CWG, 2014 News
- Jitu Rai Says he Feels 'Shameful' About Asking for Promotion
Jitu Rai has been in the form of his life, bagging two golds in three months in two multi-sporting events, but he flatly refused to talk about promotion.
- CWG Silver Medallist Boxer Sarita Devi To Quit After Olympics 2016
Sarita Devi, who recently became a mother,
- After Medals Galore in CWG 2014, National Rifle Association of India Benefit From Government Grants
In the 2012 London Olympics, pistol shooter Vijay Kumar won the gold medal and rifleman Gagan Narang bagged the silver. Indian shooters also won 17 medals, including three gold medals, in last month's Commonwealth Games.
- Mo Farah Missed Commonwealth Games 2014 After Bathroom Collapse
Mo Farah had originally withdrawn from the England team for the Commonwealth Games citing a lack of fitness after suffering from illness in the wake of his disappointing eighth-placed finish on his marathon debut in London in April.
- Shooter Jitu Rai Targets Gold in World Championship, Asian Games
Jitu Rai won gold in 50 metre pistol event in the recently-concluded Commonwealth Games in Glasgow.
- Sports Ministry Set to Implement Welfare Schemes for Sportspersons
The Ministry of Youth and Sports Affairs has set monthly pensions of former Olympians and national players, who have made their mark in international events.
- Haryana Government Awards Empty Envelopes to 2014 Commonwealth Games Para-Athletes
A faux pas by officials of the sports department has shown the Bhupinder Singh Hooda government in Haryana in poor light.
- Syringes Found in Indian Athletes' 2014 Commonwealth Games Rooms, No Evidence of Doping: Report
Injections were found in rooms occupied by some of the Indian athletes during Commonwealth Games in Glasgow.
- Despite CWG Glory for Indian Women Wrestlers, Coach Mahavir Phogat Overlooked for Dronacharya Award
The Dronacharya Award selection committee, headed by Ajit Pal Singh, that met in New Delhi on Monday nominated greco-roman wrestling coach Mahavir Prasad, G. Manoharan (boxing), Jose Jacob (rowing), N. Lingappa (athletics) and Gurcharan Singh Gogi (judo) for the prestigious awards.
- Commonwealth Games: Indian Olympic Association Orders Probe Into Glasgow Scandal
Indian Olympic Association has ordered an inquiry into charges of drunken driving and sexual assault against its secretary Rajeev Mehta and wrestling referee Virender Malik.
- No Recognition in Sight, CWG Gold Medallist Jitu Rai Mulls Migration From UP
Even after winning three World Cup medals in nine days in June this year besides the recent Commonwelath Games 2014 gold, Jitu Rai remains an anonymous figure in Lucknow and has got little due in the last 8 years of his stay in the city.
- Disappointed to Miss Out on Commonwealth Games 2014 Gold: PV Sindhu
Indian shuttler PV Sindhu hopes to learn from her mistakes which she committed in the Commonwealth Games 2014 in Glasgow and wants to put up much-improved performances in the World Championship in Copenhagen, starting later this month and the Incheon Asian Games to be held from September 19 to October 4.
- Winning Gold is Dream Come True, Says Dipika Pallikal
Commonwealth Games 2014 gold medallist Dipika Pallikal said that the CWG was like Olympics for squash players as the game does not feature in the Olympic sports.
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Gold Medallist Amit Kumar Calls for Physios, Doctors During Tournaments
Amit Kumar, who won a gold in 57 kg freestyle wrestling for India, said that Indian athletes won their share of medals with just the help of their coaches while other teams had physios, doctors and masseurs accompanying them.
- India Could Have Won Gold if Facilities Were Better, Says Commonwealth Games Silver Medallist Sushila Devi
Sushila Devi stressed on the need to participate in more international events and increase the number of national competitions for improving performance.
- Commonwealth Games: Wrestling Federation of India Reinstates Referee Virender Malik
Charges of sexual assault against referee Virender Malik were dropped due to lack of evidence.
- Parupalli Kashyap eyes medals at World Championship & Asian Games After CWG Gold
Parupalli Kashyap says he always sets short-term goals and that his Commonwealth Games gold medal has inspired him to achieve more glory.
- Commonwealth Games: An Unheralded Gym That Lifted the Fate of Three Glasgow Champions
Hercules Gym in Kurundwad, Kolhapur District, produced three medal winners in the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow.