India vs England, 3rd Test, Day 4 Highlights: England Beat India By Innings And 76 Runs, Level Series 1-1
England vs India: England outclassed India by an innings and 76 runs in the third Test at Headingley in Leeds to level the five-match series 1-1.
England, yet again, produced a brilliant spell of fast bowling to dismantle the Indian batting line-up, taking eight wickets in the first session on Day 4 to bowl out the visitors for 278 in the second innings and win the 3rd Test by an innings and 76 runs. The emphatic win at Headingley in Leeds helped the hosts level the five-match series at 1-1. Ollie Robinson was the star of the show on Day 4 for England, taking his 2nd five-wicket haul in Tests.. James Anderson, Craig Overton and Moeen Ali were also amongst the wickets as the Indian batsmen crumbled under pressure. After Cheteshwar Pujara fell early, Robinson removed skipper Virat Kohli as well to put India on the backfoot. Anderson got the prized scalp of Ajinkya Rahane while Robinson returned to dismiss Rishabh Pant. Mohammed Shami fell to Ali while Ishant Sharma was dismissed by Robinson. Pacer Craig Overton removed a dangerous looking Ravindra Jadeja for 30 runs and Mohammed Siraj in the same over to finish off India's innings. (SCORECARD)
India vs England, 3rd Test, Day 4 Highlights From Headingley, Leeds
- 17:28 (IST)Overton Takes Final 2 Wickets - England Win !England Win by an innings and 76 runs to level series 1-1Craig Overton takes final two wickets as he removes Jadeja and Siraj in the same over to end India's inningsEngland pacers and Moeen Ali bowled superbly well to bundle out India inside the first session on Day 4Ollie Robinson took his second 5-wicket haul in TestsIND 78 & 278ENG 432That's all from the third Test Live Blog, hope to see you again for the 4th TestTill then, goodbye and take care
- 17:01 (IST)Wicket - Robinson Gets Ishant !!Robinson removes Ishant to complete a 5-wicket haul on Day 4India are now facing an innings defeat at HeadingleyIND 257/8 after 95.5 overs - England Need 2 wickets to win
- 16:53 (IST)Wicket - Ali Gets Shami !Joe Root surprises everyone as he brings Moeen Ali into the attack, who gets a wicket on the second ballBowls Shami with a ball that spins a lotIND 254/7 after 94.2 overs - England Need three wickets to win
- 16:32 (IST)Wicket- Anderson Gets Rahane !Anderson gets into the act now as he gets Rahane to edge to Buttler for 10 runs off 25 ballsIND 239/5 after 91 overs - Trail by 115 runsPant and Jadeja in the middle now
- 16:24 (IST)Wicket- Robinson Gets Kohli !Right after hitting a boundary, Kohli edges Robinson to be dismissed for 55 runs off 125 ballsIND 237/4 after 90 overs - Trail by 117 runsRishabh Pant joins Rahane in the middle
- 16:18 (IST)Four - Kohli Brings Up 50 !Kohli flicks one off the pads for a boundary off Robinson to bring up his 50On the other hand, despite missing out on a few Rahane is looking solid in the middle and has raced to 9 runs off 21 ballsIND 233/3 after 89.1 overs - Trail by 121 runs
- 15:50 (IST)Wicket - Robinson Gets PujaraBig blow for the Indians as Pujara is dismissed without adding anything to his overnight scoreRobinson and Root get the DRS right and the LBW decision is reversedIND 215/3 after 83.3 overs - Trail by 139 runsAjinkya Rahane comes into the middle
- 15:21 (IST)Bright & Sunny Day 4 !One of the best mornings of the series so far - It's bright and sunny and perfect for batting for the likes of Cheteshwar Pujara and Virat KohliAnderson and the rest of the pace attack will have to buckle up for a long day today
It's a bright and sunny day here at the Headingley Stadium.— BCCI (@BCCI) August 28, 2021
Pujara and Kohli will resume their innings. How many runs do you reckon they will add to the overnight tally?#ENGvIND pic.twitter.com/QXaiyzyYhn
- 14:29 (IST)Hello and welcome!Hello and welcome to our coverage of Day 4 of the third Test between England and IndiaHeadingley has been the venue for some classics in the past, and it is proving to be so againWith India still traling by 139 runs, can Cheteshwar Pujara and Virat Kohli steer them closer to England's score, or will James Anderson turn the game again with the new ball?We'll find out soon enough!