Aus vs Ind, 2014-15 News
- Glenn Maxwell Powers Australia to Tri-Series Win
Glenn Maxwell scored 95 and returned with figures of 4/46 to help Australia beat England by 112 runs to clinch the tri-series.
- Australians Were in my Face and it Brought the Best out of Me: Lokesh Rahul
India's latest Test sensation Lokesh Rahul spoke to NDTV about his eventful debut series in Australia, his dreams for the future and his hope for India in the World Cup.
- Flat Australian Pitches Made me Feel Like Bowling Machine: Ryan Harris
Ryan Harris has called for pacer friendly pitches during the World Cup after having to bowl on flat pitches in the Test series against India.
- India Need to Monitor Their Top Bowlers Closely: Anil Kumble
Former captain Anil Kumble said India have quality bowlers but the team management has to assess the progress of their top 20 bowlers each season.
- Rahul Dravid Backs Virat Kohli as Long-Term Test Captain
Rahul Dravid said that the BCCI can keep faith in Virat Kohli, who captained India in two Tests in Australia, as he can lead the team and also perform individually.
- What Really Fired Virat Kohli in Australia?
Virat Kohli backed his war of words against the Australians with a ton of runs in the four-Test series. Being the prime 'target' of the hosts made him even more determined to score big.
- India Should Stick With Their Bunch of Bowlers: Damien Fleming
Indian bowling in the four Tests Down Under was largely ineffective bu former Aussie cricketer Damien Fleming feels the bowlers can learn from their experienced ans get better.
- Virat Kohli Rises in Test Rankings; India Slip to Seventh
India captain Virat Kohli has gained three places to be 12th in the batsmen standings after amassing 692 runs in the eight innings Down Under.
- India in Australia: Flat Sydney Track Stuns Steve Smith, Virat Kohli
While most of the tracks in the four Tests between Australia and India were on the slower side, the Sydney pitch has been admonished specifically by the two captains for being flat.
- India vs Australia: Sunil Gavaskar Hails Virat Kohli's Batting as Extraordinary
Virat Kohli scored 692 runs in the four Tests against Australia which included four hundreds and one fifty. His personal best was 169 in Boxing Day Test in Melbourne.
- India Should Look for a Fresh Set of Bowlers: Sunil Gavaskar
Sunil Gavaskar was scathing in his criticism of the Indian bowlers, saying "Overseas they have, over the last 3 years, done nothing for India's cause."
- Can India Become A Test Batting Super Power?
There are many positives for India in the batting department, but can India's batting be an all conquering super power?
- India vs Australia: Murali Vijay Betters Virender Sehwag Record
Murali Vijay's 482 runs in the four-match Test series is a record by an Indian opener in a series in Australia, bettering Virender Sehwag's 464 in 2003-04.
- India in Australia: Pitches Did Not Break up as Much as Expected, Says Steve Smith
After winning the first two Tests in Adelaide and Brisbane, Australia could have had better results in the remaining matches, but they failed to grab 20 wickets each time, thus settling for a 2-0 series victory.
- India in Australia: Twists and Turns of a Battle of Attrition
India's Test tour of Australia came to an end with an engaging final day at the Sydney Cricket Ground on Saturday. After a few twists and turns, Australia settled for a draw at Sydney and clinched the series 2-0.
- Virat Kohli Wants Big Improvement in Bowling Department
While Virat Kohli heaped praise on his teammates for a gritty fight against Australia in the Tests, the Indian captain feels the team needs its bowlers to claim 20 wickets repeatedly overseas.
- Virat Kohli Proud of Team India's Fight vs Australia
Virat Kohli believes Team India achieved the objective of playing hard cricket even if the final scoreline