IPL 8 News
- Board of Control For Cricket in India May Use Decision Review System During Indian Premier League
Board of Control for Cricket in India will discuss Decision Review System's use minus Leg Before Wicket referrals, in the Indian Premier League, according to Rajeev Shukla, Governing Council chairman
- Indian Premier League: No Discussion on Lodha Panel Recommendations in Teams' Workshop
Indian Premier League chairman Rajeev Shukla said first the Board of Control for Cricket in India needs to discuss the recommendations of the Lodha panel, then the teams will be be intimated.
- Suresh Raina Could Be Skipper of Rajkot Team in 2016 Indian Premier League
Suresh Raina, who was the first pick of the Intex owned Rajkot in the 2015 Indian Premier League Draft, might be appointed as captain for the team.
- Indian Premier League: Star India, Chettinad Cement Among 21 Entitites to Buy Bid Document
According to a top Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) official, though 21 corporate houses have bought the bid document, not all may participate in the bidding process for the two new teams in the Indian Premier League. These two new teams will replace Chennai Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals for two seasons
- Indian Premier League: England to Let Top Players Get Twenty20 Experience
Top England players like Joe Root and Ben Stokes could be playing the Indian Premier League Twenty20 in future.
- Enforcement Directorate Questions Shah Rukh Khan Over Kolkata Knight Riders' Shares Sale
Enforcement Directorate is probing allegations that shares sold by the Shah Rukh Khan-owned Knight Riders Sports Pvt. Ltd. to the Jay Mehta-owned Sea Island Investments were undervalued by eight to nine times
- BCCI Announces FreeCharge as Official Partner of VIVO IPL
FreeCharge, India's leading digital payments platform, will be the official partner of the VIVO Indian Premier League for two years.
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Sanjeev Goenka Keen on Buying Indian Premier League Teams
Mahendra Singh Dhoni, according to sources, has the support of several Ranchi-based businessmen. Sanjeev Goenka was advised to invest in cricket by Sourav Ganguly
- Shah Rukh Khan Summoned by Enforcement Directorate Over Kolkata Knight Riders' Share Sale
Shah Rukh Khan has been summoned by the Enforcement Directorate for alleged forex violation regarding selling shares of Knight Riders Sports Pvt Ltd to a Mauritius-based company, owned by Juhi Chawla's husband Jay Mehta
- Indian Premier League Unveils New Logo
Indian Premier League unveiled its new logo with the name of its new title sponsor Vivo. The Chinese smartphone makers replaced PepsiCo earlier this month. Three more companies eager to be associated with the IPL.
- Testing Times for Indian Premier League, PepsiCo Threat May be Passing Storm
With PepsiCo wanting to get out as title sponsor of the Indian Premier League, the tournament's image has been dealt a big blow. However, BCCI should not worry much as brands still retain their interest to back the world's richest Twenty20 championship.
- PepsiCo Threat Pullout Makes Indian Premier League Bosses Sit Up
PepsiCo had signed a five-year deal with Indian Premier League in 2013. The Cola giants had replaced DLF as main tournament sponsors but allegations of corruption tarnished the image of the tournament.
- Chennai Super Kings' Petition Challenging Suspension to be Countered by BCCI
Chennai Super Kings filed the petition challenging the Justice Lodha committe's order suspending it from the IPL and the Madras High Court has directed the BCCI to file a response on the merits of the petition.
- IPL Working Group Report on Fate of Chennai Super Kings, Rajasthan Royals Ready
The IPL working group's report on Chennai Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals will be discussed in BCCI working committee meeting on August 28.
- Kings XI Punjab Co-Owner Ness Wadia Not In Favour Of Foreign Teams In IPL
The Working Group set up to look into the implementation of the findings of Lodha Committee report on IPL spot-fixing scandal met representatives of Mumbai Indians and Kings XI Punjab co-owner Ness Wadia.
- IPL Scam: Aditya Verma Urges Supreme Court to Hand Over Sealed Envelope to Lodha Panel
In his petition, Aditya Verma has urged the Supreme Court to reveal names of 13 players who have been named in a sealed envelope by the Justice Mudgal probe panel in 2013 IPL scam.
- Sourav Ganguly Hopes The Indian Premier League Recovers From Betting Scandal
Chennai Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals were suspended for two years from the Indian Premier League to protect "the integrity of the game".
- Met Pravin Tambe For Coaching, Says 'Shocked' Hiken Shah
Hiken Shah was found guilty of making a "corrupt approach" to a fellow player and was suspended by BCCI