Champions League Twenty20 2011 News
- Zaheer Khan Unlikely to Play Champions League Twenty20
Mumbai Indians pacer Zaheer Khan had sustained a tendon injury in his bowling arm during the Indian Premier League earlier this year and he is unlikely to play in the Champions League Twenty20 after failing to recover fully.
- PCB and Faisalabad Cricket Association in dispute over disbursement of payments to players
According to a official of the Faisalabad association, the players of Faisalabad Wolves which went to India by virtue of being the national T20 champions were unhappy at only getting paid around 600,000 rupees each.
- Bombay High Court seeks clarity from BCCI, Srinivasan on conflict of interest
The Bombay High Court is seeking reply of a PIL on conflict of interest from the BCCI in the Indian Premier League and Champions League Twenty20.
- Mary Kom wants to inspire women with her 'Unbreakable' spirit
The Olympic bronze medallist MC Mary Kom wants other women to take inspiration from her book and overcome challenges to achieve their dreams in any sphere of their lives.
- Mary Kom is inspirational, honoured to unveil her autobiography: Amitabh Bachchan
Big B unveiled Olympic medal-winning boxer M.C. Mary Kom's autobiography, titled 'Unbreakable', in Mumbai.
- Sachin Tendulkar's dinner party: Bollywood celebs rub shoulders with cricketers
Amitabh Bachchan, Aamir Khan, Karan Johar, Yuvraj Singh, Virat Kohli and MS Dhoni were some of the big names at a private dinner party hosted by Sachin Tendulkar at a hotel in Andheri East on Monday.
- Sachin Tendulkar, Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan to light up Kolkata on Nov. 10
Sachin Tendulkar, who will play his 199th and penultimate Test match at Kolkata's Eden Gardens, will be part of a celebrity line-up in the City of Joy on November 10, the last day of the Test. West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has expressed her excitement in a Facebook post! Sachin, Big B, SRK to light up City of Joy on Nov. 10
- Felt my heart beat stop on hearing Sachin Tendulkar's retirement: Amitabh Bachchan
When asked about any of Sachin's innings that he vividly remembers, Bachchan said, "Whenever he (Sachin) plays it is all memorable, it is difficult to choose one." Yesterday, Tendulkar announced his decision to retire after his 200th match against the West Indies next month.
- Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid my best students, says Sunil Gavaskar
Sunil Gavaskar says he won't dare pick the better player and that instead of comparing the two legends, one must see how they have combined to dominate cricket.
- I want to cherish memories of playing with Royals: Rahul Dravid to NDTV
Despite challenges on and off the field, Rahul Dravid tells NDTV that being part of the franchise for three years was spectacular and that he will always fondly remember playing his final competitive cricket for the franchise.
- Mumbai's match-winners stole the game away: Perth coach Justin Langer
Langer said it was a good learning experience for his young side to play in the CLT20 in the sub-continent.
- CLT20: MS Dhoni is a role model for cricketers world over, says Chris Morris
Morris doffed his hat at Dhoni and talked about his leadership qualities that ultimately made India the world champions in one-day international cricket.
- Bookie arrested for betting on Champions League T20 match
Lakhpatraj Jain, from Jodhpur town was arrested at a hotel near here and Rs.40,000 in cash, a laptop and diaries and other documents seized from his possession.
- CLT20: Trinidad & Tobago beat Titans by six runs via D/L method in Ahmedabad
Sent into bat, Trinidad and Tobago posted a challenging 188 for six against Titans in the Group B match, riding on a 109-run partnership between opener Lewis and Bravo for the second wicket at the Sardar Patel Stadium.
- Determination, humility drive Rahul Dravid's Rajasthan Royals
Rajasthan Royals' Rahul Dravid wants to top CLT20 and play the business end of the tournament at home - a fortress where the team has been an unforgiving force.
- CLT20: Highveld Lions' Pak seamer Sohail Tanvir says team lacks experience
The Lions, with one loss and a game washed out, are placed second-last in the Group A table and Tanvir said his team was in a do-or-die situation now.
- MS Dhoni, Sakshi host CSK team for dinner at Ranchi residence
Dhoni's residence is a famous landmark in Ranchi. On Wednesday, CSK players found out why as fans lines up outside just as they reached the house for a dinner invite.
- CLT20: At 41, Pravin Tambe earns Rahul Dravid's sincere appreciation
Rajasthan Royals' Rahul Dravid and Perth's Brad Hodge were all praise for Pravin Tambe after the bowler claimed four for 15 to take his team to a comprehensive win.