BAN vs SL Highlights: Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka Match Abandoned Due To Rain
2019 ICC Cricket World Cup, Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka: The World Cup match between Bangladesh and the Sri Lanka was abandoned after persistent heavy rain in Bristol, with both sides earning a point each.
The World Cup 2019 match between Bangladesh and Sri Lanka was abandoned after persistent rain at Bristol County Ground in Bristol on Tuesday, with both sides earning a point each. Sri Lanka now have have 4 points from their 4 outings while Bangladesh have 3 points from 4 games.The match was called off without a single ball being bowled. Interestingly, 2019 has become the World Cup with the most number of abandoned games, thanks to the three call-offs in a week. Earlier on Monday, a match between South Africa and West Indies was rained off and teams shared a point each. Calling rain-affected tournaments as being difficult for teams, Sri Lanka skipper Dimuth Karunaratne said it was a bad time for his team after back-to-back washouts for the Lankans. Bangladesh skipper Mashrafe Mortaza, terming the scenario disappointing and frustrating, said that they do not have any option but to play hard. (SCORECARD)
World Cup 2019 Match Highlights Between Bangladesh and Sri Lanka, Straight from Bristol, London
Match 16, ICC Cricket World Cup, 2019, Jun 11, 2019
- 18:36 (IST)Another match abandoned!So, the match between Bangladesh and Sri Lanka has been officially abandoned, thanks to the rain gods. Both teams share one point each.
- 17:43 (IST)Bangladesh bowling coach has something to say, check!Amid persistent drizzle in Bristol, here is a freewheeling chat between ICC and West Indies legend and Bangladesh bowling coach Courtney A Walsh. Check what he is up to!
- 16:17 (IST)Latest update from BristolHere is the latest from Bristol
Latest news from Bristol: There will be another inspection in 45 minutes— Cricket World Cup (@cricketworldcup) June 11, 2019
- 16:08 (IST)Do indulge in reading Shikhar Dhawan's injury news!While, rain continues to play spoilsport in Bristol, here is some other big news from the world of cricket. Shikhar Dhawan could have played his last game in World Cup 2019. Click to read full story.
- 14:45 (IST)Shikhar Dhawan Ruled Out Of World Cup 2019 For 3 WeeksWhile we wait for the game to start, some bad news coming in from the Indian camp relating to an injury to Shikhar Dhawan. Click to read full story.
- 14:37 (IST)Covers are coming off!
We've got good news and bad news— Cricket World Cup (@cricketworldcup) June 11, 2019
The toss at Bristol has been delayed due to rain, but the covers are being peeled off, and an inspection is due at 10:30am.
Here's hoping the weather stays true! #CWC19
Stay tuned for #BANvSL updates https://t.co/72NKcaGxQL pic.twitter.com/jMR0L4vgGv