The Ashes, 2021/22 News
- Ashes, Australia vs England, 1st Test, Day 2 Live Scores
Ashes, Aus vs Eng live score, 1st Test, Day 2: Australia openers David Warner and Marcus Harris will open the batting on Day 2 of Australia vs England first Test in Brisbane.
- Pat Cummins First In 39 Years To Achieve Noted Feat In Ashes
Pat Cummins became the first captain since England's Bob Willis to get a five-wicket haul in an Ashes Test in 1982.
- Michael Vaughan "Staggered" Not To See Stuart Broad In England's XI In First Ashes Test Against Australia
Former England captain Michael Vaughan said there was enough juice on the Gabba pitch, which Stuart Broad could have used to good effect.
- The Ashes, 1st Test: Mark Waugh "Shocked" As England Leave Out Stuart Broad, James Anderson
Former Australia cricketer Mark Waugh was "shocked" that England had left out star pacers James Anderson and Stuart Broad for the first Ashes Test on Wednesday.
- Pat Cummins Savours "Dream Start" To Australia Test Captaincy
Pat Cummins took five wickets in a scintillating start to his captaincy as Australia routed England for 147 on the opening day of the Ashes at the Gabba on Wednesday.
- England Trolled By Queensland Police After Batting Collapse At The Gabba
England were trolled on social media after a batting collapse on the opening day of the first Ashes Test against Australia in Brisbane.
- Australia Bowl England Out For 147 In Rain-Hit Opening Day Of The Ashes
England made a disastrous start to the Ashes Wednesday, all out for 147 on the stroke of tea after losing opener Rory Burns to the first ball of the series in Brisbane.
- "That's Why This Format Is Called Test": Pragyan Ojha Weighs In On Ashes Day 1
Former India bowler Pragyan Ojha took to social media platform Koo to offer his take after Australia bowled England out for 147 in the 1st Ashes Test.
- Watch: Pat Cummins Dismisses Ben Stokes In 1st Ashes Test To Claim First Wicket As Captain
The Ashes 2021-22: Pat Cummins, who is leading Australia for the first time in Tests, sent back England all-rounder Ben Stokes to claim his first wicket as captain.
- Australia vs England 1st Test: Mitchell Starc Repeats 85-year Old Feat To Enter Rarest Of Rare Ashes List
England also lost the wickets of Dawid Malan, Joe Root and Ben Stokes in the first session and went into lunch in day 1 at 59/4.
- Watch: Josh Hazlewood Dismisses Joe Root For A Duck In First Australia vs England Ashes Test
Australia vs England: Root has been dismissed several times in Test cricket by Hazlewood and the England captain finds it hard to get runs in Australia, unlike other countries where he has a great record.
- Watch: Electrifying Start To The Ashes As Mitchell Starc Clean Bowls Rory Burns On First Delivery Of Brisbane Test
Australia vs England: England's start to the first Ashes Test went from bad to worse as Josh Hazlewood picked up the wicket of number 3 Dawid Malan soon after. But the biggest shock came when the paceman sent back captain Root for a duck to leave England at 11/3.
- Australia vs England, The Ashes, 1st Test Day 1: Rain Brings Early Stumps After Pat Cummins Fifer Sees England Fold For 147
AUS vs ENG: Pat Cummins has taken a five-wicket haul in his first match as Australia's Test captain as England were bowled out for 147in the opening Ashes Test.
- The Ashes: Joe Root Is Going To Be Right Up There As Biggest Wicket, Says Skipper Pat Cummins
The Ashes: The battle between Joe Root and Pat Cummins, captains of their respective sides and the world's best batsmen and bowlers as per the current ICC Test rankings, will be the one to look-out for.
- No Bairstow, Anderson As England Name 12-Man Squad For 1st Ashes Test
On the eve of the first match of The Ashes 2021-22, visitors England named a 12-man squad for the opening Test at The Gabba in Brisbane against Australia.
- The Ashes 2021-2022: "Trust His Experience," Says Captain Joe Root On Ben Stokes' Impact
The Ashes: England Test captain Joe Root believes that the expectations are going to be huge from Ben Stokes and the team is going to bank on his experience when England will take on Australia in the first Ashes Test match in Brisbane.
- From Steve Smith To Ben Stokes: Five Players To Watch When The Ashes Begins
The first Test of Ashes 2021-22 between England and Australia starts at The Gabba in Brisbane on Wednesday. Here, are the five players who could be the match-winners in the Ashes.
- The Ashes: Australia Will Be "Tough Team To Beat": Pat Cummins' Warning To England
Pat Cummins warned England that an Australian side boasting some of "the all-time greats" will be tough to beat in the Ashes.