3rd ODI, India vs Australia, Highlights: India Dealt Rare Series Defeat At Home As Australia Take Spoils
IND vs AUS Highlights: Australia on Wednesday beat India by 21 runs in the third ODI to win the three-match series 2-1.
IND vs AUS, 3rd ODI Highlights: Adam Zampa starred with a four-wicket spell as Australia beat India by 21 runs in the third and final ODI to clinch the series 2-1. Chasing a target of 270, India were bowled out for 248, after a middle-order collapse. Earlier, Kuldeep Yadav and Hardik Pandya took three wickets each as Australia were bowled out for 269 in the third ODI encounter in Chennai. Axar also scalped the wicket of Marcus Stoinis while Hardik was the pick of the bowlers for India, taking three wickets in quick succession to halt Australia's charge. Mitchell Marsh was the top-scorer for the visitors with 47. Earlier, Australia skipper Steve Smith won the toss and opted to bat against India. (SCORECARD)
Australia (Playing XI): David Warner, Travis Head, Mitchell Marsh, Steven Smith(c), Marnus Labuschagne, Alex Carey(w), Marcus Stoinis, Ashton Agar, Sean Abbott, Mitchell Starc, Adam Zampa
India (Playing XI): Rohit Sharma(c), Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, KL Rahul(w), Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Axar Patel, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Shami, Mohammed Siraj
Here are the Highlights of the 3rd ODI match between India and Australia, straight from the MA Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai:
- 22:12 (IST)India vs Australia: Aus win series!That's it! Australia win by 21 runs to win the series 2-1. Kuldeep gets run out after a mix-up with Siraj. Zampa stars with four wickets
- 22:05 (IST)India vs Australia Live: BOWLED!Shami throws his bat at it again but misses! Stoinis cleans him up. India go 9 down and Australia are almost there.Mohammed Shami b Stoinis 14 (10)IND: 243/9 (47.5)
- 22:02 (IST)India vs Australia Live: SIX RUNS!Shami takes the aerial route and clears the boundary! He got his front leg out of the way, and pulled away for six
- 22:01 (IST)India vs Australia Live: OUT!Jadeja falls and India's hopes have been dashed! Australia now on topRavindra Jadeja c Stoinis b Zampa 18 (33)
- 22:00 (IST)India vs Australia Live: WICKET!Hardik departs! Mistimes his shot and his caught!Hardik Pandya c Smith b Zampa 40 (40)IND: 218/7 (43.4)
- 21:14 (IST)India vs Australia Live: Four Runs!Hardik swivels and hits it late. He will collect four runs. These two need to take India across the finishing line. Can't rely on the tail-enders.
- 20:56 (IST)India vs Australia Live: Bowled him!Three ducks on the trot for SKY! He is cleaned up by Agar, who is now on hat-trick. India in troubleSuryakumar Yadav b Agar 0 (1)IND: 185/6 (35.2)
- 20:48 (IST)India vs Australia Live: Wicket!Kohli holes out to Warner at long-off!Bowled on a length just about on off, and tossed up a little. India go five down. This wicket has added some much-needed spice to this gameIND: 185/5 (35.1)
- 20:43 (IST)India vs Australia Live: Four Runs!Punched through extra cover! Short delivery outside off and Pandya hard-punches it to the cover fielder's left, who dives but misses the ba;;IND: 182/4 (34.1)
- 20:27 (IST)India vs Australia Live: 50 for Kohli!Clipped to fine leg as Kohli reaches fifty. 65th ODI half-century for the great man! Decent knock so far. He will look to accelerate from here
- 20:19 (IST)India vs Australia Live: Run-Out!Terrible mix-up and some excellent fielding from Smith! Carey makes a diving effort to caught Axar short and he tastes success!Axar Patel run out (Smith/Carey) 2 (4)IND: 151/4 (28.5)
