US Open 2013 News
- Leander Paes reveals Martina Navratilova taught him healthy lifestyle
Paes and Navratilova together won two Grand Slam mixed doubles titles, besides finishing runners-up on two other occasions.
- A tired Rafael Nadal is ready for Davis Cup duty
Over the coming three days, Spain play Ukraine in the Davis Cup in Madrid's Caja Magica looking to ensure their continuation in the World Group after a surprising first round exit to Canada in February.
- Rafael Nadal just wants to enjoy his day after winning US Open title
Rafael Nadal now has eight French Opens, two Wimbledon, two US Open and an Australian title amongst his 60 career titles.
- Leander Paes' Grand Slam win no big deal for US media
India may be celebrating Leander Paes' feat of winning the US Open doubles title at 40 but the host nation mostly made use of flat reports to describe the feat.
- Emotional Rafael Nadal rules out calendar Grand Slam
Nadal completed a career Grand Slam in New York in 2010, but winning all four majors in the same year has only been achieved by Don Budge (1938) and Rod Laver (1962 and 1969).
- Taxman comes knocking for US Open champions
Both US star Williams and Nadal captured the top prize of $2.6 million for winning the year's final Grand Slam title on the New York hardcourts plus a $1 million bonus for having the most successful run in pre-US Open tournaments.
- Novak Djokovic vows US Open frustration to create motivation
Djokovic knows that the heartache of losing to the world number two again in a US Open final could be what motivates him to an incredible 2014 campaign.
- US Open: Rafael Nadal beats Novak Djokovic, wins men's singles title
Nadal has capped a year which has now seen him capture 10 titles and stretch his season winning record to 60 victories and just three losses.
- US Open final, Rafael Nadal beats Novak Djokovic, wins men's singles title - As it happened
Rafael Nadal beat the World No.1 6-2, 3-6, 6-4, 6-1 to claim his 2nd US Open crown and his 13th career Major.
- ATP faux pas: When Rafael Nadal won US Open 2013 without facing Novak Djokovic
It might just have been a glitch in the ATP software as the head-to-head section in the Rafael Nadal vs Novak Djokovic on its website showed the Spaniard as the winner of US Open 2013. Many, though, are already backing Nadal due to the supreme form that the man is in.
- Serena Williams 'excited' about Grand Slam possibilities
World number one Williams defeated second-ranked Victoria Azarenka of Belarus 7-5, 6-7 (6/8), 6-1 to defend her title and win her 17th career Grand Slam crown, as many as men's record-holder Roger Federer has collected.
- US Open: Tearful Victoria Azarenka vows to bury bleak Serena record
For the second year in succession, the 24-year-old world number two came up short in the US Open final against the veteran American, losing another three-setter in the longest women's final in more than 30 years.
- US Open: 'Naked' Nadal has Azarenka's support against Djokovic
She may have lost her title match to Serena Williams but Victoria Azarenka has quite a unique reason to support Rafael Nadal in the men's final match.
- US Open: Novak Djokovic braced for Rafael Nadal's ultimate challenge
Djokovic is playing in a fourth successive final in New York, fifth in total, and the 12th major championship of his career.
- US Open: Serena living the dream after 17th Grand Slam title
Serena turned her fantasy into reality by winning the 1999 US Open at age 17 and 14 years later, she has claimed her 17th Grand Slam crown and a fifth US Open title, beating second-ranked Victoria Azarenka.
- Serena Williams beats Azarenka to win fifth US Open title
Serena Williams became the oldest Open Era women's winner in US Open history, 293 days older than Margaret Court when she set the prior mark in 1973.
- Leander Paes, oldest man to win a Grand Slam, defies odds to US Open triumph
Leander Paes almost suffered a broken nose when a ball hit him in the face during their second round of US Open against Daniel Brands and Philipp Oswald.
- Leander Paes and Radek Stepanek seal maiden US Open men's doubles title
The fourth seeded Indo-Czech pair demolished the second seeded Austria-Brazilian pair 6-1 in 6-3 in one hour and 12 minutes at Arthur Ashe stadium.