- Opinion: Serena Williams Was Blamed For Defending Herself; That's Nothing New For Black Women
The 23-time Grand Slam champion Serena Williams was stunned by Japan's Naomi Osaka in straight sets in the US Open 2018 final on Saturday.
- It 'Paes' To Be Leander
Just like Sachin Tendulkar, Leander Paes will always make it to the list of greatest Indian sportspersons. The 42-year-old is only getting better with age.
- Davis Cup: Present perfect but will the young brigade put country before self?
Although the Indian Davis Cup team has moved closer to playing in the World Group next year, a better understanding is needed among the players and the All Indian Tennis Association to avoid embarrassing disputes like the one which happened in 2013.
- The grand-and-slam relationship between a player and coach!
2014 so far has been the year of player-coach relationships in tennis with Roger Federer hiring Stefan Edberg and Novak Djokovic bringing Boris Becker into his camp. The question, however, is how many of these coaches will stay with the players?
- Money-ball: International Tennis Premier League can redefine the game!
The idea of a new International Tennis Premier League sounds very exciting, with eight top-10 players, including Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga and Stanislas Wawrinka set to take part in four Asian cities; Dubai, Singapore, Bangkok and Mumbai, come December.
- Should women play 5 sets in tennis Grand Slams?
Does a long match always equal to a great match? Not always. While many choose to not read a particular book because it's too thick, or not watch a particular film because it's too long, that's not how it works in sports. Can you decide before a match, in any sport, whether you're going to watch it or not, depending on its duration? No, right?
- A date to remember with Maria Sharapova
What happens when woman of your dreams is sitting right in front of you and you are caught between your profession and fascination.
- Can Davis Cup triumph reignite the spark in Nadal?
Rafael Nadal capped off on average year
- Djokovic is no superman after all
The signs of a packed season are clearly evident. With the season in its last leg, the body is wearing off and with it the aura of invincibility.
- India, a ravaged victim of partisan foreign journalism
Get the Commonwealth Games and you have security scare. Get the Formula One and the world chooses to talk of social imbalance in India threatening the image of the sport. When will the whining stop?
- Match 10, ICC World Twenty20, 2021 at Oman, Oct 21, 2021Play In ProgressOman122 (20.0)Scotland80/2 (11.3)Scotland need 43 runs in 51 balls at 5.05 rpoCRR: 7.08
- Match 12, ICC World Twenty20 Europe Qualifier, 2021 at Almeria, Oct 21, 2021Match EndedDenmark130/6 (20.0)Jersey131/6 (18.5)Jersey beat Denmark by 4 wicketsCRR: 7.08
- 3rd T20I, Sierra Leone in Nigeria, 6 T20I Series, 2021 at Lagos, Oct 21, 2021NigeriaSierra LeoneThu, Oct 21, 2021 - 6:30 PM IST
- Match 19, ICC World Twenty20 Africa Qualifier, 2021 at Kigali, Oct 22, 2021LesothoMalawiFri, Oct 22, 2021 - 12:45 PM IST
- Match 18, ICC World Twenty20 Africa Qualifier, 2021 at Kigali, Oct 22, 2021RwandaEswatiniFri, Oct 22, 2021 - 12:45 PM IST
- Match 11, ICC World Twenty20 Europe Qualifier, 2021 at Almeria, Oct 21, 2021Germany116/6 (20.0)Italy117 (20.0)Italy beat Germany by 1 run
- Match 9, ICC World Twenty20, 2021 at Oman, Oct 21, 2021Bangladesh181/7 (20.0)Papua New Guinea97 (19.3)Bangladesh beat Papua New Guinea by 84 runs
- Match 1, Valletta Cup, 2021 at Malta, Oct 21, 2021Malta213/5 (20.0)Gibraltar152/2 (20.0)Malta beat Gibraltar by 61 runs