India vs Australia 2017 News
- India vs Australia 2017: Steve Smith's Men Face Rookies in Tour Opener
The Australians, led by Steve Smith, arrived here from Bangladesh after drawing a two-Test series and the match tomorrow would give them opportunity to at least switch to the One-day format. The reigning 50-over World Champions have struggled to counter spin and captain Steve Smith has admitted it will a big challenge for them to adapt to spin-friendly conditions.
- India vs Australia: Keeping Virat Kohli Quiet Would Be Key For Success, Says Steve Smith
Smith, who has eight ODI centuries, said he was not too concerned about the differences between him and the home captain but to be successful in this series, they will have to get Kohli out cheaply.
- India Squad Announced For First 3 ODIs Against Australia, Mohammed Shami, Umesh Yadav Return
Mohammed Shami and Umesh Yadav returned while Shardul Thakur was dropped from the 16-member squad
- India vs Australia Series Was The Best: Rohit Sharma
India defeated Australia 2-1 in the recently concluded four-Test series to reclaim the Border-Gavaskar Trophy.
- Ravichandran Ashwin's Derisive Shot At Brad Hodge's Apology To Virat Kohli Is Priceless
From this year onwards, March 30 will be remembered as 'World Apology Day,' R Ashwin tweeted.
- Don't Know If I Am Among The Couple Of Players Virat Kohli Was Hinting At: Steve Smith
Australia captain Steve Smith said on Thursday that he is not sure if Virat Kohli was hinting at him in his tweet but for him, the series is well and truly over.
- Virat Kohli Says Still Friends With Australians, Comments Misinterpreted
India captain Virat Kohli said that his comments about the end of his friendship with the Australian cricketers had been blown out of proportion.
- Indian Cricket Team Doesn't Share Virat Kohli's Stand, Says Darren Lehmann
Virat Kohli's 'no-longer-friends with Aussies' comments are only his opinion, feels the Australian coach.
- Australian Media Slams 'Classless' Virat Kohli
The Virat Kohli-led Indian cricket team defeated Australia 2-1 in the four-Test series to reclaim the Border-Gavaskar Trophy on Tuesday.
- Mark Taylor, Dean Jones Criticise Virat Kohli For Friendship Comments
Former Australia captain and opening batsman Mark Taylor criticised India captain Virat Kohli for his post-match comments on no longer being friends with the Australian side after a hard-fought series that ended with India reclaiming the Border-Gavaskar trophy.
- Steve Smith Not Temperamentally Sound To Be Australia Captain, Says Kerry O'Keeffe
Kerry O'Keeffe feels that Smith over-reacted too often during the lost Test series against India.
- Cricket Australia Applauds Steve Smith's Honesty, Team's Fight
Australia lost the four-match Test series 1-2 to India. Cricket Australia praised their team's performance despite the defeat.
- India vs Australia: 'Ajinkya Rahane Should Stay Captain,' Says Mitchell Johnson, In Jibe At Virat Kohli
Mitchell Johnson's remarks came in after India captain Virat Kohli said that Australian cricketers were no longer his friends
- After Tense Series, Steve Smith Offers Beer to Ajinkya Rahane, Indian Team
Smith, who apologised for letting emotions get the better of him throughout the series, also had a brief chat with India's stand-in captain Rahane after the game.
- India Lucky to Have a Stand-in Captain Like Ajinkya Rahane: Ian Chappell
Ajinkya Rahane performed the duties in his own quiet way, a contrast to the usually animated Virat Kohli on the field.
- India vs Australia: Players Get Hefty Cash Award for Winning Series
The BCCI on Tuesday announced a cash award of Rs 50 lakh each for the Indian cricket team after the hosts won the series 2-1 against Australia and reclaimed the Border-Gavaskar trophy.
- My Respect For Steve Smith Has Gone Higher: Sunil Gavaskar
Australia skipper Steve Smith had tendered an apology saying that 'the emotions got the better of him'.
- Team India Hold Series Trophies vs All Test-Playing Nations
India have now won the latest series against all Test-playing nations.