Olympics 2020 News
- Winter Games: Beijing Flame To Be Lit In A Vacuum In Olympia
The Olympic flame will once again be lit in an empty stadium on Monday as it starts its truncated journey to Beijing for the Winter Games in February.
- In Talks With IOC For 2036 Olympics, Narendra Modi Stadium Best Venue: IOA Chief
IOA president Narinder Batra said that the organization is in talks with the IOC for a possible bid by India to host the 2036 summer games with Narendra Modi Stadium emerging as the best venue for an opening ceremony.
- "Klaus Sir Is Different": Tokyo Olympics Champion Neeraj Chopra Wants To Continue Training With Current Coach For Paris 2024
Tokyo Olympics champion Neeraj Chopra revealed why Klaus Bartonietz is different from other coaches and said that his training methods suit him.
- "Golf Was Neglected" In India For Long Time But Tokyo Olympics Has Increased Awareness: Kapil Dev
Kapil Dev feels that Aditi Ashok's performance in the recent Tokyo Olympics has increased India's awareness in golf.
- Viral Video: Neeraj Chopra Shadow Practices Javelin Throw Underwater
India's Tokyo 2020 gold medallist Neeraj Chopra was seen shadow practicing his javelin throwing skills underwater.
- Neeraj Chopra Should Get Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna Award, Says Bhaichung Bhutia
Former India football captain Bhaichung Bhutia said Tokyo Olympics gold medallist Neeraj Chopra deserves the Khel Ratna Award this year.
- Paralympic Bronze Medallist Sharad Kumar Diagnosed With Swelling In Heart
Tokyo 2020 Paralympics bronze medallist Sharad Kumar was diagnosed with swelling in the heart and was recently admitted at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences in Delhi.
- Olympic Flame Lighting In Greece Without Spectators Again
The Olympic flame for the 2020 Tokyo Games was also lit in a ceremony in Ancient Olympia without spectators because of fears over coronavirus.
- Abhinav Bindra Meets "India's Golden Man" Neeraj Chopra, Presents Him A Special Gift
2008 Olympics gold medallist Abhinav Bindra met Neeraj Chopra and presented him with a special gift.
- Sharad Kumar Among Four Para-Athletes Recommended For Khel Ratna; Avani Lekhara In Contention For Arjuna Award
The Paralympic Committee of India recommended the names of Sharad Kumar, Pramod Bhagat and two others for Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna Award while Sumit Antil and Avani Lekhara's names were recommended for Arjuna Award 2021.
- B Sample Confirms British Tokyo Olympics Silver Medallist CJ Ujah's Positive Doping Test
Team Great Britain's silver medal in the men's 4x100 metres relay at the Tokyo Olympics is almost certain to be stripped after the International Testing Agency confirmed that CJ Ujah's B sample has tested positive for banned substances.
- Tokyo Olympics Bronze "Just The Beginning" For India Hockey Team: Forward Shamsher Singh
Forward Shamsher Singh on Monday said winning the Olympic bronze medal was just ticking off one box in the new beginning for the Indian men's hockey team, which aspires to be the world number one side.
- AFI Sacks Long Jumper M Sreeshankar's Coach After Tokyo Olympics Debacle
The Athletics Federation of India (AFI) sacked long jumper M Sreeshankar's coach, S Murali, owing to the youngster's disappointing Tokyo Olympics performance.
- "Feels Quite Surreal": Avani Lekhara Satisfied After Winning Medals In Tokyo Paralympics
Tokyo Paralympics: Shooter Avani Lekhara expressed her happiness after winning gold and bronze medals at the Games.
- Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik Presents Cash Award To Paralympian Pramod Bhagat
Chief Minister of Odisha Naveen Patnaik felicitated world champion para shuttler Pramod Bhagat with a cash reward of Rs. 6 crore on Friday.
- "Can't Rest On Our Laurels": Two-Time Olympic Medallist Gurbux Singh To Men's Hockey Team
Two-time Olympics medallist Gurbux Singh praised India men's hockey team's performance in recently concluded Tokyo Olympics but said that the team have to start preparing for the next Olympics with an aim to do even better.
- Aiming To Win 25 Medals, Including 10 Gold, In 2024 Paralympics: PCI Secretary-General
During the felicitation ceremony for the Indian contingent participating at the Tokyo Paralympics, the PCI Secretary-General Gursharan Singh stated India will aim to win 25 medals in Paris 2024, including 10 gold.
- Tokyo Paralympics: Was An "Amazing Campaign" For Indian Contingent, Says Deputy Chef De Mission
Tokyo Paralympics: Team India's Deputy Chef de Mission Arhan Bagati hailed the athletes for their determination during the Games.