ICC T20 World Cup 2021 News
- "Don't Need To Say What India Means To Us": Mohammed Shami Opens Up On Being Targetted By Trolls After India's Defeat To Pakistan In 2021 T20 World Cup
Speaking to Indian Express, Mohammed Shami hit back at critics and trolls. He also stated that he doesn't have to prove anything by reacting to trolls.
- "Hardest Pills I've Had To Swallow": Jofra Archer On Missing T20 World Cup And The Ashes
England pacer Jofra Archer has expressed regret at being unable to recover in time to play the 2021 T20 World Cup and the Ashes series in Australia.
- Shaheen Afridi Says Performance Against India "Most Memorable" After Winning ICC Cricketer Of The Year Award
Afridi took three wickets for 31 runs by removing the top three of the Indian batting order -- Rohit Sharma, KL Rahul and Virat Kohli -- to play a major role in Pakistan's 10-wicket win over their arch rivals.
- "There Was No Overconfidence": Pakistan Skipper Babar Azam Recalls Win Over India In 2021 T20 World Cup
Skipper Babar Azam spoke on Pakistan's emphatic 10-wicket triumph against India in the T20 World Cup 2021.
- "Never Could Recover" From Shaheen Shah's First Over: Wasim Akram On India's Disastrous T20 World Cup
Speaking via Sport360, Wasim Akram shared his perspective on India's exit from this year's T20 World Cup and asked the BCCI to let players try out other leagues.
- Sourav Ganguly Says India's T20 World Cup Performance "Poorest" In Recent Times
Sourav Ganguly referred to India's performance in the T20 World Cup 2021 as the "poorest" that he has seen "in last four-five years".
- "It's Doubtful You Will See Me Playing For West Indies Again In International Cricket": Chris Gayle Makes Big Statement About His Future
Speaking to ESPNCricinfo, Chris Gayle opened up about his farewell match for West Indies and also said that he could be present for next year's T20 World Cup as a spectator.
- Inzamam-ul-Haq Says Indians Players Were "Scared Even Before Pakistan Match Started"
Questioning the body language of Indian players, Inzamam-ul-Haq said the toss interview involving India skipper Virat Kohli and his Pakistan counterpart Babar Azam was evident that the official hosts were under pressure.
- Wasim Akram Explains Why Babar Azam Didn't Get T20 World Cup Player Of The Tournament Award
With 303 runs in 6 games, Babar finished at the top of the pile ahead of Warner, who amassed 289 runs in 7 matches. However, Warner was adjudged 'Player of the tournament' after he guided Australia to their maiden T20 World Cup title.
- Yuzvendra Chahal Names Spinner Who Is "In A Different League" To Others
Spinners made a big impact at the T20 World Cup but Yuzvendra Chahal is of the opinion that one spinner is head and shoulders above the rest.
- "Sometimes Sunrises A Bit Late": Mohammad Kaif Lauds David Warner After T20 World Cup Heroics
David Warner was adjudged 'Player Of The Tournament' for amassing 289 runs in the 2021 T20 World Cup, including an all-important knock of 53 off just 38 balls against New Zealand in the final.
- Watch: Fan Catches David Warner's Six In Stands During T20 World Cup Final
T20 World Cup Final, NZ vs AUS: A fan was in the spotlight during the New Zealand vs Australia summit clash on Sunday, successfully catching a David Warner six in the stands.
- "Covid Bubble Looks Strong": Stuart Broad Leaves Cryptic Comment On Video Of Marcus Stoinis Signing Autographs
Veteran England pacer Stuart Broad reacted to a video shared by the ICC where Australian star Marcus Stoinis can be seen signing autographs for fans after his team's T20 World Cup triumph.
- T20 World Cup: Babar Azam Named Captain Of ICC's Most Valuable Team Of The Tournament, No Indian Included
The ICC came up with the team a day after Australia won the T20 World Cup 2021 title after defeating New Zealand in the final by 8 wickets.
- T20 World Cup Full Stats: Most Runs, Most Wickets, Highest Score
The ICC T20 World Cup 2021 witnessed several top class performances with both bat and ball. Here is a statistical overview of the tournament.
- Watch: Matthew Wade, Marcus Stoinis' 'Shoey' Celebration Will Make Your Stomach Turn
Following in the footsteps of Australian F1 star Daniel Ricciardo, his compatriots Matthew Wade and Marcus Stoinis did the 'shoey' celebration after their triumph at the T20 World Cup.
- T20 World Cup: David Warner "Came In With Exceptional Intent," Says Steve Smith After Australia's Momentous Win
Australia batter Steve Smith said opener David Warner entered the ICC Men's T20 World Cup with great intent as people were writing him off after a below-par outing in the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2021.
- "Unfair Decision": Shoaib Akhtar Feels Babar Azam Deserved To Become "Man Of The Tournament" In T20 World Cup 2021
T20 World Cup 2021: Former cricketer Shoaib Akhtar wasn't too impressed with David Warner being adjudged the Player Of The Tournament as he was "looking forward" to seeing Pakistan skipper Babar Azam win the award.