Olympics 2020 News
- Paralympic Bronze Medallist Sharad Kumar Diagnosed With Swelling In Heart
Tokyo 2020 Paralympics bronze medallist Sharad Kumar was diagnosed with swelling in the heart and was recently admitted at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences in Delhi.
- Sharad Kumar Among Four Para-Athletes Recommended For Khel Ratna; Avani Lekhara In Contention For Arjuna Award
The Paralympic Committee of India recommended the names of Sharad Kumar, Pramod Bhagat and two others for Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna Award while Sumit Antil and Avani Lekhara's names were recommended for Arjuna Award 2021.
- "Feels Quite Surreal": Avani Lekhara Satisfied After Winning Medals In Tokyo Paralympics
Tokyo Paralympics: Shooter Avani Lekhara expressed her happiness after winning gold and bronze medals at the Games.
- Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik Presents Cash Award To Paralympian Pramod Bhagat
Chief Minister of Odisha Naveen Patnaik felicitated world champion para shuttler Pramod Bhagat with a cash reward of Rs. 6 crore on Friday.
- Aiming To Win 25 Medals, Including 10 Gold, In 2024 Paralympics: PCI Secretary-General
During the felicitation ceremony for the Indian contingent participating at the Tokyo Paralympics, the PCI Secretary-General Gursharan Singh stated India will aim to win 25 medals in Paris 2024, including 10 gold.
- Tokyo Paralympics: Was An "Amazing Campaign" For Indian Contingent, Says Deputy Chef De Mission
Tokyo Paralympics: Team India's Deputy Chef de Mission Arhan Bagati hailed the athletes for their determination during the Games.
- PM Modi Hosts India's Paralympic Contingent After Best-Ever Campaign
Prime Minister Narendra Modi hosted India's Paralympic contingent at his residence in New Delhi and they presented him with an autographed stole.
- Sports Minister Anurag Thakur Felicitates Tokyo Paralympics Medal Winners
Sports Minister Anurag Thakur felicitated the 17 medal-winners from the Tokyo Paralympics on Wednesday.
- "No Greater Feeling": Suhas Yathiraj To NDTV On Winning Tokyo Paralympics Silver
Tokyo Paralympics silver medallist and Noida District Magistrate Suhas Yathiraj spoke to NDTV about his journey and what it meant to be on the podium at the Games.
- Tokyo Paralympics: India's History-Making Paralympians Return To Rousing Reception
India's para athletes including double Paralympic medallist Avani Lekhara and gold medallists Pramod Bhagat and Krishna Nagar among others returned home to a rousing reception.
- Tokyo Paralympics: Anju Bobby George Lauds Indian Contingent's "Tremendous Effort"
Tokyo Paralympics: Olympian Anju Bobby George has lauded India's "tremendous effort" at Tokyo Paralympics after the contingent registered its best-ever medal haul (19).
- Tokyo Olympics, Paralympics "Historic And Memorable" For Indian Athletes: Anurag Thakur
Anurag Thakur took to Twitter to hail Japan for being a gracious host at the Tokyo Olympics, Paralympics.
- "Couldn't Have Been Better Gift On Teacher's Day": India Badminton Coach After Four Paralympic Medals
Tokyo Paralympics: Overwhelmed by the performance of para-badminton players, who won four medals, national badminton coach Gaurav Khanna said there could not have been a better Teachers' Day gift for him.
- "Every Member A Champion": PM Narendra Modi Hails India's Tokyo Paralympics Performance
PM Narendra Modi on Sunday hailed the Indian contingent at the Tokyo Paralympics after the country recorded its best ever performance at the Games.
- Tokyo Paralympics 2020 Closing Ceremony Highlights: Games Declared Closed In Tokyo
Tokyo Paralympics Closing Ceremony Highlights: Shooter Avani Lekhara was India's flag bearer as the Games finally came to an end.
- Tokyo Paralympics: PM Modi To Host Indian Contingent, Says Sports Minister Anurag Thakur
Sports Minister Anurag Thakur said that Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be hosting the Indian contingent to the Tokyo Paralympics just like he hosted Olympians.
- Krishna Nagar Dedicates Tokyo Paralympics Badminton Gold To His Parents
Tokyo Paralympics: Krishna Nagar defeated Hong Kong's Chu Man Kai in the final of men's badminton singles SH6 event to win India's fifth gold medal at the 2020 Games.
- List Of Indian Medallists At Tokyo Paralympics
India finished with a total of 19 medals with five gold, eight silver and six bronze medals at the Tokyo Paralympics.