Olympics 2020 News
- Ex-Tokyo Olympics Official Held On Alleged Bid-Rigging: Local Media
Tokyo prosecutors declined to comment on the reports, but local media published photos of police raiding the home of Yasuo Mori, who ran test events for the pandemic-postponed Summer Games held in 2021.
- Tokyo Olympics Board Member Arrested Over Bribery Allegations
Haruyuki Takahashi, a Tokyo Olympics board member, allegedly received $380,000 from high-street business suit retailer Aoki Holdings, an official partner of last year's pandemic-delayed 2020 Games.
- FIH Favourite Match Of 2021: India vs Germany Tokyo Olympics Bronze Medal Match Achieves Third Place In Poll
FIH Favourite Match Of 2021: Indian hockey fans around the globe made their voices heard in large numbers as Manpreet Singh-led side's thrilling 5-4 win against Germany in the Tokyo Olympics bronze medal encounter.
- Honoured To Be Awarded Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna Award, Says Olympic Gold Medallist Neeraj Chopra
Tokyo 2020 Olympic gold medallist Neeraj Chopra said that he was honoured to be chosen for the prestigious Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna award.
- Winter Games: Beijing Flame To Be Lit In A Vacuum In Olympia
The Olympic flame will once again be lit in an empty stadium on Monday as it starts its truncated journey to Beijing for the Winter Games in February.
- In Talks With IOC For 2036 Olympics, Narendra Modi Stadium Best Venue: IOA Chief
IOA president Narinder Batra said that the organization is in talks with the IOC for a possible bid by India to host the 2036 summer games with Narendra Modi Stadium emerging as the best venue for an opening ceremony.
- "Klaus Sir Is Different": Tokyo Olympics Champion Neeraj Chopra Wants To Continue Training With Current Coach For Paris 2024
Tokyo Olympics champion Neeraj Chopra revealed why Klaus Bartonietz is different from other coaches and said that his training methods suit him.
- "Golf Was Neglected" In India For Long Time But Tokyo Olympics Has Increased Awareness: Kapil Dev
Kapil Dev feels that Aditi Ashok's performance in the recent Tokyo Olympics has increased India's awareness in golf.
- Viral Video: Neeraj Chopra Shadow Practices Javelin Throw Underwater
India's Tokyo 2020 gold medallist Neeraj Chopra was seen shadow practicing his javelin throwing skills underwater.
- Neeraj Chopra Should Get Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna Award, Says Bhaichung Bhutia
Former India football captain Bhaichung Bhutia said Tokyo Olympics gold medallist Neeraj Chopra deserves the Khel Ratna Award this year.
- Paralympic Bronze Medallist Sharad Kumar Diagnosed With Swelling In Heart
Tokyo 2020 Paralympics bronze medallist Sharad Kumar was diagnosed with swelling in the heart and was recently admitted at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences in Delhi.
- Olympic Flame Lighting In Greece Without Spectators Again
The Olympic flame for the 2020 Tokyo Games was also lit in a ceremony in Ancient Olympia without spectators because of fears over coronavirus.
- Abhinav Bindra Meets "India's Golden Man" Neeraj Chopra, Presents Him A Special Gift
2008 Olympics gold medallist Abhinav Bindra met Neeraj Chopra and presented him with a special gift.
- Sharad Kumar Among Four Para-Athletes Recommended For Khel Ratna; Avani Lekhara In Contention For Arjuna Award
The Paralympic Committee of India recommended the names of Sharad Kumar, Pramod Bhagat and two others for Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna Award while Sumit Antil and Avani Lekhara's names were recommended for Arjuna Award 2021.
- B Sample Confirms British Tokyo Olympics Silver Medallist CJ Ujah's Positive Doping Test
Team Great Britain's silver medal in the men's 4x100 metres relay at the Tokyo Olympics is almost certain to be stripped after the International Testing Agency confirmed that CJ Ujah's B sample has tested positive for banned substances.
- Tokyo Olympics Bronze "Just The Beginning" For India Hockey Team: Forward Shamsher Singh
Forward Shamsher Singh on Monday said winning the Olympic bronze medal was just ticking off one box in the new beginning for the Indian men's hockey team, which aspires to be the world number one side.
- AFI Sacks Long Jumper M Sreeshankar's Coach After Tokyo Olympics Debacle
The Athletics Federation of India (AFI) sacked long jumper M Sreeshankar's coach, S Murali, owing to the youngster's disappointing Tokyo Olympics performance.
- "Feels Quite Surreal": Avani Lekhara Satisfied After Winning Medals In Tokyo Paralympics
Tokyo Paralympics: Shooter Avani Lekhara expressed her happiness after winning gold and bronze medals at the Games.