West Indies vs India 2011 News
- Angry India May Scrap 2016 West Indies Tour
West Indies abandoned India tour with another one-dayer, a Twenty20 international and three test matches left to play over a protracted payment dispute between the players and their board.
- National Cricket Academy physio told me that I need some time to get fit: Manoj Tiwary
Manoj Tiwary was named as a 17th member in the squad, won't be available for Bengal's quarterfinal against Railways from January 8-12.
- 1st Test: Kirk Edwards, Darren Bravo fifties take West Indies to 168/2 after follow-on vs New Zealand
Tim Southee and Trent Boult combined to take seven wickets as New Zealand dismissed the West Indies for 213 at the University Oval in reply to their first innings of 609-9 declared. Kirk Edwards scored 59 while Darren Bravo was unbeaten on 72 at stumps.
- Virat Kohli out for 99, misses hat-trick of tons at Vizag
Batting on 99, India's run-machine Virat Kohli went for a hook against Ravi Rampaul and was sharply caught by Jason Holder at fine-leg resulting in dead silence at the Dr. Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy ACA-VDCA cricket stadium.
- After 'Sachine', Eden Gardens welcomes Mr Anjali
After misspelling Sachin Tendulkar's name in a giant billboard a day earlier, Eden officials were left red-faced once again while greeting his wife Anjali.
- Harbhajan Singh gears up for "long spell" against East Zone in Duleep Trophy semis
Harbhajan, whose last longest format game was second Test against Australia in Hyderabad last March, is happy to play whatever match is coming his way.
- India A vs West Indies A: Permaul, Miller put visitors on top, Indians hope for miracle
West Indies A spinners Veerasammy Permaul and Nikita Miller bundled India A batsmen out for 245 in their first innings while Kraigg Brathwaite and Kieran Powell ensured that the hosts remain under the pump going into the last day of the first unofficial Test.
- India A vs West Indies A: Yuvraj Singh, Yusuf Pathan fail as Windies win by 55 runs, level series
A brilliant 133 by Jonathan Carter and a four-wicket haul by Miguel Cummins helped West Indies A script a comprehensive victory after Yuvraj Singh was among several India A batsmen to squander good starts.
- Kieran Powell to lead West Indies A in one-dayers on India tour
Powell, the opening batsman with 15 Tests and 19 One-Day Internationals to his name, is making his way back from injury after missing the Champions Trophy and the home series against Pakistan. However, he played in the recently-concluded Caribbean Premier League (CPL).
- Manoj Tiwary to miss Ranji season, ready for tough rehab programme
Manoj Tiwary has played eight ODIs and three T20 Internationals apart from 65 first-class matches.
- Manoj Tiwary returns home after successful knee surgery
Tiwary went to London earlier this month for his surgery by British orthopaedic surgeon and knee specialist Dr Andrew Williams, who had worked with the likes of Andrew Flintoff, Shoaib Akhtar, and more recently Cheteshwar Pujara.
- Manoj Tiwary set to leave for England on Sunday for knee surgery
The Bengal skipper has been ruled out for about six months as he is set to miss out on the initial stages of the Ranji Trophy.
- Manoj Tiwary ties the knot with girlfriend Sushmita Roy
Manoj Tiwary reportedly met Sushmita about six years ago through a common friend. The duo was spotted partying during the New Year's Eve.
- Marlon Samuels named West Indies' Cricketer of the Year
Samuels was also named West Indies' ODI Player of the Year for his performances in the year 2012 when he scored 482 runs at an average of 32.13 with two centuries.
- Manoj Tiwary's injury woes continue, out for 4 months
Manoj Tiwary's career has been hit by injuries repeatedly. This time, the batsman suffered a knee injury while training in Kolkata.
- IPL 6: Kallis, Narine give Kolkata Knight Riders 5-wicket win vs Bangalore
KKR's Sunil Narine grabbed the purple cap in process with amazing figures of 4/22. All other bowlers - L Balaji (2/22), Jacques Kallis (2/17) and Sachithra Senanayake (1/17)
- IPL 2013: Manoj Tiwary out for a week, Shukla misses rest of KKR's season
The team management on Friday confirmed that Tiwary would not be travelling with their side for their back-to-back away matches in Chennai tomorrow and Raipur (vs Delhi Daredevils) on May 1.
- IPL 2013: We have to take some pressure off Gautam Gambhir, says Manvinder Bisla
Kallis and Morgan, who shared partnerships of 66 and 72 runs with him, respectively, helped Bisla along in his effort. "Kallis is a strong sportsperson. He was desperate to play and contribute. That's why he is one of the legends of the game," said Bisla, the awe in his voice palpable.