Indian Premier League 2022, MI vs RR Highlights: Jos Buttler Century Powers Rajasthan Royals to 23-Run Win vs Mumbai Indians
IPL 2022, Mumbai Indians vs Rajasthan Royals Highlights: Yuzvendra Chahal and Jos Buttler starred as Rajasthan Royals defeated Mumbai Indians by 23 runs.
IPL 2022, Mumbai Indians vs Rajasthan Royals Highlights: Rajasthan Royals made a stunning return in the match against Mumbai Indians after the Sanju Samson-led side took four wickets in quick succession. Ishan Kishan and Tilak Varma were running away with the game for Mumbai Indians as they struck half-centuries, but owing to a fantastic catch by Navdeep Saini in the deep, Kishan was sent back to the hut, and the floodgates opened up. Ravichandran Ashwin and Yuzvendra Chahal then dismissed Tilak Varma, Tim David and Daniel Sams in quick succession. Kieron Pollard was not able to take Mumbai Indians over the line and in the end, they stumbled to a 23-run loss. Earlier, Tilak Varma and Ishan Kishan had steadied the ship for Mumbai Indians as they put on 81 runs for the third wicket. Mumbai Indians had lost the wicket of Rohit Sharma in the second over of the innings as the right-handed batter was sent back to the pavilion by Prasidh Krishna. Rohit managed to score just 10. Jos Buttler brought his A-game to the Dr DY Patil Sports Academy as he scored 100 runs off 68 balls against the Mumbai Indians with the help of 11 fours and 5 sixes and he aided Rajasthan Royals to post 193/8 in 20 overs. (SCORECARD)
Rajasthan Royals: Jos Buttler, Yashasvi Jaiswal, Sanju Samson(w/c), Devdutt Padikkal, Shimron Hetmyer, Riyan Parag, Ravichandran Ashwin, Yuzvendra Chahal, Trent Boult, Navdeep Saini, Prasidh Krishna.
Mumbai Indians: Rohit Sharma(c), Ishan Kishan(w), Anmolpreet Singh, Tilak Varma, Kieron Pollard, Tim David, Daniel Sams, Murugan Ashwin, Jasprit Bumrah, Tymal Mills, Basil Thampi.
Indian Premier League 2022, Mumbai Indians vs Rajasthan Royals Highlights From Dr DY Patil Sports Academy In Mumbai
- 19:28 (IST)RR win by 23 runs!!Rajasthan Royals defeat Mumbai Indians, win by 23 runs!
- 19:25 (IST)DOT! MI need 4 sixes to win!Mumbai Indians now need 24 runs off 4 balls! Pollard needs to hit four sixes!
- 19:25 (IST)FOUR! Pollard starts with a boundary, 24 needed off 5Kieron Pollard starts with a boundary and MI needed 24 runs off 5 balls.
- 19:21 (IST)29 runs needed in final over for MIMumbai Indians need 29 runs in the final over to win and Kieron Pollard will be on strike.
- 19:09 (IST)SIX! Pollard hits another big oneTill the time Pollard is there, Mumbai knows they are in with more than a chance. 40 needed off 15 balls.
- 19:09 (IST)FOUR! MI's hopes rely heavily on PollardFOUR for Kieron Pollard. Mumbai would be hoping for the Pollard show to continue till the end of the game.
- 19:08 (IST)MI need 50 off final three overs!After losing wickets in a cluster, Mumbai Indians now need 50 runs off the final three overs!
- 19:00 (IST)DROPPED! Chahal denied a hat-trickKarun Nair drops a simple one at first-flip and Yuzvendra Chahal misses out on a hat-trick.
- 18:53 (IST)Wicket! Tim David dismissedYuzvendra Chahal strikes to send Tim David back to the hut! MI 136/5 in 15.1 overs!
- 18:47 (IST)WICKET! Ashwin sends Tilak Varma back to the hut!Ravichandran Ashwin provides the much-needed breakthrough for Rajasthan Royals. The spinner castles the stumps of Tilak Varma. Tilak scored 91. MI 135/4 in 14.2 overs.
- 18:40 (IST)Fifty for Tilak Varma!Tilak Varma brings up his fifty off just 32 balls!
- 18:37 (IST)WICKET! Kishan departs after scoring 50.Ishan Kishan dismissed by Trent Boult! What a catch by Navdeep Saini.
- 18:34 (IST)Fifty for Ishan Kishan!Ishan Kishan brings up his half-century off just 41 balls!
- 18:32 (IST)MI 112/2 after 12 overs, need 82 off 8Mumbai Indians are placed nicely at 112/2 after 12 overs. The team needs 82 runs more to win from eight overs. RR in need of some quick wickets.
