favor of Team India but the players took some time out have some fun with the spider-camera present in the ground
- "These Two Are Not Going To Win You Tournaments": Ex-Pakistan Star Criticises Babar Azam, Mohammad Rizwan
The Pakistan cricket team enjoyed a great run in the Asia Cup until they were defeated in the final by Sri Lanka.
- Asia Cup 2022: From 'Underdogs' To Asian Champions - The Story Of Sri Lanka's Emergence
Asia Cup 2022: Sri Lanka suffered a disappointing loss to Afghanistan in the tournament opener but they eventually went on to win the title by beating Pakistan in the final.
- Virat Kohli Makes Big Move In T20I Rankings After Asia Cup Fireworks
Virat Kohli scored his first international century in almost three years and scored an impressive 276 runs at the Asia Cup. He improved a total of 14 spots to 15th overall on the T20I batter rankings due to his efforts.
- "Some Retire Only Once": Amit Mishra Reacts To Shahid Afridi's Advice For Virat Kohli
Former India spinner Amit Mishra had a sharp reaction to Shahid Afridi's retirement advice for Virat Kohli.
- "Arshdeep Has Struggled A Lot": Elated Parents Of Pacer After T20 World Cup Squad Selection
Arshdeep is currently one of the most economical bowlers of India, who is known for stopping the run-flow in death overs. But, he also had to face a lot of criticism when he dropped a relatively easy catch of Asif Ali, during the Asia Cup Super 4 clash against Pakistan
- "Something He Wants To Do": Rohan Gavaskar On Virat Kohli's Batting Position In T20 World Cup
In the Asia Cup Super 4 match against Afghanistan, Virat Kohli registered his first T20I ton and it was his 71st international century
- Arshdeep "Could Not Sleep" After Asia Cup Match vs Pakistan, Coach Reveals
Arshdeep Singh, who made his international debut in the T20I against England this year, has played 11 matches and scalped 14 wickets so far