India vs New Zealand 2012 News
- Yuvraj Singh's comeback was very satisfying, says Sourav Ganguly
Terming star Indian batsman Yuvraj Singh's comeback as incredible, former India captain Sourav Ganguly Thursday expressed satisfaction over the southpaw's performance in the recently concluded Twenty20 International against New Zealand.
- Foreign media on Yuvraj Singh's return to cricket pitch
Yuvraj Singh wound up on the losing side when he played for India against New Zealand in a Twenty20 international in Chennai this week, but that mattered much less than the fact of his being there at all.
- Dhoni's decision to bowl surprised New Zealand
New Zealand all-rounder James Franklin feels Mahendra Singh Dhoni erred in his decision after winning the toss, and said the entire Kiwi outfit was surprised when the Indian skipper decided to bowl first in the second Twenty20 game at a relatively slow Chepauk pitch here.
- Pressure now off Yuvraj Singh's head, says Mahendra Singh Dhoni
By performing well in his comeback game post a serious illness, Yuvraj Singh can afford to be his normal self as the pressure is now off his head, says India skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni.
- Sachin Tendulkar should leave on a high: Imran Khan
During the just concluded Test series against New Zealand, Sachin Tendulkar got bowled thrice in a row, thus creating a stir of sorts, with experts talking about his footwork and if age was catching up with the Master Blaster.
- Yuvraj and I should have finished the game: Dhoni
India were pipped at the post in a thriller but Mahendra Singh Dhoni, with one eye on the ICC World T20, preferred to look at what went well.
- India vs New Zealand, T20: Statistical Highlights
Here are the statistical highlights of the second T20 between India and New Zealand that also marked the return of Yuvraj Singh to international cricket.
- Yuvraj Singh says he had tears when fielding
Yuvraj Singh made a powerful return to the national colours and though his efforts could not ensure a win for India against New Zealand in the second T20 on Tuesday, the south-paw said he had tears in his eyes while fielding.
- Pitch behaved differently in second half: Dhoni
India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni today blamed the change in behaviour of the Chepauk strip in the second half as the reason for home team's one-run loss to New Zealand in the second T20 International here today.
- New Zealand ruin Yuvraj Singh's comeback in last-ball thriller
In a match that included an emotional comeback, a bone-crunching collision on the field and some breathtaking attacking batting, it was eventually clever bowling at the death
- Yuvraj Singh sparkles with the ball and bat on his comeback
He came, he saw, he bowled and he caught. In the end, it was his bat that did the talking and it screamed that Yuvraj Singh is back to being his best. Although India lost the match against New Zealand by a run, the cricketer emerged as a clear winner.
- Yuvraj Singh makes comeback; India to bowl against New Zealand in Chennai
Yuvraj Singh makes his return to cricket after battling a cancerous tumor. MS Dhoni called it right as India won the toss and chose to bowl against New Zealand in the second T20 international in Chennai on Tuesday
- Yuvraj Singh hopes for rain-free comeback
Indian cricket fans awaited the return of star batsman Yuvraj Singh on Tuesday who was set to make his delayed comeback following cancer treatment in a Twenty20 game against New Zealand.
- India vs New Zealand: 2nd T20 likely under cloud cover again
If an image upload by New Zealand opener Martin Guptill is an indication to go by, clouds and wet conditions may return to put the second T20 against hosts India on Tuesday, in jeopardy. This after the first match was called off in Vizag due to heavy rains.
- Mills' strategy: Beat India to get set for World T20
New Zealand paceman Kyle Mills says his team will try to get into the groove for the upcoming World Twenty20 by getting the better of India in the second Twenty20 match, here on Tuesday.
- 2nd T20 vs New Zealand: Focus back on Yuvraj Singh but India eye World Twenty20
Two days after his much-awaited comeback match was washed out due to persistent rain, the focus is back on Yuvraj Singh as he looks to resume his innings in international cricket with the second Twenty20 game between India and New Zealand on Tuesday.
- Another day's wait for Yuvraj, Harbhajan
It was supposed to be the return of the Singhs to the national side but rain in Vizag played spoilsport. Yuvraj Singh though seems to be in no mood to let New Zealand off the hook before the ICC World T20 tournament.
- 1st T20 India vs New Zealand: Yuvraj Singh's comeback delayed, match called off
Bad weather wreaked havoc in the first Twenty20 international between India and New Zealand in Visakhapatnam on Saturday. The match was called off after heavy rains persisted in.