India vs Australia, 1st Test Day 3, Highlights: Ravichandran Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja Star As India Register Innings Win Over Australia
IND vs AUS Highlights, 1st Test, Day 3: India outplayed Australia by an innings and 132 runs in the first Test of the four-match series at the Vidarbha Cricket Association Stadium in Nagpur.
India vs Australia, 1st Test Day 3, Highlights: India outplayed Australia by an innings and 132 runs in the first Test of the four-match series at the Vidarbha Cricket Association Stadium in Nagpur. Ravichandran Ashwin claimed a five-wicket haul, Ravindra Jadeja and Mohammed Shami took two as India bundled out Australia for 91 runs in the guests' second innings. It was Ravichandran Ashwin's 31st five-for in Test cricket. Earlier, Rohit Sharma's 120 and Axar Patel's 84 steered India to 400 all out, helping the side take a first innings lead of 223 runs against the guests. Todd Murphy had claimed seven wickets but lacked an equally good support from the other Australian bowlers. Visiting skipper Pat Cummins had opted to bat first in the game. India had bundled out Australia for 177, thanks to Ravindra Jadeja's five-wicket haul. (SCORECARD)
Here are the Highlights of Day 3 of the 1st Test between India and Australia straight from Vidarbha Cricket Association Stadium in Nagpur
- 14:26 (IST)India vs Australia Live: WICKET! India WIN!!!That's it! Mohammed Shami claims the final wicket of the Australian innings and India win the game by an innings and 132 runs. They take a 1-0 lead in the four-match series. Australia were never in the game ever since they were bowled out for 177. Rohit Sharma's century and Ravindra Jadeja's all-round show helped India dictate terms. Not to forget the contributions of Ravichandran Ashwin and Axar Patel too.AUS 177 & 91
- 14:16 (IST)India vs Australia Live: WICKET!Mohammed Shami has cleaned up Nathan Lyon and Australia are nine down now. India are only one wicket away from an innings victory. Australia still trail the hosts by 135 runs. Mere formality remains in this game now.
- 13:55 (IST)India vs Australia Live: WICKET!First wicket for Axar Patel. Todd Murphy hands a dolly to Rohit Sharma at short mid-wicket and India are now really close to an innings victory over Australia. Meanwhile, it is the 50th catch for Rohit Sharma in Test cricket.AUS 177 & 75/8 (26.3)
- 13:52 (IST)India vs Australia Live: FOUR!On driving length from Ravindra Jadeja and Steve Smith played it over the extra cover for a four. This is a really good shot from Smith. He will keep fighting as long as he is there in the middle.AUS 177 & 72/7 (24.5)
- 13:45 (IST)India vs Australia Live: WICKET!Australia are seven down as Ravindra Jadeja claims the wicket of Pat Cummins. It was pitched around good length area and the ball left Cummins but took the outside egde of his bat and KS Bharat grabbed the ball behind the stumps.AUS 177 & 67/7 (22.4)
- 13:37 (IST)India vs Australia Live: WICKET!Alex Carey is gone and it is the 31st five-wicket haul for Ravichandran Ashwin in Test cricket. Australia are nearing an innings defeat against India. They still trail the hosts by 159 runs and have only four wickets in hand. Tough time!AUS 177 & 64/6 (19.2)
- 13:26 (IST)India vs Australia Live: WICKET!Australia are five down now. This is some terrific performance from R Ashwin as he claims his fourth wicket of the innings. Peter Handscomb was caught in front of the stumps but umpire was unconvinced. India decided to go upstairs and it turned out to be a right decision as the ball was found to have hitting the leg stump.AUS 177 & 52/5 (17.2)
- 13:12 (IST)India vs Australia Live: WICKET!Another one bites the dust! Ravichandran Ashwin is being too difficult to face for the Australian batter. This time Matt Renshaw loses the battle against him and departs for 2 runs off 7 balls. This is Ashwin's third wicket of the innings.AUS 177 & 42/4 (15.2)
- 13:06 (IST)India vs Australia Live: WICKET!Ravichandran Ashwin has got the wicket of David Warner and Australia are in some real trouble. They still need 189 runs to take a lead in this match. This game is slipping away from their hands.AUS 177 & 34/3 (13.5)
- 13:02 (IST)India vs Australia Live: WICKET!Ravindra Jadeja has caught Marnus Labuschagne plumb in front of the stumps. Australia go two down at the score of 26. The ball stayed a bit low and beat Labuschagne's defence.
- 12:37 (IST)India vs Australia Live: Catch dropped!Virat Kohli has dropped a regulation catch at first slip. David Warner had edge a Ravichandran Ashwin delivery that went with a good height to Kohli, but the fielder failed to hold on to the catch. This should have been taken.
