The Ashes 2019 News
- On This Day Last Year, Ben Stokes Scored His Epic Ashes Century
England all-rounder Ben Stokes played an unbeaten knock of 135 runs in an innings comprising of 11 boundaries and 8 sixes, to guide his team to a one-wicket win over Australia.
- Tim Paine Sees "Very Exciting Era" After Australia Retain Ashes
The series was drawn 2-2, with Australia keeping the urn as the Ashes holders despite losing the last Test at the Oval by 135 runs.
- Steve Smith's Technique Would Just Be Accepted If He Was Indian, Says Coach
Steve Smith's formative coach criticised Australia's alleged aversion to unconventional batting styles.
- Ashes 2019: Tim Paine, Peter Siddle Played With Injuries In Fifth Test
Australia skipper Tim Paine has now revealed that he and Peter Siddle suffered injuries during the final match but kept playing, bearing the pain.
- Ashes 2019: David Warner Let Stuart Broad "Get Into His Head": Justin Langer
David Warner had a horrendous Ashes 2019 with Stuart Broad dismissing him seven times during the series.
- Steve Smith, Jack Leach Play Down "Spectacles" Controversy After Ashes Draw
Steve Smith was castigated by the English media and fans for supposedly "mocking" Jack Leach by wearing spectacles during the Australian celebrations after they won the 4th Test and retained the Ashes.
- Ashes 2019: Steve Smith, Records And Milestones
Steve Smith's peerless run in the Ashes 2019 not only turned the English fans' boos into standing ovation but helped him achieve many records and milestones.
- ICC Test Rankings: Steve Smith, Pat Cummins Continue To Dominate After Ashes Heroics
Steve Smith ended the Ashes series with a tally of 774 runs while Pat Cummins picked up 29 wickets in the series
- "Desperate" Joe Root Plots Ashes Success Down Under After Series Draw
England's victory in the 5th Ashes Test meant the series finished in a draw for the first time since 1972, although holders Australia retain the urn.
- England Beat Australia In Fifth Test To Square Ashes Series
Steve Smith, who scored an astonishing 774 runs in just seven innings, was out for a score of less than fifty for the first time in the series.
- "Bat Is Mightier Than Sandpaper": Steve Smith Departs To Standing Ovation From English Fans. Watch
Steve Smith's peerless performance in the Ashes 2019 changed the England fans' boos into standing ovation.
- England vs Australia 5th Test Day 4 Highlights, Ashes 2019: England Beat Australia By 135 Runs To Draw Series
ENG vs AUS 5th Test Day 4 Highlights, Ashes 2019: England beat Australia by 135 runs in the fifth and the final Ashes Test to level the series 2-2.
- "Freak" Steve Smith Takes Incredible One-Handed Catch To Dismiss Chris Woakes. Watch Video
Tim Paine described Steve Smith as a "freak" after he took a stunning diving slip catch late on to see the back of Chris Woakes.
- Ashes 5th Test: England In Control As Australia Wilt On Day 3
England are aiming to restore pride in the final Ashes Test even though Australia have already retained the urn.
- England Vs Australia 5th Test Day 3 Highlights, Ashes 2019: England Lead Australia By 382 Runs At Stumps On Day 3
ENG vs AUS 5th Test Day 3 Highlights, Ashes 2019: Rory Burns was the first wicket to fall on Day 3.
- "He Got Me": Jonny Bairstow's Fake Fielding Trick Works Like A Charm On Steve Smith. Watch Video
Jonny Bairstow gave Steve Smith a mighty scare when the Australian was scampering to complete a run.
- Steve Smith Unfazed By Burden Of Australia Run-Scoring
Steve Smith again shouldered the run-scoring burden for Australia on Friday, scoring 80 at the Oval -- his lowest total of a sensational Ashes series.
- Ashes 5th Test: Jofra Archer Claims Six Wickets As England Take Charge On Day 2
Jofra Archer took six wickets as England bowled Australia out for 225 to gain the upper hand on Friday despite another Steve Smith masterclass.