The Ashes, 2021/22 News
- "Hardest Pills I've Had To Swallow": Jofra Archer On Missing T20 World Cup And The Ashes
England pacer Jofra Archer has expressed regret at being unable to recover in time to play the 2021 T20 World Cup and the Ashes series in Australia.
- "Stupid" To Blame IPL For England's Ashes Debacle, Says Kevin Pietersen
Former captain and batting star Kevin Pietersen has said that it's "stupid" to blame the Indian Premier League for England's embarrassing 0-4 loss to Australia in the recently-concluded Ashes series.
- "Laughable" To Blame The Hundred For England's Ashes Defeat: Eoin Morgan
Ashes: Eoin Morgan defended The Hundred and stated that it wasn't to blame for England's 0-4 defeat vs Australia.
- ECB Launches Investigation Into Alleged Post-Ashes Drinking Session Involving Captain Joe Root, James Anderson
Joe Root and James Anderson were reportedly involved in a drinking session with some Australian players to mark the end of the Ashes 2021-22 series.
- "Can't See How He's Not Offered Another Contract": Ricky Ponting On Australia Head Coach Justin Langer
Former Australia skipper Ricky Ponting believes that Justin Langer has done everything possible and Cricket Australia has no other option but to renew the head coach's contract.
- Australia vs England, Ashes: Ricky Ponting Opens Up On Steve Smith's Poor Form
Australia vs England, Ashes: Ricky Ponting gave his backing to Steve Smith, who underperformed during his sides 4-0 win against England.
- Ashes Series "True Testament" To Unwavering Spirit Of International Cricket, Says Cricket Australia Chief Nick Hockley
Cricket Australia (CA) on Tuesday extended its thanks to the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB), the teams, coaches, match officials, host venues, governments, state associations, and the Australian public for the men's Ashes series over the past six weeks.
- "Am A Good Coach": Chris Silverwood Wants To Stay On As England Head Coach Despite Ashes Debacle
A day after England captain Joe Root said that he wants to continue as the Test skipper, head coach Chris Silverwood on Monday said that he would want to hold onto the job despite England's debacle in the Ashes.
- Cameron Green Credits Ricky Ponting's Advice For Improved Batting In 5th Ashes Test
Australia vs England, Ashes: After smashing 74 runs in the fifth Test, Cameron Green revealed that it was Ricky Ponting's advice that helped him improve his batting.
- "Want To Celebrate Diverse Culture": Pat Cummins On His Heartwarming Gesture For Usman Khawaja
Australia vs England, Ashes: Pat Cummins won the hearts of fans for his gesture towards Usman Khawaja during the trophy celebration.
- "We Are Trending In Right Direction": Usman Khawaja On Pat Cummins' Heartwarming Gesture For Him
Australia batter Usman Khawaja on Monday expressed gratitude following a heartwarming gesture by the home side after the Ashes series win.
- "Truly Fulfilled Childhood Dream Of Playing In Ashes": England's Sam Billings
Sam Billings had made his Test debut in the fifth and final Ashes Test which came to an end on Sunday.
- Watch: Pat Cummins' Heartwarming Gesture For Usman Khawaja During Ashes Trophy Celebration Goes Viral
Australia vs England: During the Ashes trophy celebration, Pat Cummins asked his teammates to delay spraying champagne bottles so that Usman Khawaja could join them.
- "Pretty special": Cameron Green After Australia Win Ashes 4-0
Green and Scott Boland took three wickets each in the second innings as Australia defeated England by 146 runs in the fifth Ashes Test here at the Blundstone Arena.
- Cameron Green Has Shown He "Belongs At This Level": Pat Cummins After Ashes Triumph
Australia Test skipper Pat Cummins on Sunday said that all-rounder Cameron Green has shown that he belongs at the international level. Cummins' remarks came after Australia defeated England by 146 runs in the fifth Ashes Test, winning the series 4-0.
- Ashes: "I Believe I Am Right Man" To Lead England In Tests, Says Joe Root
England Test skipper Joe Root on Sunday said that he believes he is the right man to lead the Three Lions in the longest format of the game.
- Ashes: "Have To Keep Learning To Get Better", Says Joe Root
England skipper Joe Root expressed disappointment after his side got thrashed by Australia by 146 runs in the fifth Ashes Testat the Blundstone Arena on Sunday.
- 5th Test: Australian Bowlers Destroy England Again To Win Ashes 4-0
5th Test: Australia's fast bowlers ran through the English batting line-up to claim a comprehensive 146-run win in the fifth and final Ashes Test at Hobart on Sunday, sealing a one-sided series 4-0.