Euro 2012 News
- Portuguese winger Ricardo Quaresma returns to Porto
Quaresma played for Porto between 2004 and 2008 and was a free agent having most recently been with Al Ahli in Dubai.
- FIFA World Cup trophy to reach Kolkata on Sunday
The trophy, which would be intensely fought for in Brazil next year, is currently in Bhutan and is all set to fly to Kathmandu on Saturday before reaching Kolkata on Sunday for a three-day football festivity, said a media release on Friday.
- Liverpool legend Kenny Dalglish to coach in Indian Super League
A Hall of Famer in England and Scotland, Kenny is the recent signing by tournament organiser IMG-Reliance as 'marque' manager. He will be joined by former Manchester United goalkeeper great Peter Schmeichel and France international Marcel Desailly.
- Dutch striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar likely out until January
The Bundesliga's top scorer in the 2011-12 season has played only three games for
- History-makers Bosnia, holders Spain, qualify for 2014 World Cup
Bosnia-Herzegovina -- who had lost to Portugal in play-offs for the 2010 World Cup and Euro 2012 -- reach their first ever major finals.
- Andros Townsend strike tips England towards Brazil
The 22-year-old winger was handed his first cap by manager Roy Hodgson and the gamble paid off as he settled the hosts' nerves with a late strike after the visitors had threatened to come back into the game.
- Germany see off Republic of Ireland to book FIFA 2014 World Cup berth
Goals by Real Madrid's Sami Khedira, Chelsea's Andre Schuerrle and Arsenal's Mesut Ozil confirmed Germany's place in Brazil.
- AC Milan defender Philippe Mexes gets four-game ban for punching opponent
Mexes aimed a punch at Juventus' Giorgio Chiellini which was was captured by TV.
- La Liga: Real Madrid win as warm-up injury halts Gareth Bale's home bow
Despite going a goal down to Getafe, Cristiano Ronaldo (2), Isco and Pepe gave Real a 4-1 victory.
- Bundesliga: Bayern Munich fail to impress in win at Frankfurt
Croatia striker Mario Mandzukic gave Bayern the three points at Eintracht, when he volleyed home a cross from Germany's Thomas Mueller on 13 minutes.
- Andrea Barzagli, Simone Pepe named in Juventus' squad for Super Cup
Barzagli missed Italy's 1-2 loss to Argentina on Wednesday due to an Achilles tendon problem, but was named in the Juventus' 27-man list against Lazio for Super Cup, reports Xinhua.
- Metalist Kharkiv challenge UEFA ban at CAS
Given that qualifying for this year's competition was already under way, the case was heard directly by UEFA's appeals tribunal, and Metalist were hit with the penalty on Wednesday.
- AC Milan, Arsenal join complex UEFA Champions League draw
Metalist faces a UEFA disciplinary panel next Tuesday
- Fit-again Pepe returns in Portugal squad for Netherlands friendly
The August 14 match in Faro aims to help get the team ready for a decisive phase in its World Cup qualifying campaign. Portugal leads Group F with 14 points, two more than second-place Russia, but the Russians have two games in hand.
- Eric Abidal joins big-spending Monaco
The 33-year-old, who left Spanish La Liga champions Barcelona at the end of last season following six years in Catalonia, has an option for a second season.
- Spain can show Italy the way, says coach Cesare Prandelli
Confounding pre-match expectations, Italy dominated the first half, as Prandelli's decision to deploy a compact 3-4-2-1 system denied Spain's midfielders space in the centre of the pitch. The two wing-backs both played significant roles as well. Marauding right wing-back Christian Maggio went close on three occasions in the first half, while Emanuele Giaccherini h...
- Nerveless Jesus Navas sends Spain into Confederations Cup final
Italy were left to curse their luck after initially shackling Spain in the first half, and coach Cesare Prandelli must now galvanise minds and bodies for Sunday's meeting with Uruguay in the third-place play-off.
- Schalke 04 sign Adam Szalai as Klaas-Jan Huntelaar back-up
Bundesliga side Schalke 04 have signed Hungary striker Adam Szalai from German league rivals Mainz as back up for Dutch star Klaas-Jan Huntelaar and to boost their squad for next season's Champions League campaign.