Asia Cup 2016 News
- Lasith Malinga's IPL Season With Mumbai Indians Yorked by Sri Lanka Cricket
Lasith Malinga and Sri Lanka Cricket have been at a standoff since the Asia Cup T20 in February. The board administration had asked the fast bowler to leave captaincy before the World Twenty20 last month in annoyance.
- Harbhajan Singh Says he Urged Mahendra Singh Dhoni to Bat up the Order in Asia Cup Final
Mahendra Singh Dhoni smashed 22 off just 14 balls to help India register a eight wickets win over Bangladesh in Asia Cup final.
- Virat Kohli Calls Mahendra Singh Dhoni 'The Best Finisher In the World'
Virat Kohi has labelled Mahendra Singh Dhoni as the "best finisher in the world" after the Indian skipper hit a couple of sixes to give India an eight-wicket win against Bangladesh to clinch their sixth Asia Cup.
- T20 World Cup 2016: Mashrafe Mortaza Hopes Asia Cup Defeat Wouldn't Affect Bangladesh in Showpiece Event
Mashrafe Mortaza, Bangladesh captain, said though they are disappointed after losing to India after in the Asia Cup final, they are taking
- BCCI Congratulates Team India for Asia Cup Triumph
Team India defeated Bangladesh by eight wickets in the final on Sunday to lift their sixth Asia Cup title.
- Asia Cup: Shikhar Dhawan, Virat Kohli Take India to Sixth Title With Win over Bangladesh
India rode on Shikhar Dhawan (60) and Virat Kohli's (41*) 94-run stand to defeat Bangladesh by eight wickets and win the Asia Cup for a record sixth time
- Asia Cup Twenty20: Heavy Rain Delays Start of India Versus Bangladesh Final
The India versus Bangladesh Asia Cup Twenty20 final is in the danger of being a no show after heavy rain lashed Dhaka, resulting in the delay of toss and start of the match.
- India vs Bangladesh - Highlights, Asia Cup T20 Final, 2016: MS Dhoni Seals Sixth Title With a Six
Bangladesh were boosted by cameos from Mahmudullah and Sabbir Rahman as they reached 120/5. However, Shikhar Dhawan slammed a fifty while MS Dhoni finished things off in style as India sealed their sixth Asia Cup title. Relive all the moments here.
- Wasim Akram Slams Cricket Board For Probing Pakistan's Asia Cup Debacle
Wasim Akram felt that Shahid Afridi is the best man to lead Pakistan and he should be given full backing and support.
- Asia Cup: India vs Bangladesh - No More a David Versus Goliath Contest
India have looked unbeatable in the Asia Cup so far, but Bangladesh, their opponent in the final, are no pushovers. At home, the Mashrafe Mortaza-led side gave Mahendra Singh Dhoni's India a reality check with a 2-1 ODI series win in 2015. We take a look at the two team's last five contests to decide the favourites in the title clash.
- Asia Cup Twenty20: Five Key Battles That Could Decide The Final
India go into the Asia Cup Twenty20 final as overwhelming favourites having beaten Bangladesh in all three of the Twenty20 encounters the two teams have clashed in.
- Shakib Al Hasan Sustains Thigh Muscle Injury Ahead of Asia Cup Final
Shakib Al Hasan sustained a hip-flex injury after being hit by a delivery during net session on Friday
- How A Photo of Mahendra Singh Dhoni's Chopped Head Being Held by Bangladesh Pacer on Twitter Goes Viral
A photo of Mahendra Singh Dhoni's chopped head being held by Bangladesh pace bowler Taskin Ahmed went viral a day before the Asia Cup final between Bangladesh and India.
- Ravi Shastri Urges Indian Players to Treat Asia Cup Final as Just Another Game
Team Director Ravi Shastri felt winning a tough game against Bangladesh in the Asia Cup, will help his side in the final.
- Bangladesh vs India, Asia Cup 2016: Mahendra Singh Dhoni's Side Ready For Host's Challenge in Final
India, unbeaten so far in Asia Cup, will take on hosts Bangladesh in the title clash. Mahendra Singh Dhoni-led side had defeated their rival of final in the opening match of the main tournament
- Shahid Afridi Says Pakistan Should Have Self Belief to Win Matches
Pakistan skipper Shahid Afridi said that he has confidence in the team to deliver the goods at the World Twenty20.
- Umar Akmal Guides Pakistan to Six-Wicket Win Over Sri Lanka
Umar Akmal slammed a quickfire 48 as Pakistan chased down the total in 19.2 overs while losing four wickets.
- Pakistan vs Sri Lanka - Highlights, Asia Cup T20 2016: Umar Akmal Helps Pakistan To Six-Wicket Win
Sarfraz Ahmed and Umar Akmal were the stars as they helped Pakistan to a six-wicket win against Sri Lanka as they ended their disappointing Asia Cup on a high. Relive all the moments here.