India vs England 2011 News
- "When In Chennai, Whistle Podu": Virat Kohli Asks Fans To Crank It Up On Day 2. Watch
India vs England, 2nd Test: Virat Kohli, during an over change on Day 2, was spotted gesturing towards the crowd and whistling, urging them to crank up the volume.
- Anil Kumble-backed team sent packing in Karnataka State Cricket Association elections
Former Maharaja of Mysore Srikanta Datta Narasimharaja Wadiyar and ex-Test star Brijesh Patel return to helm of affairs after three-year gap. Kumble did not seek re-election for president's post.
- Anil Kumble's claims false, Brijesh Patel was never a part of Sporting Frontiers, says FGI director
Former Karnataka Ranji player and Frontiers Group India (FGI) director Carlton Saldanha on Saturday refuted KSCA president Anil Kumble's allegations and clarified that former secretary Brijesh Patel was never a part of the Sporting Frontiers.
- KSCA elections: Anil Kumble, Javagal Srinath pledge support to Maiya group
Speaking to reporters, Anil Kumble said Maiya and his team will fight the December 1 elections against Srikantadatta Wodeyar-Brijesh Patel team.
- Anil Kumble says KSCA made progress by keeping away likes of Brijesh Patel
Anil Kumble alleged that Brijesh Patel tried to prevent him from contesting KSCA presidential election on a frivolous basis.
- Rain may play spoilsport in India vs West Indies ODI in Kochi
As cricket loving Kochi gears up to host the first ODI of the three-match series against the West Indies in Kochi on November 21, the Kerala Cricket Association (KCA) fears that rain may play a spoilsport.
- Legends light up Karnataka State Cricket Association celebrations
The evening, in which close to 2200 people took their seats, in the stands and under a marquee, on the outfield of the famous ground, was underpinned by camaraderie and genuine affection.
- Karnataka State Cricket Association completes 75 years
So it is a time to look back at all the innings gone by - and there have indeed been some glorious ones. KSCA president Kumble is proud of the heritage of what was earlier called the Mysore Cricket Association.
- Sachin Tendulkar, Sunil Gavaskar, Sir Richard Hadlee to grace KSCA function on August 17
As a run-up to the gala evening, Srinath said KSCA has planned events for its members, including a weekend Flea Market that promises to indulge people in retail therapy with cricket memorabilia, clothing and other eclectic products.
- Robin Uthappa's triple ton puts KSCA XI on top vs Jharkhand in Safi Darashah All-India tourney
The Karnataka right-hander hit 29 fours and 5 sixes in his 307 not out from 358 balls for the state cricket association side on Thursday.
- TUCC star Kaunain Abbas dropped from Karnataka Twenty20 squad
Abbas had sparkled in the University Cricket Championship and was named Player of the Tournament after he lead Jain University, Bengaluru to the TUCC title.
- TUCC star Kaunain Abbas replaces Robin Uthappa in Karnataka T20 side
Apart from leading the Jain University team to victory in the Inter-University T20 event, Abbas top-scored in the competition with 303 runs.
- Good thing my track assessment was wrong and spinners got turn, says MS Dhoni
Meanwhile, England captain Alastair Cook attributed his team's loss to the poor bowling performance at the death overs which saw England giving away 108 runs in the last 10 overs.
- India and England teams to arrive in Kochi on Saturday
BCCI curator P R Viswanadh will be visiting the stadium on Friday morning.
- Bangalore stadium turns fortress for India-Pakistan T20
Asserting that there would be no compromise on the security of players and spectators, the police chief told reporters that no protests or demonstrations would be allowed in and around the stadium from Sunday to Tuesday.
- Rahul Dravid hits 108 in a league game
If you thought Rahul Dravid was done with cricket, or scoring centuries, think again. Dravid turned out for his old club - Bangalore United Cricket Club (BUCC) - over the weekend in a Karnataka State Cricket Association second division league match and, what's more, reached three figures too.
- Anil Kumble congratulates Rajiv Shukla for IPL 5's success
Former India captain Anil Kumble has congratulated Indian Premier League Commissioner Rajiv Shukla for the successful conduct of IPL 5 which he described as the best so far.
- Overdose of aggression cost England in India: Flower
England cricket coach says his side's behaviour during the recent tour of India was not "up to scratch" as it overdid the aggression which was against team policy.