England vs Australia 5th Test Day 4 Highlights, Ashes 2019: England Beat Australia By 135 Runs To Draw Series
ENG vs AUS 5th Test Day 4 Highlights, Ashes 2019: England beat Australia by 135 runs in the fifth and the final Ashes Test to level the series 2-2.
Stuart Broad and Jack Leach picked up four wickets apiece, helping England beat Australia by 135 runs in the fifth and the final match and level the series 2-2. Apart from Matthew Wade none of the Australia batsmen could pose challenges to the English bowlers. Wade scored his 4th Test century in the process. Australia talisman Steve Smith failed for the first time in the series and that proved costly for the team. Earlier, chasing 399 runs to win, Australia got off to a poor start as Stuart Broad dismissed both Marcus Harris and David Warner cheaply. Harris was the first one to depart as Broad sent his off-stump rolling in the air when he was on 9. Warner got into the double-digits for the second time in this series but couldn't capitalise on the start and got out on 11 by edging one straight to the third slip. Warner became Broad's victim for the seventh time in the series. Before lunch, the biggest wicket for the visitors was the departure of Marnus Labuschagne, their most consistent batsman after Smith, who got out after he failed to recover his crease in time and wicket-keeper Jonny Bairstow clipped the bails in a flash. (Scorecard)
5th Test, The Ashes, 2019, Sep 12, 2019
Ashes 2019 5th Test Day 4 Match, Highlights Between England vs Australia, Straight From Kennington Oval, London.
- 22:43 (IST)England win by 135 runs!Josh Hazlewood flicks the ball off his pads but finds Joe Root stationed at midwicket who takes a superb catch to bowl Australia out for 263, thus winning the match by 135 runs. With this win, hosts level the five-Test series 2-2.
- 22:32 (IST)Root gets Wade! England inch close to victory!Joe Root gets rid of dangerous Matthew Wade. He charged down the pitch, missed the line and Jonny Bairstow does the rest for England. He departed for 117. England need two wickets to win the match and level the series.
- 22:20 (IST)Wade given out... decision overturned!Joe Root bowls yorker, Matthew Wade tries to hit it on the full, ball goes straight to the slip fielder, umpire Dharmasena is convinced and raises his finger. Wade decides to review it after discussing with the non-striker. The replay shows no contact between the bat and the ball as the bat hit the ground and the on-field umpire has to reverse his initial decision.
- 22:14 (IST)
- 21:19 (IST)The banter continues!Jofra Archer continues to bowl at full pace. He is going close to Wade after every ball and giving hi looks. Wade gets off the strikes with a single and the two players exchange a few words. This banter has probably charged Archer up and he just bowled the fastest ball of the match at 148kmph.
- 21:14 (IST)Leach removes Australia skipper!Jack Leach removes Australian skipper Tim Paine and breaks the partnership. Umpire Dharmasena took long to raise his finger but in the end his decision was right as replay showed three-reds. With that Paine's Ashes 2019 comes to an end. Australia lose their review.