- 20:18 (IST)India vs Australia Live: 150 up for India!150 up for India! Fired into the pads, Kohli pushes wide of midwicket for two.IND: 150/3 (28.3)
- 20:12 (IST)India vs Australia Live: Out!Rahul tries to go all the way once again but doesn't get the bounce needed. Holes out to Abbott at long-on. Zampa gets another wicket. 69-run stand comes to an endKL Rahul c Abbott b Zampa 32 (50)IND: 146/3 (27.5)
- 20:07 (IST)India vs Australia Live: Six Runs!Too full from Starc and Rahul goes bang! He tees off back over the bowler's head for a six. He has changed the gears.IND: 137/2 (26.2)
- 20:03 (IST)India vs Australia Live: Four Runs!Finally, a boundary for India! KL Rahul breaks the shackles after 49 deliveries. He drills it past the umpire's headIND: 130/2 (26)
- 19:55 (IST)India vs Australia Live: India need boudaries!It's been nearly seven overs since the last boundary. India struggling to score runs at the moment. But the required run rate is still under 6.IND: 121/2 (24)
- 19:31 (IST)India vs Australia Live: Kohli on fire!Kohli goes inside-out and in the air, over wide long-off. What a shot from the great man. 10 off the over so farIND: 102/2 (17.4)
- 19:09 (IST)India vs Australia Live: Good review for Aus!Big appeal for lbw rejected! Smith takes the DRS. Ball lands just short of the boot, but the impact is on the pad first before it hits the inside edge of the bat. Ultra-edge confirm its pad first. Gill has to walk backShubman Gill lbw b Zampa 37 (49)IND: 77/2 (12.2 ov)
- 18:49 (IST)India vs Australia Live: OUT!Rohit hits it straight to midwicket! Went for the pull but the lack of pace sees him pick out Starc at midwicket. First blow for India. Abbott with the breakthroughRohit Sharma c Starc b Abbott 30 (17)IND: 65/1 (9.1)
- 18:40 (IST)India vs Australia Live: Vintage Rohit!Rohit leans into a length ball, and lofts it over mid-off. You don't time those better than that. Classic Rohit. Chepauk is loving it. India in control so farIND: 45/0 (6.6)
- 18:37 (IST)India vs Australia Live: Driven with panache!Overpitched from Starc and Gill obliges! Leans forward and beats a chasing David Warner through cover region. This is excellent batting from GillIND: 37/0 (6.4)
- 18:29 (IST)India vs Australia Live: Gill on a roll!Back-to-back boundaries from Gill! The first one was drive along the ground towards deep midwicket. This one beats mid-off and extra cover. Promising from Gill as India cruise so far
IND: 27/0 (4.4)
- 18:26 (IST)India vs Australia Live: FOUR RUNS!Some swing on offer and India goes back to late-cut it for four. Excellent shotIND: 18/0 (3.5)
- 18:19 (IST)India vs Australia Live: SIX RUNS!Timed into the stands! On the pads with a hint of movement. Gill pre empts it, and plays a pick-up shot over midwicket. First boundary of the innings.IND: 13/0 (2.4)
- 18:06 (IST)India vs Australia Live: Rohit is off the mark!India's chase is up and running! Rohit runs it down to third for a single to get off the mark.IND: 1/0 (0.1)
- 17:39 (IST)India vs Australia: Visitors are 269 all outIt is all over for Australia! Mitchell Starc was the last batsman to lose their wicket as Mohammed Siraj claimed his second scalp. Another attempt to clear the deep square leg boundary but this time, the catch was completed and Australia are all out for 269.
- 17:33 (IST)India vs Australia Live: Starc not giving upAustralia may be 9 wickets down but Michell Starc is not giving up. A confident slog over square leg and it is six! A good comeback of sorts from the visitors who lost wickets at regular intervals and after 48.3 overs, they are 267 for the loss of 9 wickets.
