English Premier League News
- Todd Boehly Named New Chelsea Chairman, Marina Granovskaia Departs
Todd Boehly was Wednesday named as Chelsea's new chairman to replace Bruce Buck and will act as interim sporting director after the club confirmed the departure of Marina Granovskaia.
- Arsenal Sign Midfielder Fabio Vieira From Porto
Arsenal completed the signing of highly-rated Porto midfielder Fabio Vieira in a 40-million-euro deal on Tuesday.
- Official Match Ball For 2022-23 Premier League Campaign Unveiled
The ball comes with the same colours and bold graphic blocking as the first Premier League ball used back in 1992.
- Premier League Fixtures Announced, Manchester City To Begin Title Defence At West Ham
The Premier League fixture list for the 2022/23 season was published on Thursday.
- Alexandre Lacazette Returns To Lyon On Free Transfer From Arsenal
Former France international Alexandre Lacazette returned to Ligue 1 side Lyon on a free transfer five years after he joined Arsenal for a then club record fee of 46.5 million pounds.
- Tottenham Hotspur Sign Keeper Fraser Forster On Free Transfer From Southampton
Tottenham Hotspur have signed England goalkeeper Fraser Forster on a free transfer from Premier League rivals Southampton, the London club announced Wednesday
- "I Don't Follow The Records, The Records Follow Me": Cristiano Ronaldo
Cristiano Ronaldo may be 37, but he is not slowing down when it comes to breaking records and making history.
- Premier League Footballer Sentenced To 180 Hours Of Community Service For Kicking, Slapping Pet Cat
West Ham defender Kurt Zouma was on Wednesday ordered to carry out 180 hours of community service after he admitted kicking and slapping his pet cat.
- Todd Boehly Eyes Chelsea Success After Sealing Takeover
Boehly's takeover ends Abramovich's 19-year reign as Chelsea owner after the Russian put the club up for sale in March.
- Nottingham Forest, Former European Champions, Promoted To Premier League For First Time In 23 Years
Nottingham Forest clinched promotion to the Premier League for the first time in 23 years with a 1-0 win against Huddersfield in the Championship play-off final on Sunday.
- Austria Manager Ralf Rangnick No Longer Taking Up New Manchester United Role
Rangnick had been expected to stay at Old Trafford for the next two years in a consultancy post, but last month he was appointed as the new manager of Austria and it appears holding the two jobs at once is no longer a viable option for the 63-year-old.
- Roman Abramovich Says Owning Chelsea "Honour Of Lifetime" As Sale Set For Completion
Roman Abramovich said Saturday owning Chelsea had been the "honour of a lifetime" after the Premier League club said the sale to a consortium led by Todd Boehly was expected to be completed by Monday.
- Chelsea FC Sale Gets Green Light From UK Government
A consortium led by Boehly, a co-owner of baseball's Los Angeles Dodgers, had already agreed a record 4.25 billion pounds ($5.3 billion) deal to buy the Premier League club from Abramovich on May 7.
- Premier League Board Approve Chelsea Takeover By Todd Boehly Group
A Premier League statement said on Tuesday: "The Premier League Board has today approved the proposed takeover of Chelsea Football Club by the Todd Boehly/Clearlake Consortium."
- Watch: The Moment When Liverpool Fans Informed Mohamed Salah About Manchester City Taking Lead Against Aston Villa
Manchester City came back from a 0-2 deficit in the second half to win 3-2 at home against Aston Villa, a victory that gave them their fourth Premier League title in 5 years.
- "An Era Can Come To An End": Manchester United's Erik Ten Hag On Liverpool-City Duopoly
Guardiola and Klopp -- the managers of United's two biggest rivals -- have consistently battled it out for the major trophies, leaving the Red Devils, without silverware since 2017, as bystanders.
- Pep Guardiola Hails 'Legends' As Manchester City Prepare To Party
Man City finished on 93 points, one ahead of Jurgen Klopp's men as they ended their rivals' hopes of winning an unprecedented quadruple and lifted a ninth major trophy of Guardiola's reign.
- Watch: Raphinha Celebrates With Fans As Leeds Survive Premier League Relegation
Raphinha converted a penalty to give Leeds United the lead against Brentford in the Premier League fixture on Sunday.