- 12:27 (IST)India vs Australia Live: Lucky Labuschagne!A Mohammed Shami delivery hit Marnus Labuschagne on the back pad. Umpire was unconvinced with the appeal so India decided to go upstairs. Ball tracker revealed that it was clipping the off stump.AUS 177 & 8/1 (2.3)
- 12:20 (IST)India vs Australia Live: WICKET!Ravichandran Ashwin strikes early to send back Usman Khawaja. This is a superb start for India who had taken an innings lead of 223 runs against Australia.Australia 177 & 7/1 (1.5 overs) vs India (400)
- 11:37 (IST)India vs Australia Live: India all out for 400!Axar Patel has been cleaned up Pat Cummins and that is the end of India's innings and that of Axar. He departs for a superb 84-run knock. India found it hard to go past 300 at one stage as they were reduced to 240/7, but knocks of Ravindra Jadeja, Axar and Mohammed Shami have helped them take a big first-innings lead of 223 runs.IND 400 (139.3)
- 11:14 (IST)India vs Australia Live: SIX!Flight on offer from Todd Murphy. Axar Patel dances down the track and hits it over long-on for a six. He is making the batting look so easy.... Believe me, it is not! The track is having some good turn but Axar has settled himself so well that barely any delivery is troubling him. He is into the 80s now.IND 397/9 (136.4)
- 11:08 (IST)India vs Australia Live: FOUR!An inside out shot from Axar Patel on the bowling of Todd Murphy for a four. With the hit, the Indian batter is now not out at 76. Can he get to the triple digit score from here? Well, a lot depends on Mohammed Siraj - the batter at the non-striker end.IND 391/9 (135)
- 10:59 (IST)India vs Australia Live: WICKET!Mohammed Shami departs for 37 as Todd Murphy claims his 7th wicket. India 380/9 in 132.4 overs vs Australia
- 10:48 (IST)India vs Australia Live: Back-to-back sixes from Shami!Mohammed Shami is batting in a different gear at the moment. He has smacked Todd Murphy for two consecutive sixes. The first one went over the extra cover region and the following one went over the deep mid-wicket. This is superb batting from Shami!IND 376/8 (130.4)
- 10:43 (IST)India vs Australia Live: FOUR!This is a really goot shot from Mohammed Shami. Nathan Lyon bowled it around off at good length. Shami rocked back and hit it for a four through cover region.IND 363/8 (129.3)
- 10:20 (IST)IND vs AUS Live: SIX!SIX! This is what Mohammed Shami can do. He can hit these shots with ease. It was in the slot from Todd Murphy and Shami heaved it into the stands for a six over deep mid-wicket.IND 348/8 (125)
- 10:08 (IST)IND vs AUS Live: Catch dropped!Scott Boland has dropped Mohammed Shami's catch at long-on. Shami hit a Nathan Lyon delivery high in the air and it could have been a regular catch for Boland, but he made a mess of it. Poor Australia!
- 09:57 (IST)IND vs AUS Live: FOUR!That's a good shot from Mohammed Shami for a four. He got on the backfoot and cut the ball away for the boundary. These runs will definitely hurt Australia as they aim to clean up the Indian tail as early as possible.IND 335/8 (119.3)
- 09:55 (IST)IND vs AUS Live: WICKET!Error in judgement from Ravindra Jadeja and he will have to depart at the score of 70. Off-spinner Todd Murphy bowled made the ball turn to the other side and Jadeja left it. The ball hit his stumps, handing the Aussie debutant his sixth wicket. India 328/8 in 118.2 overs vs Australia
- 09:43 (IST)IND vs AUS LIVE: Good turn for spinners!Nathan Lyon got some really good turn in his first over. He beat Axar Patel's outside edge for more than a couple of times. So, Pat Cummins has decided to not continue and hand the ball to Todd Murphy to bowl from his end.IND 324/7 (116)
- 09:33 (IST)IND vs AUS LIVE: Day 3 play starts!The play on Day has kicked off with Pat Cummins bowling the first over. Ravindra Jadeja is on the strike, Axar Patel is at the other end.
- 09:25 (IST)IND vs AUS LIVE: Australia need an early breakthrough!The pair of Ravindra Jadeja and Axar Patel have added 81 runs for the eighth wicket so far. They are unbeaten on their respective scores of 66 and 52. Australia need an early breakthrough to bounce back in the game, or the Indian duo will take the match further away from the guests. We are only 5 minutes away from Day 3 play.
- 08:51 (IST)IND vs AUS LIVE: How was India's performance on Day 2?India lost a total of six wickets on Day 2 but comfortably took a 144-run lead over Australia. Rohit Sharma shone with his century before the pair of Ravindra Jadeja and Axar Patel took the centre stage. The two are still unbeaten. In case you missed the action on Friday, check the highlights HERE
- 08:29 (IST)IND vs AUS Live: Batting coach lauds Rohit SharmaHere is what batting coach Vikram Rathour had to say on captain Rohit Sharma's 120-run knock on Friday.
"Rohit Sharma's knock was very special, he showed a lot of temperament."— BCCI (@BCCI) February 10, 2023
Batting Coach Vikram Rathour lauds #TeamIndia captain on his brilliant ton in the first innings of the Nagpur Test @ImRo45 | #INDvAUS | @mastercardindia pic.twitter.com/qumRr55Dqa
- 08:10 (IST)IND vs AUS Live: Welcome guys!Hello guys welcome to the live blog of Day 3 of the ongoing first Test match between India and Australia. India will resume at the score of 321/7 with a lead of 144 over the guests. Stay connected for all the live updates!