US Open 2011 News
- Rohan Bopanna-Aisam Qureshi score first win of 2014 season at ATP Apia International
Playing together for the first time after rejoining forces, third seeded Indo-Pak pair recorded a hard-fought 7-6(5) 6-7(2) 10-3 win over the unseeded Dutch-Romanian team in one hour and 41 minutes.
- Roger Federer stunned by Lleyton Hewitt in Brisbane International final
The 6-1, 4-6, 6-3 win over Roger Federer was Lleyton Hewitt's 29th title on the ATP tour but his first since 2010.
- Venus Williams' next goal: 'To be like sister Serena'
The seven-time Grand Sam winner arrived in Auckland from Los Angeles on Friday and said her aim was to reach the final the WTA meet here that starts on Monday.
- David Ferrer begins new season with easy win over Stanislas Wawrinka in Abu Dhabi
Next up for World No.3 David Ferrer in Friday's semifinals of this Australian Open tune-up will be countryman and world No. 1 Rafael Nadal.
- Rafael Nadal not interested in celebrity coach
World number one Nadal has been coached by his uncle Toni since childhood and it's a partnership which has brought 13 Grand Slam titles.
- Roger Federer says another child on the way in 2014
Roger Federer says on Twitter that he and his wife, Mirka, are expecting another child next year. Their twin daughters are named Charlene and Myla.
- Spain's Guillermo Olaso handed five-year match-fixing ban
The 25-year-old from Bilbao, who plays on the lower level Challenger and Futures circuits, was sanctioned on three charges under the Uniform Tennis Anti-Corruption Program (UTACP).
- Rohan Bopanna confident of good start to season with Aisam-ul-Haq Qureshi
The Indo-Pak pair, who took the world by storm by reaching the US Open final in 2010, will be coming together for the new season, commencing with ATP Tour in Chennai.
- Roger Federer doesn't have anything to prove, says former World No.1 Ilie Nastase
Former French and US Open champion Romanian Ilie Nastase says that Roger Federer should not be advised on the proper time to quit professional tennis.
- Australian Open: Sania Mirza to continue mixed doubles partnership with Horia Tecau
Sania Mirza and Romanian Horia Tecau had joined forces this season for the Wimbledon championship, where they made quarter-finals and also played together at the US Open, making the third round.
- Yuki Bhambri glad to end year with Australian Open wildcard
Yuki Bhambri got a big career boost by winning the play-off tournament in Shenzhen, China, on Saturday, to earn himself a Grand Slam debut.
- Juan Martin del Potro enters quarters of Japan Open
Juan Martin del Potro was a late addition to the tournament after Andy Murray, the 2011 champion, withdrew due to a back injury. Del Potro is seeking his third title of the season following victories in Rotterdam and Washington.
- Paes-Bracciali enter Thailand Open semis, Somdev in Malaysia last-4
Leander Paes and Daniele Bracciali beat Juan Sebastian Cabal and Robert Farah in the quarters in Thailand Open, while, Somdev Devvarman and partner Rik de Voest beat Nenan Zimonjic and Julien Benneteau in Kuala Lumpur.
- Five-time Grand Slam winner Martina Hingis accused of assaulting husband
Martina Hingis' husband Thibault Hutin is in the process of filing a police complaint following an incident at the couple's apartment in the village of Feusisberg.
- Maria Sharapova pulls out of US Open with shoulder injury
Maria Sharapova's only match since a second-round defeat at Wimbledon in late June was a loss in her opening match in last week's WTA event at Cincinnati to American Sloane Stephens.
- Somdev Devvarman eyes re-entering top-100 in ATP rankings
In the entire 2012 season post rehabilitation from shoulder injury, Somdev Devvarman could win just two matches out of nine he played. In the process, his ranking plummeted to 664.
- Cincinnati Masters: Rohan Bopanna-Edouard Roger-Vasselin exit after loss in semis
India's Rohan Bopanna and his French partner Edouard Roger-Vasselin lost 5-7 2-6 to the Spanish second seeds in the semifinals of the USD 3,079,555 hard court tournament.
- Novak Djokovic sets up Rafael Nadal clash in Montreal Masters semis
A Djokovic-Nadal semifinal would normally be the feature act, but for success-starved home fans, it will be the clash of Canadian compatriots Milos Raonic and Vasek Pospisil that will take most attention.