India vs West Indies, 2014-15 News
- WICB Task Force Armed With Mandate, Given One Month to Report
This comes as the Windies board attempts to accelerate the search for a solution to the latest crisis that has rocked West Indies cricket and resulted in major international fallout
- Desmond Haynes Wants End to WICB, Players Spat
West Indies legend Desmond Haynes said that the stakeholders needed to stop the 'blame game' and get the matter resolved as quickly as possible.
- West Indies Cricket Will Survive, BCCI Won't Be Severe on Us, Says Brian Lara
West Indies legend Brian Lara feels the Board of Control for Cricket in India will not be so severe to expect WICB to pay upto USD 42 million for their team's pullout of the Indian tour.
- Don't Want to Talk About India Tour: Darren Sammy
All-rounder Darren Sammy was part of the West Indies squad which abandoned the India tour after the fourth ODI last month.
- West Indies Cricket Impasse Ends: Reports
West Indies Cricket Board and its players are believed have have found a solution to the payment and contract disputes following meetings over the weekend.
- West Indies Cricket Board Seeks Politicians' Help Over India Demands
The Board of Control for Cricket in India has made demands of $42 million over West Indies' pullout of India tour.
- BCCI Demands Multi-Million Dollar Settlement From West Indies Cricket Board
Board Of Control For Cricket In India has told West Indies Cricket Board that its losses as a result of the abandoned one-day and Test tour had been estimated at Rs 258 Crore.
- West Indies Cricket Board Needs to Resolve Ties With BCCI on Priority, Says Andy Roberts
West Indies' dramatic pullout of the India tour soured the relations between the two nations. BCCI, miffed with the West Indies board for the pullout, even considered legal options and have already cancelled India's tour of West Indies scheduled in 2016.
- West Indies-India Like Family, Tour Should Have Gone On: Marlon Samuels
Marlon Samuels says he never agreed to a withdrawal from India tour. The Jamaican feels the decision will hurt India-West Indies relationship.
- West Indies Pullout of India Tour Humiliating, Says Former Jamaican Prime Minister
Former Jamaican Prime Minister P.J. Patterson blamed the West Indies Cricket Board for the cricket team's decision to quit the Indian tour amid pay disputes and said the cricket board had failed to engage the reform needed to streamline its governance of the game.
- Marlon Samuels Opts Out as West Indies Players Retain Lawyers for Legal Battle Ahead
The West Indies players prepare to tackle the contentious Collective Bargaining Agreement signed by West Indies Players' Association (WIPA).
- Dwayne Bravo, Marlon Samuels Spar Over West Indies Pullout of India Series
After Marlon Samuels said he wanted to continue, West Indies ODI skipper Dwayne Bravo hit back saying the decision to withdraw from the India series was a team decision.
- West Indies Fans Rally Behind Cricketers
While some say cutting short their India tour was a bit drastic and unprofessional, most West Indies' supporters feel their national players have been wronged by their cricket Board.
- West Indies Seek Talks With India After Legal Threat
Hours after the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) announced they would take legal action against the WICB and were suspending all planned tours of the Caribbean - moves that could have a devastating financial impact on the West Indies - officials gathered at a beachside hotel to deal with the fallout.
- West Indies in Trouble as India Suspend Future Tours
The mighty BCCI has decided to take legal action against the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) after the tourists abandoned the series over a protracted payment dispute between the players and their board.
- BCCI Suspends Tours With West Indies; to Take Legal Action Too
BCCI will take legal action against West Indies Cricket Board after its national team abandoned the India series with another one-dayer, a Twenty20 international and three Test matches left to play over a protracted payment dispute between the players and their board.
- West Indies Cricket Invites Applications for Post of Head Coach
The West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) website has put up job advertisements for Head Coach, Assistant Coach, Team Director and various other office posts, for which, incoming resumes are being continuously scanned.
- BCCI Working Committee to Meet on October 21 to Discuss West Indies Pullout
The West Indian players, who were persuaded to take the field for the fourth ODI against India in Dharamsala on October 17, conveyed their decision to call off the remaining part of the tour to the BCCI.