- Russia Stripped Of Hosting 2022 Volleyball World Championships: International Volleyball Federation
Russia has been stripped of hosting the men's Volleyball World Championships in August and September due to its invasion of Ukraine, governing body the International Volleyball Federation (FIVB) announced on Tuesday.
- Serbian Volleyball Player Banned After Racist Gesture In Match Against Thailand
Sanja Djurdjevic was photographed pulling at the corners of her eyes with her fingers, a derogatory gesture towards Asians.
- Volleyball Federation Of India To Pay Sports Management Company Rs 4 Crore For Terminating Contract
The Volleyball Federation of India has been asked to pay Rs 4 crore to a sports event management company; VFI will appeal the order.
- Khelo India Youth Games: Tamil Nadu, West Bengal Girls On Top In Volleyball
In the semi-finals of the girls Under-21 section, Tamil Nadu got the better of Bengal 25-20, 25-21, 25-21.
- Suicide Blast Kills 57 at Volleyball Tournament
In the country's deadliest single attack since 2011, the bomber detonated his explosives on Sunday as hundreds of young men and boys attended a tournament featuring three local teams in the volatile province of Paktika.
- Iranian Female Journalists Can Cover Men's Volleyball Matches
Females are banned from attending public men's sport games, which could be only attended by public and male reporters. Ghoncheh Ghavami, a 25-year-old British-Iranian woman, to a year in jail after she had cared to attend a volleyball game as a spectator.
- Woman Jailed in Iran for Protesting Volleyball Ban Declares Hunger Strike
British-Iranian woman Ghoncheh Ghavami is protesting because the judge is yet to officially confirm her one-year prison sentence.
- British-Iranian Woman Gets One Year in Jail for Volleyball Protest
Ghoncheh Ghavami, a 25-year-old law graduate from London, was protesting against the ban on women to watch men's volleyball matches.
- Asian Games 2014: India Finish Fifth in Men's Volleyball
The Indian team defeated Thailand 3-1. The women's team however lost 0-3 to Hong Kong and ended their campaign eight.
- Asian Games: India Crash Out in Quarters of Men's Volleyball
India went down 2-3 against Japan in the quarterfinals of the men's volley.
- Asian Games: Indian Women Lose to Kazakhstan in Volleyball Play-Off
India lost 20-25, 19-25, 20-25 Kazakhstan in 5th-8th place semi-final play-off. India will now play in the 7th-8th place play-off final.
- Asian Games: Indian Women Lose to Japan in Volleyball
Indian women's volleyball team suffered a 3-0 defeat against Japan. India will next take on Thailand.
- Father vs son dilemma for volleyball family
Jon Uriarte says it's destiny and a gift that his Australian team will face his son Nicolas and native Argentina in their opening volleyball pool match at the London Olympics.
- USA, Brazil eye gold, Cuba miss out
The United States and Brazil will eye Olympic volleyball gold in London, but the tournament has been stripped of some its magic by the historic failure of Cuba to qualify.
- London 2012 Volleyball: Brazil beat Argentina to enter semis
Brazil overpowered Argentina in straight sets on Wednesday with 14 points from Murilo Endres to advance to the men's volleyball semifinals at the London Games.
- London 2012 Volleyball: Russia will play for the gold in men's
Russia will play for the Olympic gold medal in men's volleyball after defeating Bulgaria 3-1 on Friday.
- Olympics: Beach volleyball is a sport first, insist women players
Soldiers will be replaced by women players. Bearskins will fade to give way to bikinis and the sun adding a wam tinge to the Horse Guards Parade here for the beach volleyball event of the London Olympics may get temperatures soaring. The participants though insist it is all about playing well and securing medals for them regardless of what the real reason for the spor...
- UK's big question: Will weather permit bikinis during beach volleyball?
For a country that does not get to see much of the sun, having a beach volleyball event in London during the Olympics may bring an artificial sense of warmth here. If meteorologists are to be believed, the weather though can keep the players from taking out their bikinis at the Horse Guard Parade - venue for the sport.