India vs Australia 2013 News
- Raipur may be awarded an ODI during India vs Australia series
Come September, Chattisgarh State Cricket Association will be completing five years as an 'Associate Member' of the BCCI which will automatically grant them 'Full Member' Status making the venue eligible for international status.
- Abdul Qadir criticizes turning pitches in India-Australia Tests
The master spinner was disappointed to see the quality of some of the pitches prepared in the series.
- Cricket Australia stands by national team management despite India debacle
According to Sydney Morning Herald, Arthur, in the job since November 2011, is under contract with CA until the end of the next World Cup, to be held in Australia in 2015, but is under pressure after presiding over the country's heaviest loss in a series in 34 years.
- Australia can become No. 1 in two years: Arthur
Australia's 0-4 drubbing in India was their worst result in the Indian subcontinent and the worst ever since losing 1-5 to England in the 1978-79 Ashes.
- Player suspensions galvanised Aussie team: Mickey Arthur
The South African said he had no regrets at axing the players for the third Test against India for not doing a homework assignment designed to identify team weaknesses.
- Mickey Arthur to continue as Australia coach
There has been speculation about Queensland coach Darren Lehmann being considered as a replacement for the South African, but according to the newspaper, the CA said it was not true.
- Sachin is different: BCCI president Srinivasan
With Tendulkar's form increasingly coming under the scanner after a string of low scores in Test matches at home, the BCCI boss feels any assessment on India's greatest cricketer will be unfair.
- Tendulkar, Dhoni, Kohli race at F1 track
MS Dhoni, who visited the BIC for the first time rued his delayed visit to the circuit.
- Australian players face media fury in the wake of debacle
Stand-in captain during the Delhi Test, Shane Watson was hit the hardest by the unforgiving Australian media after their 4-0 Test defeat in India.
- Young Team India ready to face the world now: Gavaskar
Little Master says Australia series has made men out of boys and Team India can afford to make some sacrifices ahead of South Africa tour.
- This defeat will shake up Australian cricket: Dean Jones
The cricket expert minced no words in his damning assessment of Australia's performance during their disastrous tour of India.
- Don't speculate on Sachin Tendulkar's career: Mahendra Singh Dhoni
The cricketing world was abuzz with rumours that the fourth Test in New Delhi would be last time Tendulkar would bat in a Test match on Indian soil.
- It will be a challenge for us to regroup: Shane Watson
Watson, who captained his side for the first time in Delhi, cited batting failures for the 4-0 defeat and did not spare himself from the blame.
- Has Sachin Tendulkar played his last international match in India?
Exactly a month from Sunday, Tendulkar will turn 40. There is little doubt that his reflexes have slowed in the last couple of years.
- Changes to our Test side helped in series win, says Mahendra Singh Dhoni
MS Dhoni credited the entire team for the victorious effort after a troubled couple of years for the team in Test cricket.
- Ravindra Jadeja, Ishant Sharma cautioned over 'wild celebrations'
After the send-off, Dar, who was standing at square leg, cautioned Jadeja. Dar called Tendulkar, who in return spoke to Jadeja.
- Statistical highlights: India vs Australia, Delhi Test Day 3
With a six-wicket win in Delhi, India completed a 4-0 whitewash of Australia, and have completed a hat-trick of home series wins against the Aussies.
- India complete clean sweep over Australia with historic win in Delhi Test
It was not exactly a clinical performance by Team India in Delhi but Cheteshwar Pujara, R Ashwin, Murali Vijay and Ravindra Jadeja ensured that the hosts stay ahead of the battered Aussies who themselves had Peter Siddle and Nathan Lyon with spirited performances.