World Cup 2011 News
- Sachin Tendulkar Hit Me And Said "Tujhe Kishore Kumar Bana Dunga": Virender Sehwag Recounts Epic Tale
Having idolised him as a youngster, former India batter Virender Sehwag formed an excellent opening partnership with the legendary Sachin Tendulkar.
- Watch: On This Day - Yuvraj Singh Tames Australia For India's First Win
On this day in 2011, Yuvraj Singh's all-round heroics saw India beat Australia in the quarterfinals of the ODI World Cup in Ahmedabad
- MS Dhoni's World Cup Final Bat Entered The Guinness Book Of World Records In 2011. Here's Why
MS Dhoni captained India to victory in the 2011 ODI World Cup, hitting the winning six. The bat used by the former captain in the final later on became the most expensive bat in the world, and was sold during a charity auction.
- Waking Up To See MS Dhoni's Shaved Head After 2011 World Cup Victory Surprised All Of Us: Team India Manager
Ranjib Biswal, who was Team India's manager during the 2011 ODI World Cup revealed that everyone was surprised to see MS Dhoni's shaved head in the morning after the title victory.
- "Moment Of A Lifetime": Virender Sehwag, Yuvraj Singh Remember India's 2011 World Cup Triumph
On the 10th anniversary of India's 2011 ODI World Cup victory, Virender Sehwag and Yuvraj Singh took to Twitter to remember the special day.
- Sri Lanka Minister Offers To Provide ICC Evidence Showing 2011 World Cup Final Was Fixed
Sri Lanka's former sports minister said Saturday he has offered more evidence to cricket's world governing body that he says shows the 2011 World Cup was fixed.
- Suresh Raina, Yuvraj Singh Relive Moments From 2011 World Cup Victory
India lifted the World Cup trophy in 2011, after a gap of 28 years, when they beat Sri Lanka in the final at the Wankhede Stadium on April 2 that year.
- Yuvraj Singh: Career Highlights And Statistics
Yuvraj Singh, who announced his retirement in Mumbai on Monday, as played 402 international matches in his 19-year career.
- Gautam Gambhir, Ashish Nehra Rubbish Arjuna Ranatunga's Allegations
India had won the World Cup after 28 years by beating Sri Lanka in the final.
- Michael Clarke Powers Through Wet Training Session in Sydney
Michael Clarke must be fit and available for selection for Australia's second World Cup group stage clash against Bangladesh February 21 or he will be replaced in the 15-man squad for the remainder of the tournament.
- ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 Teams & Squads
Teams are required to name a 30-man provisional squad before finalising a 15-strong squad for the competition by 7 January.
- World Cup, Not Tests vs Australia, on Team India's Mind: Stuart Clark
India have rested captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni for the first Test in Australia next month. Former Australia bowler Stuart Clarke believes the team is focusing on the World Cup and the ODI format as success here would be most remembered and not in Tests Down Under.
- World Cup to World Cup, Yuvraj Singh Keeps Fighting 'U-Turns'
He admits he may never play for India again but Yuvraj Singh says giving up is not an option. Player of the tournament in the 2011 World Cup, his life turned upside down when he was detected with cancer. He fought it successfully and emerged on a high but now faces an uphill battle once again - this time to make it to the team for the World Cup in 2015.
- World Cup 2015 tickets to go on sale next year
The organisers are expecting more than a million people to attend matches and more than a billion to watch on television.
- Aamir Khan dedicates 'Dhoom Machale' song to Sachin Tendulkar
Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan says Sachin Tendulkar is the embodiment of the collective pride of India and his retirement will create a void for all his admirers.
- Mumbai Cricket Association scraps panel report on unsold 2011 ICC World Cup final tickets
Outgoing president Ravi Savant, who chaired the AGM, accepted Pawar's view and said the report will be scrapped.
- Sachin Tendulkar should have quit after World Cup triumph: Vinod Kambli
Vinod Kambli says his childhood friend has always been passionate about cricket but Sachin Tendulkar in recent years was not the player he had grown up watching and playing with.
- Michael Clarke, Brendon McCullum laud Afghanistan for 2015 World Cup qualification
Michael Clarke, whose side beat Afghanistan by 66 runs in the only ODI between the two sides to date in August 2012, was delighted for the Associate team. Afghanistan will play its first-ever match in the ICC Cricket World Cup when it will face Bangladesh on 18 February, 2015 in Canberra.