ENG vs IND, 2nd Test, Day 1, Highlights: KL Rahul, Rohit Sharma Put India In Commanding Position
England vs India, 2nd Test, Day 1 Highlights: Opener KL Rahul scored a brilliant century to put India in a commanding position at the end of the first day's play.
KL Rahul showcased some impressive defensive skills as he scored his sixth Test century in 212 balls while Rohit Sharma played an aggressive knock of 83 runs as India dominated the first day's play in the first innings of the second Test against England at Lord's cricket ground, on Thursday. India scored 276/3 in 90 overs as Virat Kohli fell to Ollie Robinson for 42 runs off 103 balls in the final phase of the day. Along with Indian opener Rohit Sharma (83 runs), Rahul added 126 runs for the opening wicket and then stitched together another century stand with captain Kohli. After Rohit's wicket, Cheteshwar Pujara also departed for only nine runs. Rahul ended the day's play on 127 not out while Ajinkya Rahane was 1 not out. Earlier, rain delayed the start of play as England skipper Joe Root won the toss and asked India to bat first. India made one change, bringing in the experience of Ishant Sharma in place of an injured Shardul Thakur. While England, made three changes. Stuart Broad was replaced by Mark Wood, batsman Haseeb Hameed came in place of Zak Crawley and all-rounder Moeen Ali was picked ahead of Dan Lawrence. (SCORECARD)
2nd Test, Day 1, Highlights, England (ENG) vs India (IND) From Lord's, London
- 00:04 (IST)End Of Day 1 - 2nd Test !End Of Day 1KL Rahul scored his sixth Test century in 212 balls as India dominated the first day's playRohit Sharma played an aggressive knock of 83 runsRahul added 126 runs for the opening wicket with Sharma and then stitched together another century stand with captain KohliHowever, Virat Kohli fell to Ollie Robinson for 42 runs off 103 balls in the final phase of the dayCheteshwar Pujara also departed for only nine runsIND 276/3 in 90 oversKL Rahul 127*Ajinkya Rahane 1*
- 23:28 (IST)Wicket - Robinson Gets Kohli !!Robinson gets Kohli to edge one to the slipsThe Indian skipper falls for 42 off 103 ballsIND 267/3 after 84.4 oversAjinkya Rahane comes into the middle
- 23:03 (IST)100 For KL Rahul !What a comeback to the Indian team for KL Rahul as he reaches his sixth Test century in 212 balls at Lord'sIND 245/2 after 77.3 oversRahul 102*Virat Kohli 37*
- 20:50 (IST)Tea - 2nd Session Ends !Tea has been taken on Day 1 of the 2nd TestIndia go in at 157/2 after 52 overs as Pujara fell right before the end of the second sessionKL Rahul 55*Virat Kohli 0*
- 20:42 (IST)Fifty For KL Rahul !KL Rahul reaches a brilliant fifty in 137 ballsIND 153/2 after 50.4 overs
FIFTY!— BCCI (@BCCI) August 12, 2021
After a half-century in the first Test at Trent Bridge,@klrahul11 brings up second of the series at Lord's in 137 balls. This is his 13th in Tests.
Live - https://t.co/KGM2YELLde #ENGvIND pic.twitter.com/NfCQWYn0Mo
- 20:08 (IST)Wicket - Anderson Gets Rohit!And it had to be Anderson -- James Anderson !Jimmy moves the ball off the surface into the right hander, who fails to bring down the bat in timeIs Bowled!Rohit departs after making 83 runs off 145 ballsIND 126/1 after 43.4 overs