- Opinion: Serena Williams Was Blamed For Defending Herself; That's Nothing New For Black Women
The 23-time Grand Slam champion Serena Williams was stunned by Japan's Naomi Osaka in straight sets in the US Open 2018 final on Saturday.
- It 'Paes' To Be Leander
Just like Sachin Tendulkar, Leander Paes will always make it to the list of greatest Indian sportspersons. The 42-year-old is only getting better with age.
- Davis Cup: Present perfect but will the young brigade put country before self?
Although the Indian Davis Cup team has moved closer to playing in the World Group next year, a better understanding is needed among the players and the All Indian Tennis Association to avoid embarrassing disputes like the one which happened in 2013.
- The grand-and-slam relationship between a player and coach!
2014 so far has been the year of player-coach relationships in tennis with Roger Federer hiring Stefan Edberg and Novak Djokovic bringing Boris Becker into his camp. The question, however, is how many of these coaches will stay with the players?
- Money-ball: International Tennis Premier League can redefine the game!
The idea of a new International Tennis Premier League sounds very exciting, with eight top-10 players, including Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga and Stanislas Wawrinka set to take part in four Asian cities; Dubai, Singapore, Bangkok and Mumbai, come December.
- Should women play 5 sets in tennis Grand Slams?
Does a long match always equal to a great match? Not always. While many choose to not read a particular book because it's too thick, or not watch a particular film because it's too long, that's not how it works in sports. Can you decide before a match, in any sport, whether you're going to watch it or not, depending on its duration? No, right?
- A date to remember with Maria Sharapova
What happens when woman of your dreams is sitting right in front of you and you are caught between your profession and fascination.
- Can Davis Cup triumph reignite the spark in Nadal?
Rafael Nadal capped off on average year
- Djokovic is no superman after all
The signs of a packed season are clearly evident. With the season in its last leg, the body is wearing off and with it the aura of invincibility.
- India, a ravaged victim of partisan foreign journalism
Get the Commonwealth Games and you have security scare. Get the Formula One and the world chooses to talk of social imbalance in India threatening the image of the sport. When will the whining stop?
- 6th T20I, England in Pakistan, 7 T20I Series, 2022 at Lahore, Sep 30, 2022PakistanEnglandFri, Sep 30, 2022 - 8:00 PM IST
- English Premier League, 2022/23Match 81 , at LondonArsenalTottenham HotspurSat, Oct 1, 2022 - 5:00 PM IST
- English Premier League, 2022/23Match 82 , at BournemouthBournemouthBrentfordSat, Oct 1, 2022 - 7:30 PM IST
- 2nd T20I, Bangladesh in UAE, 2 T20I Series, 2022 at Dubai, Sep 27, 2022United Arab Emirates137/5 (20.0)Bangladesh169/5 (20.0)Bangladesh beat United Arab Emirates by 32 runs
- 1st T20I, South Africa in India, 3 T20I Series, 2022 at Thiruvananthapuram, Sep 28, 2022India110/2 (16.4)South Africa106/8 (20.0)India beat South Africa by 8 wickets
- 5th T20I, England in Pakistan, 7 T20I Series, 2022 at Lahore, Sep 28, 2022Pakistan145 (19.0)England139/7 (20.0)Pakistan beat England by 6 runs