England vs India, 2nd Test, Day 2 Highlights: Joe Root, Rory Burns Rescue England After Mohammed Siraj Double-Strike
England vs India Highlights: England's Joe Root and Rory Burns steadied England as Stumps was called on Day 2 of the second Test match at Lord's.
England's Joe Root (48 not out) and Rory Burns (49) rebuilt the team after two early wickets in their first innings of the second Test at Lord's as stumps was called with England placed at 119/3 after 45 overs. Johnny Bairstow was in the middle batting at 6 not out as England still trailed India by 245 runs. Mohammed Shami removed Burns for 49 runs in the final phase of the day's play. Burns got one that kept low and hit the pads, making it an easy call for the umpire. England were rocked as Dominic Sibley and Haseeb Hameed fell to pacer Mohammed Siraj on back-to-back deliveries right after Tea to put India in control. Siraj removed Sibley on the second ball of the first over in the final session and then castled Hameed for a duck.
Earlier, England pacer James Anderson completed his 31st five-wicket haul as India lost three wickets of Ishant Sharma, Jasprit Bumrah and Ravindra Jadeja in the post Lunch session to get bundled out. England walked off the field for Lunch looking happier of the two teams as India lost four wickets in the first session of play. Indian wicket-keeper batsman Rishabh Pant counter-attacked the English bowlers but fell soon after for 37 runs off 58 balls as India lost two wickets in quick succession. Moeen Ali dismissed Mohammed Shami for a duck to bring England back in the game. KL Rahul (129 runs off 250 balls) and Ajinkya Rahane (1 run off 23 balls) departed early with pacers Ollie Robinson and James Anderson giving England massive breakthroughs. (SCORECARD)
Highlights Of England vs India 2nd Test, Day 2 From Lord's, London
- 23:09 (IST)End Of Day 2 - Stumps !Stumps - Day 2Joe Root and Jonny Bairstow end the day unbeaten as England finish Day 2 at 119/3Root was unbeaten on 48 while Bairstow was at 6They still trail India by 245 runs and will look to reduce the deficit tomorrowFor India, Siraj was the player of the day as he took two back-to-back wickets and bowled exceptionally well in the final hourThat's all from the Live blog for today, thanks for tuning in and be sure to join us tomorrow for Day 3 actionTill then, goodbye and take care!
- 20:43 (IST)Wicket - Siraj Gets Hameed !What a start for Siraj - Drama from the first over after Tea with two wickets in two ballsBack-to-back wickets now as he gets Haseeb Hameed for a first-ball duckENG 23/2 after 14.2 overs
- 20:20 (IST)Tea - Day 2, 2nd Test !Tea Taken, Day 2 - 2nd TestEngland went to Tea without losing any wicketsIndian pacers Mohammed Shami, Mohammed Siraj, Ishant Sharma and Jasprit Bumrah gave it their all but still couldn't breach their defencesENG 23/0 after 14 overs - Trail by 341 runs
- 19:14 (IST)Wicket - Wood Gets Jadeja - India All Out !India All Out - 364Mark Wood dismisses Ravindra Jadeja as India is all-out for 364 in their first inningsEngland will soon take the field with their openers Rory Burns and Dom Sibley in the middle
- 19:00 (IST)Wicket - Anderson Gets Bumrah !James Anderson has his fifth of the innings as he gets Bumrah caught behind with a beauty for a duckThat's his 31st five-wicket haulIND 364/9 after 126 overs