- Opinion: 5 Cricket Rules That ICC Needs to Dump Right Away
Some of the the ICC's rules are open to debate and in urgent need of revision or change.
- Steve Smith Not A Hero But He Isn't A Villain Either
While Steve Smith has rightly been castigated for his action, at least he came forward and owned up.
- IPL 2018 Player Auction: A Combination Of Eye-Popping Deals And Cine Stars Gathering
Rajasthan Royals secured England all-rounder Ben Stokes for an eye-popping Rs 12.5 crore, two crore down from the price he fetched in 2017 season by Rising Pune Supergiant.
- Blog: Justice Lodha Is Like Donald Trump For Indian Cricket
Justice Lodha, as long as he was addressing legal issues - corruption, cronyism and conflict of interest - was on the right track. But the switch from surgeon to system disruptor has destroyed the two nurseries of Indian cricket and replaced them with passive vote banks
- Why It's Time to Respect Indian Cricket Umpires and Hail Their Efforts
India have not had an umpire in the ICC Elite Panel in over 11 years. Even several national cricketers have low opinion of the umpiring standards at home. "It's a tough job, respect them" says Simon Taufel. "Would love to see Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid donning white coats."
- No Country For Cricketers
In England, merit is not the only criteria to decide who plays or doesn't. In West Indies it is no different. In South Africa, it seems, a quota decides who plays and who doesn't. The deprived are the fans. The unaffected is the cricket administration. The frustrated are the cricketers.
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Please End the Test Retirement Speculation
Mahendra Singh Dhoni caught an entire nation off-guard when he announced his Test retirement in the middle of the Test series against Australia last month.
- Arrival of the Personal Coach
Years ago Sourav Ganguly spent time with Greg Chappell in Australia (when they were still on talking terms) and immediately scored a hundred in Brisbane on a lively pitch. Recently, top Indian cricketers have started working with their own coaches and the most well known case is that of Pravin Amre.
- The Dhoni Years
Mahendra Singh Dhoni made his One-Day International debut for India ten years ago on 23rd December 2004.
- Who Does Not Know Sachin Tendulkar? Asks World Number One Rory McIlroy
Rory McIlroy, I found out,is a keen cricket follower, he was not only well informed about Tendulkar's exploits but even knew Rohit Sharma recently smashed 264 in a 50-over game. Among English cricketers he admires Kevin Pietersen for his flair and flamboyance, for his wonderful stroke-making and ability to win matches .
- Match 30, Indian Premier League, 2021 at Dubai, Sep 19, 2021Chennai Super KingsMumbai IndiansSun, Sep 19, 2021 - 7:30 PM IST
- Match 31, Indian Premier League, 2021 at Abu Dhabi, Sep 20, 2021Kolkata Knight RidersRoyal Challengers BangaloreMon, Sep 20, 2021 - 7:30 PM IST
- Match 32, Indian Premier League, 2021 at Dubai, Sep 21, 2021Punjab KingsRajasthan RoyalsTue, Sep 21, 2021 - 7:30 PM IST
- Match 1, Indian Premier League, 2021 at Chennai, Apr 9, 2021Mumbai Indians159/9 (20.0)Royal Challengers Bangalore160/8 (20.0)Royal Challengers Bangalore beat Mumbai Indians by 2 wickets
- Match 2, Indian Premier League, 2021 at Mumbai, Apr 10, 2021Chennai Super Kings188/7 (20.0)Delhi Capitals190/3 (18.4)Delhi Capitals beat Chennai Super Kings by 7 wickets
- Match 3, Indian Premier League, 2021 at Chennai, Apr 11, 2021Sunrisers Hyderabad177/5 (20.0)Kolkata Knight Riders187/6 (20.0)Kolkata Knight Riders beat Sunrisers Hyderabad by 10 runs