ICC World Twenty20 2014 News
- World Twenty20: Shashank Manohar Assures Pakistan Team Full Security
India are scheduled to play Pakistan during the World Twenty20 on March 19 in Dharamsala.
- Ravi Shastri, Duncan Fletcher Should Stay With Team India Till 2015: VVS Laxman
The Indian team management did a complete overhaul of the support staff after the team's 3-1 loss against England in the Test matches. With Shastri incharge, former India pacer Bharat Arun, ex-India all-rounder Sanjay Bangar and R Sridhar also took charge after the ouster of bowling coach Joe Dawes and fielding consultant Trevor Penney.
- East Bengal crowned Kolkata League champions for a record 35th time
East Bengal dominated the game and it was pretty one-sided. After missing some early chances the home team went ahead through James Moga who tapped in a Lobo assist in the 23rd minute. In the second half Chidi Edeh, who replaced Moga, converted a cross from Mama to make it 2-0 after 76 minutes.
- Petroleum Sports Promotion Board men and women in national table tennis finals
All semi-finals never rose to any dizzy height with a similar 3-0 score line as PSPB men defeated Gujarat while their women accounted for Airports Authority of India. North Bengal women blanked out West Bengal and West Bengal men followed suit to win over Haryana.
- Jacques Kallis not among probables for ICC T20 World Cup; Has Cricket South Africa missed a trick?
Jacques Kallis, who has scored 2,276 runs and picked 61 wickets in 90 matches across six seasons in the Indian Premier League, has not been named among 30-man probables for the ICC World T20 2014. Kallis has vast experience and is better-equipped in sub-continent conditions than a majority of the players named by the selectors.
- Kolkata, Ranchi on stand-by to host ICC World T20 2014: sources
Political unrest in Bangladesh may force the ICC World Twenty20 to be shifted to India. Arch-rivals India and Pakistan are scheduled to play the tournament opener on March 21 at Mirpur.
- Pakistan may withdraw from Asia Cup, World Twenty20 in Bangladesh, says cricket chief
Pakistan Cricket Board's acting chairman Najam Sethi said that Pakistan could ask for special security for its players in Bangladesh.
- Pakistan likely to pull out of Asia Cup, World Twenty20 in Bangladesh due to security issues
Pakistan Cricket Board has raised concerns over the growing anti-Pakistan sentiments in Bangladesh and says it will wait until January to take any decision.
- Moin Khan likely to be named Pakistan interim coach for Asia Cup, World Twenty20
Former Pakistan wicketkeeper Moin Khan is believed to take over as head coach for a short period after Dav Whatmore's contract expires in February.
- Bangladesh sweat as unrest threatens ICC Twenty20 World Cup
The 16-team competition, due to take place between March 16 and April 6, should be the biggest sporting event ever staged by Bangladesh. But the country has been gripped by violent protests in recent weeks.
- West Indies pull Under-19 team out of Bangladesh after bomb blast
A bomb explosion in the port city of Chittagong sparked fears over the squad's safety and security.
- Nepal's T20 heroes get huge welcome at home
Nepal qualified for the World T20 which will be held in Bangladesh from Match 16 to April 6 2014. This was the players' first public appearance since they surprised everybody by clinching a spot in the tournament.
- ICC monitoring violence in Bangladesh ahead of World T20
An ICC official said there would be a 'continual review' of planning for the March-April tournament in view of the turmoil that has left dozens of people dead in street protests around the country. This is the first time that Bangladesh are hosting the tournament.
- Ireland beat Afghanistan in final to retain ICC World T20 Qualifiers title
Paul Stirling and veteran Trent Johnston starred for Ireland as Afghanistan were bowled out for 157, chasing a mammoth 225 for a win in Abu Dhabi.
- Ireland sets up third consecutive World Twenty20 Qualifier final against Afghanistan
Defending champions Ireland defeated the United Arab Emirates (UAE) by 62 runs in the second semi-final at Zayed Cricket Stadium in Abu Dhabi.
- Afghanistan through to the final of World Twenty20 Qualifier
An all-round performance by man of the match Samiullah Shenwari saw Afghanistan chase down a modest 90-run target inside 15 overs, with Samiullah bagging three wickets and then scoring 24 not out.
- Ireland, Afghanistan qualify for 2014 ICC World Twenty20
Ireland downed Hong Kong by 85 runs for its seventh successive victory while Afghanistan defeated Kenya by 34 runs that gave the Asia side its sixth win in seven matches.
- ICC World Twenty20 2014: India to open campaign against Pakistan at Mirpur
India are placed in the Group 2 alongside Pakistan, West Indies, Australia and Group A Qualifier 1.