IPL Highlights, RR vs KKR: Chris Lynn, Sunil Narine Power Kolkata Knight Riders To Emphatic Win Over Rajasthan Royals
IPL 2019, Rajasthan Royals vs Kolkata Knight Riders Highlights: Rajasthan Royals scored 139/3 in 20 overs.
Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) defeated Rajasthan Royals (RR) by 8 wickets at the Sawai Mansingh Stadium in Jaipur. Chasing 140 runs, KKR openers Chris Lynn and Sunil Narine gave the visitors a flying start as the duo galloped 52 runs in only 4.1 overs. Sunil Narine was at his best as he scored a quickfire 47 off just 25 balls at a strike rate of 188. His innings included 6 fours and 3 sixes. Narine and Lynn clobbered boundaries around the park at will as they added 91 runs for the 1st wicket in 8.3 overs. Narine was dismissed by Shreyas Gopal. On the other hand, Lynn brought up his 7th IPL half-century before he was dismissed for 50 off 32 balls. His innings also included 6 fours and 3 sixes. Gopal dismissed Lynn who was caught at 1st slip by Steve Smith. By the time Lynn was dismissed, KKR were in touching distance from a fabulous win. Robin Uthappa scored 26 off 16 (1 four, 2 sixes) to ensure KKR don't lose further wickets. With this win, KKR climbed to the top of the points table, dethroning Chennai Super Kings with a superior net run rate. Earlier, RR scored 139/3 in 20 overs courtesy a fluent 73 not out by Steve Smith. (SCORECARD)
IPL 2019 Highlights Updates Between Rajasthan Royals vs Kolkata Knight Riders, straight from Sawai Mansingh Stadium, Jaipur.
- 22:51 (IST)WIDEBen Stokes bowls one down the leg-side as Kolkata Knight Riders beat Rajasthan Royals by 8 wickets.They chase the 140-run target in 13.5 overs.
- 22:28 (IST)WICKET!Gopal strikes! He dismisses the dangerous looking Sunil Narine for 47. The Trinidadian edges the ball as Steve Smith takes a sharp catch at 1st slip. KKR are 91/1 in 8.3 overs.
- 22:14 (IST)End of the powerplayKolkata Knight Riders are 65/0 after 6 overs. This is the 2nd highest powerplay score in IPL 2019. Sunil Narine is batting on 34 off 16 balls while Lynn is unbeaten on 29 from 20 balls. KKR need 75 runs to win from 84 balls to win.
- 22:08 (IST)SIX!Lynn dispatches the ball over long-on. With this, the 50-run partnership comes up between Lynn and Narine. KKR are 52/0 in 4.1 overs.
- 22:04 (IST)FOUR! ByesLynn is lucky not to be dismissed as the bails don't fall. He was bowled by Kulkarni but the bails weren't dislodged. Instead, the ball kisses the leg stump and goes past Buttler towards the fence.
- 21:34 (IST)End of the inningsRajasthan Royals score 139/3 in 20 overs. Steve Smith remained unbeaten on 73 runs off 59 balls.