Wimbledon 2013 News
- Juan Martin del Potro beats Paul-Henri Mathieu in Swiss Indoors quarters
In Saturday's semifinals, del Potro will play doubles specialist Edouard Roger-Vasselin of France, who beat Daniel Brands of Germany 6-3, 4-6, 6-3.
- US Open: Sania Mirza-Jie Zheng knocked out in doubles semis
Sania and her Chinese partner Jie Zheng lost to Australian pair of Ashleigh Barty and Casey Dellacqua 6-2 6-2 in the last-4 clash.
- US Open: Sania Mirza-Jie Zheng enter doubles semis
The Indo-Chinese pair will now take on 8th seeded Australian pair of Ashleigh Barty and Casey Dellacqua in the semi finals on Thursday.
- Sania Mirza-Jie Zheng win New Haven women's doubles title
Playing just their fourth event together, third seeds Sania and Jie pipped the second-seeded pair of Anabel Medina Garrigues and Katarina Srebotnik 6-3, 6-4 in the summit clash.
- Sania Mirza reaches 25th doubles final of her career
Sania Mirza, the only Indian female to win Grand Slam title, has won two titles so far this season. Both the titles came with American partner Bethanie Mattek-Sands, who now plays only singles.
- Marion Bartoli asked to reconsider her decision to retire
Mauresmo said she had not seen the decision coming but that the pair had been in contact overnight, first by text message, then by telephone.
- Serena Williams defeats Francesca Schiavone in Toronto opener
Williams next faces No.13 seed Kirsten Flipkens, who beat Dutch qualifier Kiki Bertens 7-5, 3-6, 6-2.
- Flipkens ousts Venus Williams in first round at Toronto
Flipkens leveled the match with a break in the 10th game of the second frame, and once the 13th-seeded Belgian had forced the third set it was Williams who couldn't keep pace.
- Venus Williams excited to be back in action in Toronto
Williams suffered her earliest French Open exit in 12 years in May, when she crashed to a first-round defeat to Poland's Urszula Radwanska.
- Sania Mirza to pair with Jie Zheng at US Open
Sania had played with American Lizel Huber at the Wimbledon where she made a third round exit.
- Wimbledon champion Marion Bartoli to play Hopman Cup
Marion Bartoli blitzed the field at the All England Club to win her first Grand Slam title and will be making her second appearance at the mixed team tournament from December 29-January 4.
- Maria Sharapova pulls out of Stanford event due to hip injury
Sharapova and Flipkens will be replaced in the 28-player draw by world number 46 Daniela Hantuchova and Christina McHale, who is ranked 79th.
- Man arrested over alleged rape in queue for Wimbledon final
Scotland Yard said a 30-year-old man was arrested and bailed over the alleged attack on the 34-year-old woman.
- Gael Monfils beats Paul-Henri Mathieu in Stuttgart, to face Florian Mayer
Monfils had 16 aces to set up a meeting with sixth-seeded Florian Mayer, who defeated another German, Andreas Beck, 6-4, 3-6, 6-1.
- Wimbledon: Pinki Sonkar smiles, High Commissioner's words turn true
As the 11-year-old girl lit up the Centre Court with her smile at the coin-tossing event, Lady Luck smiled on Andy Murray and more so on Britain, which ended its 77-year men's singles title drought.
- After loss to Andy Murray, Novak Djokovic serves an ace in charity dinner
The event, attended by celebrities like Naomi Campbell and Boris Becker, was for a social cause as part of the Novak Djokovic Foundation.
- Kim Sears, not just Andy Murray's girlfriend, a tennis pundit too
The 2013 Wimbledon winner reveals that Sears 'really understands tennis'.
- China woos Taiwan's first Wimbledon winner Su-Wei Hsieh
Taiwan's tennis hero Su-Wei Hsieh is mulling giving up her Taiwanese citizenship to represent China, where she could receive a much bigger sponsorship deal her father said on Monday, after her historic victory in the Wimbledon women's doubles contest.