CSK vs GT, IPL 2023 Final, Highlights: CSK vs GT Summit Clash To Be Played On Monday As Rain Plays Spoilsport
CSK vs GT, IPL 2023 Final, Highlights: Due to persistent rain in Ahmedabad, the Indian Premier League (IPL) final between Chennai Super Kings and Gujarat Titans, which was scheduled to be played on Sunday, will now take place on Monday at the Narendra Modi Stadium
CSK vs GT, IPL 2023 Final, Highlights:Due to persistent rain in Ahmedabad, the Indian Premier League (IPL) final between Chennai Super Kings and Gujarat Titans, which was scheduled to be played on Sunday, will now take place on Monday at the Narendra Modi Stadium. Monday is the reserve day, but if rain plays spoilsport again, GT will be crowned champions as they finished above CSK in the league phase. (SCORECARD) (IPL 2023, Final Reserve Day LIVE: CSK vs GT)
Here are Highlights of IPL 2023 Final match between CSK and GT, straight from Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad:
- 23:04 (IST)CSK vs GT: Rain stops but play not possible!The rain has finally stopped here in Ahmedabad. However, the play is not possible today due to the poor condition of the outfield. The umpires spoke to Stephen Fleming and Ashish Nehra, and the two coaches then proceeded to shake hands.Thanks for tuning in! See you tomorrow, same time and same place!
- 22:29 (IST)CSK vs GT Live: Rain persists!No relief as it continues to pour at the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad. Here is some update for you. The umpires have informed that the groundsmen will be needing at least one hour to prepare the ground if if stops raining. This means that if it continues to rain after 11:06 PM tonight, the match is likely to be taken to the next day as it will cross the cut-off time of 12:06 for a 5-overs-a-side game.
- 20:39 (IST)CSK vs GT Live: Rain stops!The rain has stopped. It continues to play hide and seek. But for now, it a good news that we have for you. Keep your fingers crossed and hope that the rain doesn't return and we see the toss soon tonight.
The rains have stopped... pic.twitter.com/PxF8qYZc10— Chennai Super Kings (@ChennaiIPL) May 28, 2023
- 20:33 (IST)CSK vs GT Live: How is the weather going to be tomorrow?While it is known that the IPL 2023 final match will move to Monday if rain plays spoilsport tonight, the weather forecast suggests that it could also pour in Ahmedabad tomorrow as well. Here are the predictions of Monday's weather according to Accuweather -7 PM - 48% chances of rain8 PM - 52% chances of rain9 PM - 48% chances of rain10 PM - 49% chances of rain11 PM - 49% chances of rain
- 20:12 (IST)CSK vs GT Live: Head-to-head recordBoth the sides have played four matches against each other. Gujarat Titans have won three of them, while Chennai Super Kings have won one. However, a factor of relief for the four-time champions is the fact that they won the most recent game between the sides that took place in Chennai. It was the Qualifier 1 of IPL 2023.
- 19:48 (IST)CSK vs GT Live: Rain returns!Really sorry for sharing this bad news, but the rain has arrived again in Ahmedabad. It is getting really frustrating now for the players as well as for the crowd. However, we have something for you. In case you missed it, you can watch the CSK vs GT, IPL 2023 final match preview here -
- 19:33 (IST)CSK vs GT Live: Reserve day is there!After a lot of doubts regarding the reserve day, here is the clarity. According to the official broadcasters, there is a reserve day for IPL 2023 final. You can trust this ultimate source without a doubt. And in case, there is any change later, we will surely let you know.
- 19:01 (IST)CSK vs GT Live: Toss delayed due to rain!The toss for the final match between Chennai Super Kings and Gujarat Titans has been delayed due to rain. It continues to pour at the moment in Ahmedabad and it is needless to say that the covers are still on. Stay connected as we will keep updating you with the developments.
