India vs West Indies 2013-14 News
- Shikhar Dhawan is find of the year: Gavaskar tells NDTV
Sunil Gavaskar is impressed with Shikhar Dhawan's consistent performance and his sensational knocks. The former India cricketer believes Dhawan eases pressure on fellow batsman and cites Yuvraj Singh's 55 on Wednesday as a clear example.
- Lost a great opportunity to win a series in India, says Dwayne Bravo
West Indies lost the three-ODI series 1-2 after going down by five wickets in the third and final One-dayer here at the Green Park stadium.
- Want to continue with this good habit of scoring tons, says Shikhar Dhawan
Shikhar Dhawan smashed an attacking 119 off only 95 balls, his fifth ODI hundred, to clinch the ODI series with a a comfortable six-wicket win over West Indies in the third and final match at the Green Park here on Wednesday. Since his comeback to the Indian side, he has hit six international tons including his blazing 187 on Test debut at Mohali.
- India vs West Indies: Shikhar Dhawan first to record six international tons in 2013
Shikhar Dhawan has posted six international centuries in 2013, the highest tally by any player this year. His feat of recording five ODIs hundreds is the most by any batsman in 2013.
- Runs will come, have to handle the tough times: Yuvraj Singh
Yuvraj Singh scored his 51st ODI fifty as India beat West Indies by five wickets in Kanpur to win the three-match ODI series 2-1.
- Our bowling has improved after the series against Australia, says MS Dhoni
MS Dhoni said while the top-order batsmen were in fine form, what was heartening was the improved show by the bowlers.
- Shikhar Dhawan slams his 5th ODI century in India's series win vs West Indies
Shikhar Dhawan is the first batsman in the world to score five ODI hundreds this year
- 3rd ODI vs West Indies: Shikhar Dhawan fifty sets up India's run chase at Green Park
Shikhar Dhawan has slammed his sixth ODI half-century. India are chasing 264 for a win and series victory. India and West Indies have won a match each
- Shikhar Dhawan's century gives India series win vs West Indies
Shikhar Dhawan scored a 95-ball 119 to anchor India's five-wicket win against West Indies in the decisive third ODI at Kanpur.
- India vs West Indies, 3rd ODI, highlights: Shikhar Dhawan's ton helps hosts beat Windies by 5 wickets, clinch series 2-1
A well-paced, stroke-filled ton from Shikhar Dhawan and valuable contributions from Yuvraj Singh and Suresh Raina helps India seal the three-match ODI series with a five-wicket win in the third ODI at Kanpur. Catch all the highlights from the game as they happened.
- India vs West Indies: Shoddy arrangements at Green Park irks media personnel
Even though new pavilions and stands have come up at the Green Park in Kanpur - the venue for the third and final India vs West Indies ODI, very little has changed for the general public and the media personnel had to face problems from uninformed cops, officials and bureaucrats.
- Series win against West Indies will lift morale ahead of South Africa tour, says Bhuvneshwar Kumar
The third ODI at Kanpur holds great significance for both India and West Indies as the series is currently tied at 1-1 after the visitor's secured a close two-wicket win in the last game at Visakhapatnam. India had won the first match by six wickets at Kochi.
- Our last win showed we can beat India in India, says Dwayne Bravo
Dwayne Bravo conceded that it will take something "special" from the Caribbean side to beat the Indians in two consecutive matches at home.
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni and Co. aim for supremacy, West Indies eye redemption in final ODI
After losing the Test series by an innings margin in both the games, the West Indians have a chance to seal the three-match ODI series. A day match at Green Park, Kanpur presents an exciting prospect as Mahendra Singh Dhoni and his team will look to continue their dominant run of late.
- Andy Roberts defends Windies spinners called for suspect action
Andy Roberts said there are many other bowlers who should be called for a suspect action but added that those in authority lack the conviction to point them out.
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni and team back match-winner Yuvraj Singh
Mahendra Singh Dhoni said that Yuvraj Singh was a team player, who could win tournaments for India in the future.
- Virat Kohli misses a hat-trick of tons at Vizag, MS Dhoni becomes 6th Indian to register 50 ODI fifties
India went on to to lose the second ODI against the West Indies by 2 wickets on Sunday but their batsman Virat Kohli, Shikhar Dhawan and MS Dhoni had statistical highs to show forth. Here are the stat highlights from the game at Vizag:
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni defends bowlers after 2-wicket loss to West Indies at Vizag
Mahendra Singh Dhoni says he could not blame his bowlers for not being able to defend a 289-run target because it was difficult to grip the wet ball.