- 17:29 (IST)India vs Australia Live: Welcome boundary for AustraliaMohammed Shami bowled the delivery slightly on the leg side and Adam Zampa played quite well to guide it to the fine leg boundary. The spinner was able to play the shot extremely late and this is be a welcome boundary for the hosts. Australia 259 for the loss of 9 wickets.
- 17:25 (IST)India vs Australia Live: Good day for PandyaIt has been a good show for Hardik Pandya who has bowled quite a bit of overs in this match. The all-rounder was used well by the skipper Rohit Sharma and his wickets at the top of the innings was immensely important in making sure that Australia did not have a good base to build their innings. Australia 254/9 after 46 overs.
- 17:19 (IST)India vs Australia Live: Another wicket!A short pitched delivery and Ashton Agar could not control himself from heaving it towards the mid-wicket boundary. However, Axar Patel did not even have to move an inch as the ball came directly to him and the all-rounder completed an easy catch. Another wicket goes down as Australia are 249 for the loss of 9 wickets.
- 17:14 (IST)India vs Australia Live: Axar strikes!A huge six from Sean Abbott but the second attempt did not provide the same result. The batsmen missed a straight delivery from Axar Patel and it crashed into the middle stump. Eight wickets down ad Australia are 245 after 45 overs.
- 17:10 (IST)India vs Australia Live: Miscued galoreBoth Ashton Agar and Sean Abbott has tried to play big shots but till now, timing has been a major issue. Both batsmen seem to be rushing into the shots and as a result, boundaries are really few and far between. Australia 231/7 after 44 overs.
- 17:05 (IST)India vs Australia Live: Worry for IndiaTwo things must be troubling India right now - The partnership between Sean Abbott and Ashton Agar has added some valuable runs and secondly, the pitch has assisted spinners quite a bit. If the trend continues, life is not going to be that easy for the hosts as well. Australia 229/7 after 43 overs.
- 17:00 (IST)India vs Australia Live: Kuldeep Yadav show!It has been a good performance from Kuldeep Yadav who has struggled to cement his position in the national side off late. However, he used the pitch well today and batsmen found it quite difficult to hit him for a lot of runs. Australia 223/7
- 16:53 (IST)India vs Australia Live: Good over from KuldeepAfter scalping three wickets, Kuldeep Yadav is now controlling the flow of runs as well. In the previous over, he concedes only four runs and creates a lot of pressure on the Australian batters.AUS 213/7 (41 overs)
- 16:39 (IST)India vs Australia Live: OUTOUT!!! Kuldeep Yadav gets his third wicket of the day and this time Alex Carey becomes his prey. Carey completely fails to judge the spinning delivery of Kuldeep as the ball misses the edge and rattles up the off-stump. Seventh blow to Australia.AUS 203/7 (38.1 overs)
- 16:35 (IST)India vs Australia Live: 200 comes up for AustraliaAlex Carey smashes a boundary off Hardik Pandya's delivery as Australia go past the 200-run mark. The visitors started the proceedings on a good note but India made a good comeback and troubled the Aussie batters.AUS 200/6 (37.2 overs)
- 16:31 (IST)India vs Australia Live: OUTOUT!!! Axar Patel provides India with a much-needed breakthrough as he removes Marcus Stoinis for 25. Stoinis tries to go for a big hit but Shubman Gill takes a brilliant catch at the long-on as Australia lose their sixth wicket.AUS 196/6 (37 overs)
- 16:27 (IST)India vs Australia Live: FOURFOUR!!! Marcus Stoinis gets a brilliant boundary off Mohammed Shami's delivery. Stoinis stays leg-side of the ball and drills it straight of mid-on. Australia eye a comeback from here as they rely of Carey and Stoinis' partnership.AUS 191/5 (35.3 overs)
- 16:22 (IST)India vs Australia Live: SIXSIX!!! Alex Carey makes a good use of the free-hit and smashes a huge six off Axar Patel's delivery. Carey gets down on one-leg and comfortably sends the ball straight into the crowd for a maximum.AUS 185/5 (34.5 overs)