India vs Australia, 3rd Test Day 2 Highlights: Nathan Lyon Takes Eight Wickets As India Stare At Defeat
IND vs AUS Highlights: Nathan Lyon's eight-wicket haul helped Australia bundle India out for 163 runs in the latter's second innings. The guests will be needing 76 runs to win the game on the fourth innings on Day 3.
IND vs AUS, 3rd Test Day 2, Highlights: Nathan Lyon's eight-wicket haul helped Australia bundle India out for 163 runs in the latter's second innings. Cheteshwar Pujara scored a fighting 59 but he lacked support from other Indian batters. The guests will be needing 76 runs to win the game on the fourth innings. Earlier on Day 2, Umesh Yadav and Ravichandran Ashwin picked three wickets each as the hosts bounced back to bowl out Australia for 197. Ravindra Jadeja, who had picked all four Australian wickets that fell on the opening day, missed his five-for. On Wednesday, Matthew Kuhnemann had registered his maiden five-wicket haul in Test cricket as Australia bundled out India for 109 runs.(SCORECARD)
Here are the Highlights of Day 2 of the 3rd Test between India and Australia from the Holkar Cricket Stadium, Indore
- 17:09 (IST)IND vs AUS Live: Stumps!It is Stumps on Day 2! Australia tighten their grip further in the game despite their batting failure early on the day. Nathan Lyon's 8-wicket haul has put them in a dominating position in the game. They will be needing only 76 runs to make the series 1-2. Will they succeed? Or India will produces a turnaround. We will discover that on the third day. Do join us in time on Friday. Goodbye folks!
- 15:49 (IST)IND vs AUS Live: WICKET!It's a five-wicket haul for Nathan Lyon, his 23rd in Test cricket. How good a bowler he is! He beautifully uses the conditions to his advantage. The off-spinner has consistently troubled the Indian batters in this innings and deservedly gets a five-for.IND 109 & 140/7 (48.1)
- 15:42 (IST)IND vs AUS Live: Fifty for Cheteshwar Pujara!A single down the ground and with it, Cheteshwar Pujara races to his 35th half-century in Test cricket. He gets there in 108 balls. What a knock this has been so far from India's batting mainstay! The conditions are really tough for batters, but Pujara has just stood apart in this innings. The work is not done yet as he needs to take India to a respected total.India (109 and 133/6) lead Australia (197) by 45 runs
- 14:59 (IST)IND vs AUS Live: WICKET! Iyer is gone!A sensational catch from Usman Khawaja at short mid-wicket puts an end to Shreyas Iyer's quickfire knock. It was a fuller ball from Mitchell Starc. Iyer hit it to the left of Khawaja, and the latter pulled off a stunner to cut short his innings. Iyer departs for 26 runs off 27 balls.IND 109 & 113/5 (37.2)
- 14:08 (IST)IND vs AUS Live: WICKET!Nathan Lyon has struck again! This is the third wicket for the off-spinner in the innings. He caught Jadeja plumb in front of the stumps but umpire was unconvinced. Steve Smith didn't waste time and went upstairs. Ball tracker suggested that the ball would have comfortably hit the stumps. Jadeja departs for 7.IND 109 & 78/4 (30.5)
- 13:44 (IST)
- 13:32 (IST)IND vs AUS Live: WICKET!Just when it looked that Virat Kohli was gaining some momentum, Matthew Kuhnemann has dismissed him. The ball was tad short that stayed really low. Kohli rocked back and wanted to whip it away, but got struck on the pad. Umpire raised his finger for an LBW appeal and Kohli decided not to review.IND 109 & 54/3 (22.4)
- 13:02 (IST)IND vs AUS Live: WICKET!A big fish for Nathan Lyon. He has caught Rohit Sharma plumb in front of the stumps. The off-spinner deserved this wicket for the way he had been bowling in the innings. The ball was picked around the good lengh area and turned into Rohit, who failed to get his bat on time. In the process, Rohit also wastes a review.IND 109 & 32/2 (14.4)
- 12:18 (IST)IND vs AUS Live: WICKET!Shubman Gill tried to up the ante and perished in the process. This is the first breakthrough for Australia in this innings. Gill stepped out of his crease to go for a big one, but the off-spinning delivery from Lyon turned way more than the batter would have expected and hit the middle stump.IND 109 & 15/1 (5)
- 10:48 (IST)IND vs AUS Live: WICKET!One brings two! Cameron Green follows Peter Handscomb to the dugout for his individual score of 21. It was an appeal for LBW. Umpire raised his finger in approval, but Green decided to go upstairs. Ball tracker suggested that it would have clipped the leg stump. India are back in the game after an hour of wicket drought.AUS 188/6 (72)
- 09:45 (IST)IND vs AUS Live: No real threat for Australia!Three overs have been bowled in the game so far today. Mohammed Siraj started with a maiden over and Ravindra Jadeja too followed him without conceding any run. The third over, which was bowled by Siraj again, saw Cameron Green hitting a four. The pitch has played good so far.AUS 160/4 (57)