- 18:59 (IST)CSK vs GT Live: Glimpse of closing ceremony!It continues to rain in Ahmedabad, the toss is going to be delayed for sure. By then, have a glimpse of the closing ceremony as Indian music producer Nucleya set the stage on fire -
- 18:52 (IST)CSK vs GT Live: What if it continues to rain today?If not even a 5-overs-a-side game is not possible due to rain tonight, the match will go into the reserve day that is Monday. If you wish to know more in detail about what the playing conditions could be rain continues to impact the game, go HERE
- 18:19 (IST)CSK vs GT Live: Stephen Fleming's message for CSK fans
Not long now until the final game so a perfect time to say ‘thank you’ for all the support that the team has received this year. We all understand the love for the captain but to see the grounds so full of yellow has been truely amazing.enjoy tonight, it should be a cracker.— Stephen Fleming (@SPFleming7) May 28, 2023
- 18:00 (IST)CSK vs GT Live: Rayudu's statement
2 great teams mi nd csk,204 matches,14 seasons,11 playoffs,8 finals,5 trophies.hopefully 6th tonight. It’s been quite a journey.I have decided that tonight’s final is going to be my last game in the Ipl.i truly hav enjoyed playing this great tournament.Thank u all. No u turn— ATR (@RayuduAmbati) May 28, 2023
- 17:35 (IST)CSK vs GT Live: Narendra Modi Stadium is all set
All the action, drama, emotion which is set to get captured by more than 50 different cameras across the stadium— IndianPremierLeague (@IPL) May 28, 2023
Mr. Dev Shriyan, Director - Production and Broadcast breaks down the coverage of the Final Showdown for us#TATAIPL | #CSKvGT | #Final pic.twitter.com/pankEr6VHz
- 17:26 (IST)CSK vs GT Live: Pitch is all set
They BCCI's team of Pitch Curators has worked tirelessly to provide sporting pitches over the course of the tournament— IndianPremierLeague (@IPL) May 28, 2023
A big thank you to all of them involved behind the scenes in the #TATAIPL
This is their story#Final | #CSKvGT pic.twitter.com/6euIgibxY0
- 16:51 (IST)CSK vs GT Live: Closing ceremonyHere's all you need to know about the closing ceremony of IPL 2023. Read here.
- 15:29 (IST)CSK vs GT IPL 2023 Final Live: Predicted XI for both the teamsHere's what we think could be the Playing XIs for both the teams in the final match of IPL 2023. Read here.
- 15:17 (IST)CSK vs GT Live: GT's strength and weaknessHere's what we think are the strength and weakness of Gujarat Titans. Read here.
- 15:01 (IST)CSK vs GT Live: CSK's strength and weaknessHere's what we think are the strength and weakness of Chennai Super Kings. Read here.
- 14:44 (IST)CSK vs GT Live: Weather reportHere's what will happen if the final match between Chennai Super Kings and Gujarat Titans gets abandoned due to rain or any other reason. Read here.
- 14:42 (IST)CSK vs GT Live: Dhoni's brilliant wicketkeepingKnown for his lightning-fast wicket-keeping, the CSK skipper has also achieved the most number of catches by a wicketkeeper in the IPL finals. Dhoni has got six catches, followed by Quinton de Kock with 4, and Kamran Akmal and Dinesh Karthik with two each.
- 14:42 (IST)CSK vs GT Live: Dhoni's magnificent recordThe CSK skipper is also the fifth-highest run-scorer in the history of IPL finals, with a total of 180 runs. The first player on the list is Suresh Raina with 249 runs, followed Shane Watson (236), Rohit Sharma (183), and Murli Vijay (181). Apart from this, he has got 170 runs in the IPL finals, which is the maximum by any captain.
- 14:40 (IST)CSK vs GT Live: Dhoni's 250th IPL appearanceThe Final match of IPL 2023 will be MS Dhoni's 250th IPL appearance, his 11th final as a player and his 10th as a skipper. No other player has played 250 IPL matches and Dhoni is the first player to do so. Dhoni has made most appearances in IPL finals as a player and as a captain.