Ind vs SL, 2014-15 News
- Virat Kohli Falls Out of Top-10, Ravichandran Ashwin Now 8th in ICC Test Rankings
While Virat Kohli took a hit in batsman's ranking for the five-day format, Ravichandran Ashwin's strong show in Sri Lanka has helped him climb a spot in the Test rankings for bowlers.
- Rohit Sharma's Record 264 Will Be Tough to Surpass, Says Brian Lara
Rohit Sharma stunned the cricketing world with his monster score against Sri Lanka last week, smashing the previous record of 219 held by fellow Indian Virender Sehwag.
- Sanath Jayasuriya Takes Blame for Sri Lanka's Defeats in India
Asked to fill in for West Indies, the Sri Lankan team failed to fight in the five ODIs against hosts India. Chief selector Sanath Jayasuriya is left devastated after the recent performances.
- India Series Bitter-Sweet for Sri Lanka Captain Angelo Mathews
India routed Sri Lanka 5-0. Ironically, Angelo Mathews, with 339 runs, including a hundred and two fifties, was the top run-scorer in the series.
- India Rout of Sri Lanka a Bad Dream, Says Sanath Jayasuriya
India swept Sri Lanka off their feet in the five-match ODI series. Lankan chief selector Sanath Jayasuriya is bitterly disappointed with the lackluster display by Angelo Mathews' team.
- India vs Sri Lanka: Virat Kohli Lauds Axar Patel for All-Round Show
Axar Patel's emergence as an all-rounder in India's just-concluded ODI series against Sri Lanka means that Ravichandran Ashwin is no more an automatic choice for the only spinner's slot.
- India vs Sri Lanka: Angelo Mathews Determined to Flush Out Disappointment
Angelo Mathews hit his maiden ODI century but Sri Lanka failed to avoid a humiliating whitewash against India.
- India Score a Century of Wins Across Formats vs Sri Lanka
India whitewashed Sri Lanka in the five-match ODI series that ended with a three-wicket win in Ranchi on Sunday.
- Virat Kohli Lauds Team India for Positive, Aggressive Attitude
Stand-in India captain Virat Kohli said the biggest takeaway from the hurriedly-arranged series against Sri Lanka has been the positive and aggressive attitude that his team displayed all through. India crushed Sri Lanka 5-0 completing the formalities with a three-wicket triumph in the final match of the ODI series on Sunday night.
- India vs Sri Lanka: Virat Kohli Says he was "Worried and Annoyed" With his Batsmen
Virat Kohli's unbeaten 139 powered India to a three-wicket win vs Sri Lanka in the fifth and final ODI vs Sri Lanka to complete a 5-0 series whitewash.
- India Consolidate No. 1 ODI Ranking With Series Whitewash vs Sri Lanka
India completed a five-nil series whitewash vs Sri Lanka in Ranchi on Sunday. India are now on 117 rating points, two clear of second-placed South Africa.
- Virat Kohli Slams 21st ODI Hundred in India's Triumph Against Sri Lanka
Virat Kohli (139 not out) led from the front as India completed a 5-0 series whitewash over Sri Lanka in Ranchi on Sunday.
- India Whitewash Sri Lanka: Angelo Mathews Stands Tall Amid Ruins
Although India whitewashed Sri Lanka, captain Angelo Mathews stood apart from his fellow players and hit a fiery 139* - becoming the highest ODI scorer this year - and took two wickets to set an example.
- Virat Kohli's Unbeaten 139 Helps India Defeat Sri Lanka and Complete 5-0 Rout
Virat Kohli's century helped him become the second-highest ODI scorer this year. The knock also helped India defeat Sri Lanka by three wickets in the fifth and final ODI of the series.
- As it Happened - India vs Sri Lanka, 5th ODI at Ranchi
Catch all the highlights of the fifth ODI between India and Sri Lanka in Ranchi.
- India vs Sri Lanka: Bowling Biggest Concern Going Into World Cup, Says Lahiru Thirimanne
Sri Lanka have been hammered in all four ODIs and their bowling has suffered at the hands of the Indian batsmen.
- India vs Sri Lanka: MS Dhoni's Absence Drives Fans Away From Ranchi ODI
Despite the match being held on a Sunday, the swanky JSCA International Stadium Complex would remain empty in MS Dhoni's absence, according to the host association.