Olympics 2020 News
- Tokyo Games: Naomi Osaka "Disappointed" After Painful Home Defeat In Olympics
Tokyo Games: Naomi Osaka, who lit the Olympic cauldron and was one of the faces of the Games, struggled in an error-strewn display that blew the draw wide open after the earlier exits of world number one Ashleigh Barty and third seed Aryna Sabalenka.
- Tokyo Games: Hawaiian Surfer Carissa Moore Wins Historic Olympic Gold
Tokyo Games: Carissa Moore beat Bianca Buitendag in the final to become surfing's first women's Olympic champion.
- Tokyo Games: Moroccan Boxer Youness Baalla Tries To Bite Opponent In Olympics Defeat
Tokyo Games: Footage showed Moroccan boxer Youness Baalla trying to bite David Nyika's right ear as the two boxers held each other.
- Tokyo Olympics: Manika Batra Refusing National Coach's Help Is Act Of Indiscipline, Says Table Tennis Federation Of India
Tokyo Olympics: Table tennis player Manika Batra's decision to not take help of national coach Soumyadeep Roy during her matches at Olympics has been termed as an "act of indiscipline" by the Table Tennis Federation of India.
- Tokyo Games: Simone Biles Says "Mental Health" Concerns Led To Olympic Final Withdrawal
Tokyo Games: Simone Biles exited the final, midway through her event at the Ariake Gymnastics Centre. She was replaced by another teammate.
- Tokyo Games: Vinesh Phogat Misses Flight For Olympics After Overstaying EU Visa, To Reach On Wednesday, Says Report
Tokyo Games: Wrestler Vinesh Phogat is seen as a gold medal contender in the 53kg women's freestyle category and is the top seed.
- Tokyo Olympics: Wins In Hockey, Boxing Highlights For India But No End To Shooting Disappointment
Tokyo Olympics: Indian men's hockey team defeated Spain 3-0 in their Pool A match while veteran paddler Sharath Kamal went down fighting to Ma Long in a mixed day for Team India.
- "A Future Olympian?": Watch This Kid Show Off His Skateboarding Skills
Tokyo Games: With skateboarding taking place for the first time in the quadrennial competition, the official Twitter handle of the Olympics shared an adorable video of a boy showing off his skills.
- Tokyo Olympics: Mirabai Chanu Breaks Down On Meeting Mother After Returning Home In Imphal
Tokyo Olympics: India's Olympic silver-medallist Mirabai Chanu broke down on meeting her mother after returning to Imphal on Tuesday. She had arrived in Delhi from Tokyo on Monday.
- Tokyo Olympics: Star US Gymnast Simone Biles Withdraws From Women's Team Final
Gymnastics superstar Simone Biles was replaced in the US team after starting Tuesday's Olympic women's team final.
- Tokyo Olympics: Bottom-Placed India Take On Defending Champions Great Britain In Women's Hockey
After losing the first two games, Indian women's hockey team will look to create and grab chances in the third game against Great Britain.
- Tokyo Olympics: Australian Swimming Coach Apologises For Mask-Tearing Antics
Coach Dean Boxall flipped out after his swimmer Ariarne Titmus clinched gold in the 400m freestyle ahead of fierce American rival Katie Ledecky.
- Tokyo Olympics: Overhaul Of Coaching Staff On Cards After Poor Display By Shooters, Says NRAI Chief
National Rifle Association of India (NRAI) President Raninder Singh Sodhi on Tuesday said he is deliberating on overhauling the coaching staff as shooters have not been able to perform on expected lines at the ongoing Tokyo Olympics.
- Tokyo Olympics: Weightlifter Hidilyn Diaz Of Philippines Hailed For Historic Gold
Tokyo Olympics: Weightlifter Hidilyn Diaz of Philippines was hailed after securing country's first Olympic gold medal as she smashed her personal best with final clean and jerk of 127kg in the women's 55kg category.
- Tokyo 2020: Brazil's Italo Ferreira Wins First Ever Olympic Surfing Gold
Tokyo 2020: Surfing made its Olympic debut and Brazil's Italo Ferreira beat Japan's Kanoa Igarashi to claim the first gold medal in the discipline.
- Tokyo Olympics: Boxer Lovlina Borgohain Defeats Nadine Apetz Of Germany To Enter Quarters
Tokyo Olympics: Indian boxer Lovlina Borgohain (69kg) reached the quarter-finals of the women's welterweight (69-75kg) category after defeating Nadine Apetz of Germany in the Round of 16.
- Tropical Storm Nears Japan, Disrupting Tokyo Olympics
A tropical storm churned towards Japan and the Olympic Games on Tuesday, whipping up welcome waves for surfing medal hopefuls but disrupting other events with rain and strong winds.
- Tokyo Olympics: Britain's Tom Dean Comes Back From Covid To Win Freestyle Gold
Tokyo Olympics: Britain's Tom Dean came back from two bouts of Covid to claim Olympic gold in the 200m freestyle in Tokyo.