- 18:27 (IST)DROPPED! Jaiswal puts down a tough chanceIshan Kishan goes for a slog sweep, Yashasvi Jaiswal tried his best to hang on, but in the end, the task was too much.
- 18:22 (IST)SIX, FOUR! Tilak Varma on fireSIX! Tilak Varma hits a big one off the bowling of Yuvendra Chahal and two balls later, he hits another four! MI 94/2 in 9.5 overs.
- 18:16 (IST)SIX! Tilak Varma showing brute strength!Tilak Varma is making full use of Navdeep Saini's bowling. MI 81/2.
- 18:13 (IST)FOUR! Tilak Varma starts ninth over with a four!Tilak Varma starts the ninth over in style. Smashes a boundary!
- 18:10 (IST)Chahal bowls a tight one, concedes just 6 runsYuzvendra Chahal did not leak runs in his first over and he gave away just six runs! MI 67/2 after 8 overs.
- 18:06 (IST)Six! Tilak Varma dispatches Ashwin for a big one!Tilak Varma hits a flat six off the bowling of Ravichandran Ashwin. MI 61/2 after 7 overs.
- 18:03 (IST)MI 50/2 after 6 oversMumbai Indians are 50/2 after six overs and they needed 144 runs in 15 overs to win the contest against RR.
- 18:00 (IST)Prasidh back into the attack and he is greeted with a four!Sanju Samson brings back Prasidh Krishna into the attack and Ishan Kishan hits him for a four straightaway.
- 17:56 (IST)Wicket! Anmolpreet Singh sent back to the hut!Navdeep Saini sends back Anmolpreet Singh to the hut. Mumbai 40/2.
- 17:52 (IST)FREE HIT! A Four for KishanIshan Kishan makes full use of the free hit and he register yet another four.
- 17:51 (IST)FOUR! Ishan Kishan on fireAfter hitting a massive six, Ishan Kishan follows it with another four!
- 17:50 (IST)SIX! Ishan Kishan smashes the bouncer!Ishan Kishan just dismisses the ball out of his sight! Navdeep Saini bangs one in but Ishan smashes it with ease to register a massive six! MI 30/1.
- 17:46 (IST)Four! Ishan Kishan showing ominous signsIshan Kishan is showing some ominous signs here! He is looking in good touch and this is exactly what Mumbai Indians need.
- 17:41 (IST)OUT! Prasidh sends back RohitPrasidh Krishna with the big breakthrough. H dismisses Mumbai Indians skipper Rohit Sharma. Rohit departs after scoring 10.
- 17:38 (IST)SIX! Rohit hits his first big one!Rohit Sharma hits his first six of the game. Dispatches Prasidh Krishna over the boundary ropes.
- 17:34 (IST)FOUR! Ishan Kishan begins in style!Ishan Kishan begins his innings in style as he smashes Trent Boult for a four on just the third ball of the innings.
- 17:19 (IST)Wickets fall in a hurry, RR post 193/8Rajasthan Royals end up with 193/8.
- 17:11 (IST)Buttler walks back!Bumrah castles the stumps of Buttler. RR 185/6 after 19 overs.
- 17:09 (IST)WICKET! Bumrah castles the stumps of ButtlerButtler departs after scoring a century! Bumrah bowls a perfect yorker and Buttler cannot do anything about it. RR 184/5 in 18.5 overs.
- 17:06 (IST)Ton For Buttler!Jos Buttler brings up his century off just 66 balls!
- 17:01 (IST)Hetmyer on fire. Absolute carnage!Hetmyer has raced to 34 off just 12 balls and Rajasthan Royals are nearing 200.
- 16:54 (IST)Back to back fours! Hetmyer taking full toll of PollardShimron Hetmyer is taking full toll of Kieron Pollard's bowling. He has smashes 20 runs off 4 balls in the 17th over. RR 164/3 in 16.4 overs.
- 16:53 (IST)Back to back sixes for Hetmyer!Shimron Hetmyer smashes back-to-back sixes off the bowling of Pollard!
- 16:52 (IST)SIX! Hetmyer joins the funSIX! Hetmyer joins the fun and smashes a six! RR 150/3 in 16.1 overs.
- 16:45 (IST)FOUR! Buttler five runs away from his centuryButtler glances the ball off his pads for a FOUR! He moves onto 95.
- 16:40 (IST)OUT! Samson departsIn trying to hit a massive six, Sanju Samson departs after scoring 30. Kieron Pollard with the much-needed wicket for Mumbai Indians. RR 130/3.