The Ashes 2015 News
- Rod Marsh Sheds Light on 'Complacent' Australia's Failed Ashes Campaign
Chairman of selectors Rod Marsh admits Australia's huge win at the Lord's in the second Test had made Michael Clarke's men complacent and that led to their failure to win the Ashes in England once again.
- Ian Bell Not Ready to Retire Despite Poor Ashes
Ian Bell, who has 7,569 runs in 115 Tests, fared poorly in England's victorious Ashes campaign, scoring only 215 runs at an average of 26.87.
- Michael Clarke's Criticism of England Pitches Following Ashes Series Loss Misplaced: Trevor Bayliss
The current coach of the England cricket team, Trevor Bayliss, has stated that it was the Australian batsmen's insipid display which was responsible for the Ashes loss.
- Joe Root Cut From Same Cloth as Ricky Ponting: Jason Gillespie
Joe Root was the mainstay of the English middle-order during their 3-2 Ashes series win over Australia. The 24-year-old scored a couple of centuries during the series and briefly occupied the top spot in the ICC rankings -- an effort which earned him the man of the series award.
- Virat Kohli Falls Out of Top-10, Ravichandran Ashwin Now 8th in ICC Test Rankings
While Virat Kohli took a hit in batsman's ranking for the five-day format, Ravichandran Ashwin's strong show in Sri Lanka has helped him climb a spot in the Test rankings for bowlers.
- Ashes to Dashes as England and Australia Fail Test Exam
This Ashes 2015 equalled in length the shortest five-Test series of modern times of 18 days that took place when England played the West Indies in 2000.
- The Ashes: Ian Bell a Vital Member of England Team, Says Andrew Strauss
Former England captain and current ECB managing director Andrew Strauss has urged Ian Bell to continue his Test career.
- The Ashes: England Fined for Slow Over-Rate in Oval Defeat vs Australia
England were two overs short of the required over-rate in an innings-and-46-run loss against Australia in the last Test of the Ashes.
- The Ashes: Australia Coach Darren Lehmann Brushes Away Shane Warne Criticism
Australia coach Darren Lehmann has dismissed criticism from Shane Warne regarding the selection of Peter Siddle over Pat Cummins in the fifth and final Ashes Test.
- Ashes 2015 Success Can't Hide England's Flaws: Coach Trevor Bayliss
England lost the final Test to Australia but won the Ashes 2015 series 3-2.
- Michael Clarke on Par With Allan Border, Says Shane Warne
Michael Clarke ended his international career with 8,643 runs in 115 Tests, including 28 hundreds, going out on a high with a comprehensive innings and 46-run win in the fifth and final Ashes Test at The Oval on Sunday.
- The Ashes: Michael Clarke Gets The Win, Not The Urn
Michael Clarke's career came to a bittersweet end. He did get a win at the Oval, but he had to relinquish the Ashes urn.
- The Ashes: England Future Excites Alastair Cook
The Ashes ended on a disappointing note for England as Australia won the fifth and final Test by an innings and 46 runs on the fourth day at The Oval on Sunday but Alastair Cook felt there will be some good moments from his team in the future.
- The Ashes: Shane Warne Accuses Rodney Marsh of 'Panic'
Australia headed into the ongoing fifth and final Ashes Test at The Oval having already surrendered the Ashes at 3-1 down in a five-match series. Shane Warne had slammed the tourists for their team selection.
- The Ashes: Emotional Australia Crush England in Michael Clarke's Farewell Test
Michael Clarke ended his international career on a high when Australia defeated England by an innings and 46 runs at The Oval on Sunday.
- The Ashes: David Warner Hails England 'Respect' After Michael Clarke Honour Guard
As Michael Clarke walked out to bat he received a standing ovation from a packed crowd at the south London ground while the England players, led by captain Alastair Cook, formed a guard of honour as he approached the crease.
- The Ashes: Shane Warne Slams Australia's Team Selection for Oval Test
Australia have already lost the Ashes and their team selection for the final Test at the Oval didn't impress Shane Warne
- The Ashes: Protest at The Oval Over 'Big Three' Takeover
Dozens of demonstrators gathered outside The Oval at the start of the fifth Ashes Test to protest against the ICC for not administrating the game properly.