Commonwealth Games 2010 News
- CWG 2018: India Under Scanner As CGF Begins Probe On Syringe Controversy
The Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF) on Monday summoned an unidentified national association, believed to be India, for a meeting with its medical commission following the discovery of syringes at the Gold Coast Games Village.
- Commonwealth Games 2018: Sakshi Malik Aims To Add Another Medal To Her Cabinet
Sakshi Malik was the first Indian woman wrestler to win an Olympic medal.
- Sushil Kumar's Name Added To CWG 2018 Entry List After Initially Being Omitted
Sushil Kumar's name, which was missing from the official website of the CWG 2018, has now been added to the entry list of wrestlers.
- Commonwealth Games 2018: Glasgow Gold Medallist Rifle Shooter Apurvi Chandela Hopeful Of A Repeat
Apurvi Chandela has two ISSF World Cup medals to her name. She won silver at the World Cup final in Munich in 2015 and then clinched a bronze at Changwon, also in 2015.
- CWG 2018: Group Of Indians Claiming To Be Journalists Covering Games Arrested, Say Reports
The group was detained as 'imposters' and one man has been charged with people smuggling and falsifying documents.
- Indian Contingent Arrives At Gold Coast For Commonwealth Games
The contingent includes 58 coaches, 7 managers, 17 doctors and physiotherapists and 22 other officials (104 non-athletes in all).
- CWG 2018: HIL Confidence Will Help India Crack Aussie Code, Says Zafar Iqbal
Zafar Iqbal pointed out that Australia would be the toughest team to get through, especially on their home turf.
- Commonwealth Games 2018: Javelin Star Neeraj Chopra Frontrunner To Win Medal
Debutant Neeraj Chopra is one of a handful of Indian track or field athletes who has a realistic chance of a podium finish.
- Sports ministry remains firm, no Khel Ratna for Krishna Poonia
The decision puts to rest all speculation that the minister had asked the awards committee to reconsider its recommendation in favour of shooter Ronjan Sodhi for the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna and consider, instead or along with, athlete Krishna Poonia for the award.
- Mouma, Soumyajit win mixed doubles silver at Commonwealth TT; six medals assured
India also won a silver and bronze in the team championships which ended on Wednesday. With a day left in the tournament, India has won nine medals, surpassing the last edition's tally of seven.
- Sharath Kamal says Commonwealth table-tennis a good opportunity to recover from bad form
The Commonwealth Championships have been a happy hunting ground for Sharath. He bagged an individual gold in the 2004 edition, followed by a victory in the men's doubles competition along with Subhajit Saha in 2009.
- Is Pinki Pramanik a man? Test on Monday
Asian Games gold medallist athlete Pinki Pramanik, accused of being a male and held for alleged rape, will on Monday undergo gender determination test at a West Bengal government hospital, police said on Saturday.
- Striving hard for a podium finish in London: Krishna Poonia
India's Commonwealth Games gold medalist Krishna Poonia has set herself a target of 65 metres in the discus throw to make a podium finish at the 2012 London Olympics. For that she has to outdo her life's best (63.69 metre) to be in the league with top contenders from Germany, Cuba and China.
- CWG graft: High Court notice to CWG accused
The Delhi High Court issued notice to Anil Kumar Madan and Purushottam Dev Arya, the two promoters of Faridabad-based Gem International who are accused in a CWG-related corruption case, on a plea challenging a trial court order granting them bail.
- Seven Indian athletes banned for a year for doping
Seven top Indian athletes, including Asian Games double gold-medallist Ashwini Akkunji, were on Friday handed bans for flunking dope tests earlier this year, virtually ending their chances of participating in the London Olympics next year.
- Rahul Poonia punches to a silver
India's hopes of bagging a boxing gold medal at the 2011 Youth Commonwealth Games were dashed when Rahul Poonia lost his final bout to settle for a silver in the event in Singapore.
- 'B' samples of Akkunji, Pawar test positive
The 'B' sample of athletes Ashwini Akkunji and Priyanka Pawar have also tested positive for banned anabolic steroids.
- Dope Shame: Another CWG, Asiad gold winner tests positive
The doping scandal that has hit Indian sports refuses to die, with two more female athletes now testing positive for an anabolic steroid.